First Person Shooter games

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Yeah, all of B co. 3/75 went to go do the fast roping and other things for the movie, all the exact same units that were in the battle did the movie also.
Son of Ranger Byrd (Sgt 1st Class) (B co. 3rd Ranger Batt. '84 -'87 or so)
R.L.T.W.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Actually, it was only one platoon. Where'd you get that intel, your BHD DVD? Like I said, I KNOW THE STUDS WHO DID IT.
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

If I'm not on this site, I'm playin Task Force Dagger. I should be gettin the new Delta Force (Blackhawk Down) soon. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Blackhawk Down? I looks pretty squared away.
2/75 C Co. Wpns Plt 94-98
RGR Class 11-96
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

I've never played Black-hawk down but I play Americas army. If you like FPS games i would definitley check this game out, its free! Here are some pic's of the newest version that should be coming out any day this month.

ImageImage

These are some of the opfor's.
ImageImageImageImage
Admin - Im sorry if I shouldn't have posted all these pic's. Edit if you feel the need.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Free Game, Free Art, etc.... You credited the source and they're giving it away so no biggie.
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

Warcraft 2 bne.. It's all strider's fault!!!
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Saltbitch wrote:Actually, it was only one platoon. Where'd you get that intel, your BHD DVD? Like I said, I KNOW THE STUDS WHO DID IT.
Well I know it was a squad that went to do the stunts and all, but I guess I wasn't being specific, sorry. And where igot my intel from was the internet where some guy that was over there during the filming said they had the actual company over there. And also, a week after Rendevous '01, my parents and I went down to Benning, and just my father and I went into B co.'s arms room(3rd Battalion), got to hold a couple of weapons, and was talking to a 240 gunner(describing how that weapon was a f*cking automatic sniper rifle with the scope on it), a tall blonde hair guy if I can remember, was teling me that they did the stunts for the movie and that when it came out, it was going to kick ass. So thats how I got all my intel. Also, on a side note, I posted this on another forum, but if you know him, I went to go see the movie with Al Lamb, a known member in the Ranger community and almost won the Medal Of Honor for his actions in Somalia, but ended getting the Silver Star I believe, the one below the MOH. He said the movie was pretty dead on, except maybe for the intensity of the real battle was far worse then actually depicted, but that was acceptable knowing who would be seeing it and producing it.
R.L.T.W.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Well, swampy, I'm glad to see that you got your G2 from sources other than the movie/book. No harm, no foul....you see I really have a hard-on for wannabees who are a product of the BHD phenomanon(sp?). You have to understand, I grew up in BN with these guys(Mog vets). I spent more than one sunday afternoon putting a milkshake on Smitty's grave with my bro. I can still picture the sidewalk behind Bco; more specifically the worn out grass on either side of it. The twin paths were there because the six Rangers from Bco names' were carved in the concrete. No one who wasn't there dared tread on those names...even some who were, didn't. When they moved to the new barracks, I was glad to see that they uprooted the section of sidewalk.
As for SFC Lamb, I have the utmost respect for him. You should be very proud to know him; he had already left 1st plt when I arrived in BN. He was/is indeed a legend; even I was trained in the "Leaping Lamb" CQB technique.
So I hope you understand why I'm more than primed, probably more than I should be, to put my jungle boot in the face of the BHD generation...
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Saltbitch wrote:Well, swampy, I'm glad to see that you got your G2 from sources other than the movie/book. No harm, no foul....you see I really have a hard-on for wannabees who are a product of the BHD phenomanon(sp?). You have to understand, I grew up in BN with these guys(Mog vets). I spent more than one sunday afternoon putting a milkshake on Smitty's grave with my bro. I can still picture the sidewalk behind Bco; more specifically the worn out grass on either side of it. The twin paths were there because the six Rangers from Bco names' were carved in the concrete. No one who wasn't there dared tread on those names...even some who were, didn't. When they moved to the new barracks, I was glad to see that they uprooted the section of sidewalk.
As for SFC Lamb, I have the utmost respect for him. You should be very proud to know him; he had already left 1st plt when I arrived in BN. He was/is indeed a legend; even I was trained in the "Leaping Lamb" CQB technique.
So I hope you understand why I'm more than primed, probably more than I should be, to put my jungle boot in the face of the BHD generation...
Hey it's no problem, I understnad totally, I'm actually glad you challenged me there, because I do know there are alot of wannabe's out there, so I know where your coming from. Yeah, I asked SMG. Lamb to come speak to my military history, he accepted without any questions, he was outstanding, the best speaker we had, very informative, so I am proud to know him (honored actually) :wink:. Lamb asked my father yesterday over the phone if he wanted to go shooting some time so they're going to do that once my father and I get back from Rendevous this coming week, so they're pretty good buds. Lamb is pretty busy though, traveling back forth to places, well, you know how it is.

Don't know if you also know Rick Merrit, a Mog. vet. also, when I went down to Benning back in '01, went down to Eglin AFB also for 2 days or so, happen to find a company from 1st Batt. getting ready to go back to Hunter, they just got done training down there( remember one of the guys saying he suffered a concusion(sp)from a mission they did the night before),and Merrit was there, so we talked to him also, and got a picture with him, and speaking about pics, I also have one with me, my father, and Lamb after getting done seeing BHD. So if you need clarification on that stuff, I'll try and post them. Well I'm gonna go for the night, so I'll see you all later on.
R.L.T.W.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey stud, no pic's required...just wanted to shed some light on my attitude towards BHD...Have fun at rendezvous...I know I will..... :lol:
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Saltbitch wrote:Hey stud, no pic's required...just wanted to shed some light on my attitude towards BHD...Have fun at rendezvous...I know I will..... :lol:
I have a question just before I go, how many non-rangers, like friends, family, whatever, do you guess are going to attend rendevous? This is my 1st time being down there during this event, and want to be prepared for it. And how "big" will it be? Sorry if the last question there is stupid, just being curious. Thanks.
R.L.T.W.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

A shitload... :D I'm not sure how many that actually is, but it sounds like a lot, doesn't it?
Seriously, though, I honestly haven't been to one since I was in. I 'remember' them being huge affairs, however....pneves would be a better person to ask...
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Yeah it does hehe. Well I figured there would be alot of people at this event,consider the whole Regiment at one place. Last time my father was at this thing I was a baby :lol:, so thats been a decade and a half ago. Only problem we're(my fatherand and I) basically going to have is getting on base, we don't have any decals becasue its a rental car we're driving, so unless the check points down there are like what they are up here at Bragg, where they just search the car, we shouldn't have much problems. I just wonder what the "Regimental Night at the South Georgia Waves Baseball Game is gogi nto be about? Oh well, guess I'll find out once we get there lol.
R.L.T.W.
mmwmia

Post by mmwmia »

Ghost Recon is the best i've seen so far. there's something invigorating about being able to give A.I. characters orders to sneak around the back of a building on their bellies, blow a door off its frame and meet you in the middle while securing hostages and calling in air strikes 50 yards from your position. I grew up with Atari through Nintendo, and I cannot believe how realistic these games have gotten. they can pretty much think on their on. there's a Ghost II coming out and I here it's light years better than the first. you can actually see tango's heads jerk back and brain matter fly out through your sniper scope!!! cant wait for that!!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”