I need some advice please

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
rjalb1
Embryo

I need some advice please

Post by rjalb1 »

My recruiter came to my house to see me today so that we could finalize some stuff before my trip to MEPS on Wednesday. He went ahead and reserved the 11x Option 40 for me but said that I'd have to ship out on February 8th. I asked if I could ship maybe a couple months later so that I would have more time to get my affairs in order, but he said that this was all that was available. Do you guys think that he's just rushing me so that I'll be less likely to back out, or could it really be possible that this is the only available date?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

rjalb1

Post by Steadfast »

So do not finalize your paperwork until a later date to delay your entry. He can't force you to go in now unless you let him push you. Ask him what dates he has available the time you will be ready.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: rjalb1

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Steadfast wrote:So do not finalize your paperwork until a later date to delay your entry. He can't force you to go in now unless you let him push you. Ask him what dates he has available the time you will be ready.

And if he tells you there aren't any or won't be any, tell him he is fucked up like a soup sandwich.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rjalb1
Embryo

Post by rjalb1 »

Thanks Rangers, that's what I had in mind. You suppose he's just bluffing and I can get a later date? Furthermore, how often does RIP occur every year?
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rjalb1 wrote:Thanks Rangers, that's what I had in mind. You suppose he's just bluffing and I can get a later date? Furthermore, how often does RIP occur every year?
He isnt bluffing. He is just full of shit. Opt 40 will be there. RIP will be there. Your recruiter, he'll be selling broke dick used cars somewhere wishing he was a Ranger but couldnt be. Just tell him WHEN you want to enter and if he says you can't get Opt 40...just tell him...Cool, wanted to join the Marines anyhow. Bet that "last" Opt 40 shows up and he was able to get er done by pulling strings. :roll: Yup.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

rjalb1 wrote:Thanks Rangers, that's what I had in mind. You suppose he's just bluffing and I can get a later date? Furthermore, how often does RIP occur every year?
There isn't a constant number of RIP courses per yer, but there are currently 11 scheduled for the 2007 fiscal year.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

What could so pressing that you couldn't get it done in a month and go?

Dude just wants to make mission so he wants you gone.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
toad
Ranger

Re: I need some advice please

Post by toad »

rjalb1 wrote:He went ahead and reserved the 11x Option 40 for me but said that I'd have to ship out on February 8th
I signed my RIP contract and shipped two weeks later. If you give 110%, you will have plenty of time in Basic and Airborne school to prepare yourself if you are REALLY serious!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
rjalb1
Embryo

Post by rjalb1 »

I guess I'd feel more comfortable if I knew I was embarking on this path ahead of the game. That's not to say that I couldn't ship out in February, but then there's the fact that I also want to respect my family's wishes and wait a bit longer.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

rjalb1 wrote:I guess I'd feel more comfortable if I knew I was embarking on this path ahead of the game. That's not to say that I couldn't ship out in February, but then there's the fact that I also want to respect my family's wishes and wait a bit longer.
apron strings are a bitch, keep us posted on when you decide to run your own life
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

rjalb1 wrote:I guess I'd feel more comfortable if I knew I was embarking on this path ahead of the game. That's not to say that I couldn't ship out in February, but then there's the fact that I also want to respect my family's wishes and wait a bit longer.
If any of us waited until we were "comfortable", we'd have never got off the couch either. That's what it's all about. Get outside of your warm, fuzzy comfort zone and do something. Step out on a limb, for Pete's sake.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
ateup25
US Army

Post by ateup25 »

Don't let your recruiter try to push you around. Mine tried the same BS but in the end I shipped when I wanted with an option 40 despite the fact that my recruiter and MEPS said it was impossible.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

rjalb1 wrote: but then there's the fact that I also want to respect my family's wishes and wait a bit longer.
Fuck your family. It's time to do what you want in life.

Your life takes prececence over your families wishes. They now become secondary. It's life.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

rjalb1 wrote: I'd feel more comfortable if ........
If your looking for comfort then..............................

Fuck it. Quit now!!!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88

Return to “Recruitment Process”