I am Sorry

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Scuba Wino wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:I'm in........................ :roll:
>handing Zonk a beer< Here you go Sir, ice cold....

yeah, pass me one too Mr. T.......oh yeah and before I forget....."Freeze Mother Fucker"!!!!!!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

so what is this an Admins joke?

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:so what is this an Admins joke?

Not that I'm aware of.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
firstblood
Embryo

Heart is all thats left.

Post by firstblood »

My name is Chad. I am 20 years old and I am 5' 9" and weigh 141lbs. I'm high school graduate. I went to a semester of Art College and hated it. I have spent the last 2 years traveling as much as I could. I lived in Los Angeles for close to 3 months and moved back home for a career change. I use to be in bands and I have been on tour and played some pretty sweet shows. I also have a number of tattoos.

I have always been interested in the Army and for the past 2 years I let it lay dormant in the back of my head. I had a girlfriend and she would have freaked if I had joined. The past month or so it's been weighing on my shoulders to go and talk with a recruiter and see what it was all about. I had mentioned to him my interest in becoming a Ranger.

After extensive research and the 20 questions game, I went to MEPS and took my ASVABs and got the physical out of the way. I scored pretty well on the ASVABs and I am in very good physical condition. Finally it was my turn to pick my MOS and I was persistent on getting option 40. It was available so I obviously grabbed it.

I leave in about one month and I'm naturally anxious and excited. I have been trying to train my can off. I am up to 40 push ups in just over one minute. Sit ups are killing me, even though I don't have a beer gut or anything. But I am persistent, I've been trying to do 50 in one sitting every morning and night, it's tough. Running is another task I have to over come. I have been doing about a half mile a day to work my self up and build strength. I'm going to be doing a thing someone had suggested to me, I sprint the straight away on the track and light jog the curve, then switch.

I really want to be a Ranger, but who doesn't, anyone would love to be. I can promise that I will try my best and then some, and give it my all. I would like to apologize one more time for my attitude and I would like to ask for a second chance.

Thank you for your time. I would be happy to answer any questions.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Heart is all thats left.

Post by cams »

I scored pretty well on the ASVABs and I am in very good physical condition.
'Very good' as in, you still got all your teeth and fingers kind of thing, or in a PT kind of way, working out?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Good effort on the new intro Chad. Thanks for your desire to be an Army Ranger. Continue to push your self on the exercise scores.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

There is no way in hell that you went from being a complete shithead to being this squared away in your postings....but I'll give you the rope you need to hang yourself!

Time will tell how serious you are.
firstblood
Embryo

Post by firstblood »

cams wrote:
'Very good' as in, you still got all your teeth and fingers kind of thing, or in a PT kind of way, working out?
Yes all my digits, but also in very good condition as in I'm not over weight, and I am stronger than most kids my age. I don't smoke or drink. But I've been told that the drikning part would change when I'm in... I don't know though. :wink:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Matador275 wrote:There is no way in hell that you went from being a complete shithead to being this squared away in your postings....but I'll give you the rope you need to hang yourself!

Time will tell how serious you are.
You seemed to work out well. That is what Dave said anyway. :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

firstblood wrote:
cams wrote:
Yes all my digits, but also in very good condition as in I'm not over weight, and I am stronger than most kids my age. I don't smoke or drink. But I've been told that the drikning part would change when I'm in... I don't know though. :wink:
I tried...........
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Ranger Luna wrote:
firstblood wrote:
cams wrote: 'Very good' as in, you still got all your teeth and fingers kind of thing, or in a PT kind of way, working out?
I tried...........

Sometimes it just aint worth it is it Luna ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rgrpuck wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:
firstblood wrote: Yes all my digits, but also in very good condition as in I'm not over weight, and I am stronger than most kids my age. I don't smoke or drink. But I've been told that the drikning part would change when I'm in... I don't know though. :wink:
I tried...........

Sometimes it just aint worth it is it Luna ?
Unfucking believable, Sarn't Major.

May God have mercy on his sole................... :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

firstblood wrote:
cams wrote:
Your gay and live a sheltered life.....pussy. :roll: :evil:
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Yes all my digits,
Yes what?! Buddy? Pal? Motherfucker?

but also in very good condition as in I'm not over weight, and I am stronger than most kids my age. I don't smoke or drink. But I've been told that the drikning part would change when I'm in... I don't know though. :wink:
Well guess what turd, your PT scores are that of a cripple 12 year old with a bulbous head. 50 sit-ups a day?! Are you fucking serious??!! Good grief man, my 9 year old does more than that at fucking recess.

Son, you need to start PT'ing your ass off now.

Seriously, they'll fucking eat you alive boy. You gots a lot to do, so get to doin' it.

And stop winking at me you little fag. What am I, Laura fucking Ingles sitting next to you while you try not to get a fucking boner you little weirdo.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”