Assignment For DEPshits, READ and PASS IT ON

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Runner
Ranger

Assignment For DEPshits, READ and PASS IT ON

Post by Runner »

I know we have a few ohioans on here, but I'm just wonderin where in Ohio you guys are from. I myself am from right here in the land of the free home of the hippies, Kent Ohio. Where are you guys from?
Last edited by Runner on April 26th, 2004, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Almost, but not quite....

Post by lexlawgirl »

I can see Ohio from my office window ;)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I say Ohio every dawn I am in Japan. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Madrat
Embryo

Post by Madrat »

Well, not sure if I should admit it, but south central Ohio here.
Graduated Military Police school Class C-10,2/84
Assigned 978th MP CO, Force Command.
Honorably Discharged 2/87
Rank at time of discharge, A/Sgt. (P)
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I feel for you Malarkey, I have heard about that Kent place...
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

:lol: Man I thought Ohio was a more popular place. oh well, I don't like it either. Now that I think about it we are kinda hillbillies...

BlackSrt4, I take it you're talking about the shootings? Sad sad thing... I run to Kent State often and you can still see bullet holes, and there's a memorial site where each of the kids were shot.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Northeastern ohio
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I came home from RVN the month previous to the Kent State shootings. It was by your own NG, was it not? Was a investigation ever done as to why the NG was issued live ammo for the "riot control" they were brought that day? Were the names of the soldiers ever released to the public? Did the C.O. of the N.G. unit resign because of this incident? What was the C.O.'s name? What was the rank and name of the officer present with this group at Kent State? Were the soldiers all from Ohio? I guess you are lucky Malarkey being from Ohio and bringing up the subject. I want a essay from you to answer my above questions. 5000 words should be good. All spelling and grammer shall be correct before you post it in Maximum Carnage no later than a week from today (generous amount of time I think). By 1700 C.S.T. titled "Kent State 24 years later." I want facts, not suppositions Malarkey. You now have your assignment. You can ask others for help and get whatever information you need off the internet with links that work for us to verify. No plagurism, you will give proper credit to those you got the information from.

Note to Marlarkey: You brought up the subject, now tell everyone what happened. Answer my questions as I have instructed you. Failure to comply is not an option for you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CavTroop
Tadpole

Post by CavTroop »

I'm in Wooster, but went to school at Kent from 1979-1982.

Malarkey, are you up to Ranger Steadfast's assignment? You better be, the unit that did the shooting was mine, although I wasn't in it at the time. Several of the weapons used on the hill that day were in my arms room and I know several of the participants personally. I also took a class on the shootings while I was there, so I've seen it through the lenses of both the OHARNG and the students.
Let's see what you've got to say on the subject and then I'll weigh in.

Do a good job, and you'll earn respect. Screw it up and I'm gonna smoke you. So focus and do your research, or don't do it at all.

CT Out
Last edited by CavTroop on April 26th, 2004, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
107TH Armd Cav OHARNG 1979-1989
"Facere Non Dicere"
Deeds Not Words
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Damn Malarkey; stomp that hard on your dick very ofter? What's a matter, don't like your genitals? You DEPshits had better help him out; or 5 of you will suffer his fate. It will probably not be very pretty; and it will probably be the DEPshit leaders, too. Anyone care to guess who they'll be? What will you all do without them? :cry:

THE CLOCK IS TICKING MOTHERFUCKERS. YOU LITTLE BASTARDS HAD BETTER GET THE ALERT SENT OUT, OR IT WILL BE CURTAINS.
You have enjoyed life on here free from my harassment for too long. You have squared each other away, and generally speaking, kept yourselves low-profile. All of this is nice, but you've become too soft; PREPARE FOR A STRESS-INNOCULATION.
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Ranger Steadfast, I am up to it and I'm gonna start workin on it right now. It will be in the format of the essays they teach us to write at school. If this is wrong, I'm sorry but it't the only way I know how. Gotta keep this short so I can start up.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Malarkey PM'd me earlier today, asking if he could run this 'project' without the help of any other DEPshits. While he feels confident that he can pull it off, how confident are the rest of YOU?! Remember, five of you will share his fate if his shit comes up weak. But hey, if you have faith, vios con dios.

I reminded him of Murphy's Laws of Combat, which states,"If you take more than your fair share of objectives, then you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take." In short, don't bite off more than you are prepared to chew. Good luck, kids.
C.Morris
Paratrooper

Post by C.Morris »

Toledo, ohio born and raised
4th RTB January05 to Present
"When you know that's all you got, there's always a little more." Quoted From Door Gunner
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

C.Morris wrote:Toledo, ohio born and raised
Geez....You're 'lucky' you belong to Ranger H8train; I'd have smoked you for that. Anyone else you'd care to give a 'shout-out' to? :?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”