Cadences and PC

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Cadences and PC

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

I loved reading all of the cadences but i have a question for anyone active duty.

Before i got out the higher ups really cracked down on us about content on cadences.

No "Mam told Sally" that is offensive to women.

No reference to sex acts.Offensive to women.

No derogatory remarks"look to your left and what do you see?A bunch of broke dick clerks wanna be like me"or one of the many variations.My personal favorite would have been"A fat over weight fall out female soldier who cant make a run and her NCO cant say anything because hes a man and it would be harrassnebt and he would end his career,wanna be like me" i know it doesnt rhyme but i saw way to much of it at Campbell.

Anyway....this was my personal favorite.

We were not allowed to use "Airborne Ranger"It had to be Air Assault Ranger.OMFG>I refused and was willing to take the punishment.BTW this was post Somalia so i was very sensitive to not being allowed to cal cadence with"Airborne Ranger"

I always figured if it came down to it and i had to go speak with the CO or BN CDR i would give them my reasons and take my punishment.All of them were tabbed and hated the rule anyway.

To me the Cadences with "Airborne Ranger" were a tribute to the bravery or in some cases sexual prowness :lol: of those fine men.I would call the cadences the way i was taught.

Anyway has the political correctness still running rampant?Would i be in trouble if i went running and called cadence about lining a hundred women up against a wall???
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i remember that crap at Campbell during that time frame. they stopped with the "air assault Ranger" stuff. the cadences sucked ass.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Most of us never went the "Air Assault Ranger" route.Matter of fact i think that it probably doubled the Airborne Ranger cadences.probably a little louder than normal too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole thing was bullshit.Thank you Clinton for developing a politically correct Army.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”