SITREP for Greg88

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Outstanding! Never quit (although you sound motivated) and drive on.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
23LRS
US Army Veteran

Post by 23LRS »

Good luck Trooper!
Riamh Nar dhruid O sbairn lan
(Never Retreat From The Clash of Spears)

9ID LRS 90-91
I CORPS LRS 91-93
A CO. 1/509 PIR 93-97
75TH RRA member

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144:1
Greg88
Tadpole

Post by Greg88 »

Hello Rangers. I graduated Airborne school this last tuesday. I did all my jumps on saturday, sunday, and monday. It was the funnest thing I have ever done, but my knees were still shaking when the jumpmaster said 30 seconds. They sent us home for christmas exodus and I am due back the 1st. Everybody i have talked to so far has been saying that the RI's are going to only let a very small amount of 11b's in because they need more MOS's. But I will still give it 110% and never quit.
What the hell is a ruck???

Light Infantry rocks my socks.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Greg88 wrote:Everybody i have talked to so far has been saying that the RI's are going to only let a very small amount of 11b's in because they need more MOS's. But I will still give it 110% and never quit.
Don't listen to stupid private rumors...Joe doesn't know squat and he's always wrong. As long as you do what you're told, on time, to standard and don't quit, you'll make it. Don't call RIP cadre RI's, they're not RIs. Good job on airborne, don't quit.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Greg88 wrote:It was the funnest thing I have ever done.
As it should be. Don't worry, there is lots more fun ahead of you. Do lots of PT during Exodus from Benning School for Boys; recovery time in January is minimal as you are going right into RIP. Leave in SoCal followed by winter RIP -- your work is cut out for you. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats, Airborne! Glad to hear you earned those wings. Enjoy the holidays and come back ready to kick ass.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratualtions Paratrooper Greg88. Enjoy the holidays.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Do NOT get carried away "performing" for your civvie dirtbag friends on leave.
Drinking, auto mishaps and jumping off high things will kill your chances in an instant.
Keep your mind in the game & whatever you're doing for PT: DO MORE.
If the family & other civvies are distracting you - go home. Home is at Ft Benning for you.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Greg88
Tadpole

Post by Greg88 »

Hello Rangers.
I took the PT test for RIP on the 3rd this month. I was the Last fucker in my line. I know i did 55+ correct pushups but he already made up his mind i was gonna get a 41!!!. I was pretty pissed at first and still tried hard at every other event and passed above a 70% on each event but I was already fucked on the PU's. I am now on worldwide status with about 180 other guys. I came to terms with the fact that i wont have a shot to be a Ranger for a while or maybe even ever again. But thats not going to stop me from being a good squared away soldier and whatever unit i go to. I want to thank ALL of the Rangers on this site for helping me this far. But I still feal like i failed each and everyone of you. But now its just time to drive on and do my best wherever i go.

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Greg88 wrote:...now its just time to drive on and do my best wherever i go.
You got that right and keep that attitude. You did not quit. Keep your head high and carry no regrets with you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Greg88
Tadpole

Post by Greg88 »

Well i feal like i got pretty screwed here. I was at least expecting to be sent to an airborne unit. I really wanted 82nd. I got sent to 3rd BDE 1st ID 2-26 INF. We are the only light infantry on this heavy post of Ft. hood. Its not bad though, we have a really good 1st sergeant in Aco. I am hovering around the 300pt score mark with the PT we do here and the great gym we have here. I probably wont be comming back to this site much anymore, i just thought i should at least leave an update and not leave you hangin'.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

learned everything you need to learn here huh?

done with trying to be a Ranger huh?

not interested in trying to get ready to get a tab, and maybe, another shot at RIP/ROP down the line huh?
Greg88 wrote: I came to terms with the fact that i wont have a shot to be a Ranger for a while or maybe even ever again. But thats not going to stop me from being a good squared away soldier and whatever unit i go to.
quit on this too?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Greg88
Tadpole

Post by Greg88 »

NEGATIVE. I have much to learn where i am at. My goals have just changed, not my dedication to them. I am in a good unit and my goal instead of Ranger its now EIB and preparing to deploy with my unit. If the chance comes up that i can go back to RIP/ROP your damn right i will be there. Just because i got a set back at my first attempt that doesnt mean I QUIT. I still have a higher goal to reach. Im not quiting.
KW Driver wrote:learned everything you need to learn here huh?

done with trying to be a Ranger huh?

not interested in trying to get ready to get a tab, and maybe, another shot at RIP/ROP down the line huh?
Greg88 wrote: I came to terms with the fact that i wont have a shot to be a Ranger for a while or maybe even ever again. But thats not going to stop me from being a good squared away soldier and whatever unit i go to.
quit on this too?
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Greg88 wrote:Well i feal like i got pretty screwed here. I was at least expecting to be sent to an airborne unit. I really wanted 82nd. I got sent to 3rd BDE 1st ID 2-26 INF. We are the only light infantry on this heavy post of Ft. hood. Its not bad though, we have a really good 1st sergeant in Aco. I am hovering around the 300pt score mark with the PT we do here and the great gym we have here. I probably wont be comming back to this site much anymore, i just thought i should at least leave an update and not leave you hangin'.
A quick note to anyone thinking that if they get Airborne on their contract that they will be serving in an Airborne unit. It is not necessarily so. Gregg88 ended up in the same situation I was in back in '87. I had an Airborne contract and ended up on orders to The Big Red One(1st ID at Ft Riley Ks). All an Airborne contract means is that you will go to Jump School, thats all. It does not guarantee that you will go to a Airborne unit.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Greg88
Tadpole

Quick update.

Post by Greg88 »

I earned my EIB back in July. Im going to air assault school sept 23rd. I am on the Ranger school candidate list but i doubt that there will be enough slots for my company for any PFC's to go.

Return to “Letters from School”