Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Welcome. You have a long way to go, but don't look at it like that. Rome wasn't built in a day; if it was we'd be using their contractor.
Just keep trying. you'll get there eventually.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome. Your no-bullshit approach is refreshing amongst younger people. Keep after your goals - and then set newer, more difficult ones.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

Post by SpeedyEJL »

Thank you for the encouragement. Got my 200 last night, pulled a 1541 on the run.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and don't give up!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
cpaulsen20
Ranger

Post by cpaulsen20 »

Thank you for the encouragement. Got my 200 last night, pulled a 1541 on the run.
Outstanding job. Now start working on getting your run down to 15mins. Anything less is ludicrous, preposterous, and downright ridiculous.
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

SitRep

Post by SpeedyEJL »

Rangers IDon’tCare/Jim,

I rode on the words “never quitâ€
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SitRep

Post by Steadfast »

[quote="SpeedyEJL"]Rangers IDon’tCare/Jim,

I rode on the words “never quitâ€
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

Re: Introduction

Post by SpeedyEJL »

SITREP

It's been a while since I've posted on here and I figure I owe the board a post.

I graduated Airborne in SEP08.

Also in 08 I made contact with civilian law enforcement. Choices I made regarding the type of company I associate with caused me to be placed on suspension from ROTC and forfeit four semesters of scholarship money. A semester at my school is particularity expensive so the financial impact is hard to overstate.

After mountains of paperwork, effort, and a lot of luck all charges were dismissed. While in reality I was innocent from the start I don't consider myself a victim as I could have picked my friends wiser.

Given the nature of the charges Cadet Command was extremely hesitant to waive my record. After meeting with key personnel I was able to secure a waiver. I'm extremely grateful for this waiver, I love the United States Army. I received this waiver against all odds much to my disbelief and my cadre's.

Late in summer 2009 I was hit by a major loss in my life. People dying sucks. I think I handled myself relatively well but I'm barely holding on financially. I also let myself slide physically, I barely passed my last tape test. My run fell from a 12:30 to a 15:30. I've caught myself and I'm heading in the right direction now.

I have less than a month left before I graduate from Stern NYU with a business degree. I can't wait.

Everything appears to have cleared up except being granted a confidential clearance. I expect myself to receive one shortly.

I will be attending LDAC this summer in the 6th Regiment. I was not allowed to attend LDAC in 2009, when I should have, due to pending charges and a motorcycle accident.

I am still slotted for active duty and will be putting Infantry as my first choice. I will be branched in OCT10. I have the vast majority of categories for the ROTC OML maxed, except GPA. I expect to graduate with a 3.0.

Thank you Rangers.
SpeedyEJL
Paratrooper

Re: Introduction

Post by SpeedyEJL »

SITREP

It's been a while since I've posted on here and I figure I owe the board a post.

I graduated Airborne in SEP08.

Also in 08 I made contact with civilian law enforcement. Choices I made regarding the type of company I associate with caused me to be placed on suspension from ROTC and forfeit four semesters of scholarship money. A semester at my school is particularity expensive so the financial impact is hard to overstate.

After mountains of paperwork, effort, and a lot of luck all charges were dismissed. While in reality I was innocent from the start I don't consider myself a victim as I could have picked my friends wiser.

Given the nature of the charges Cadet Command was extremely hesitant to waive my record. After meeting with key personnel I was able to secure a waiver. I'm extremely grateful for this waiver, I love the United States Army. I received this waiver against all odds much to my disbelief and my cadre's.

Late in summer 2009 I was hit by a major loss in my life. People dying sucks. I think I handled myself relatively well but I'm barely holding on financially. I also let myself slide physically, I barely passed my last tape test. My run fell from a 12:30 to a 15:30. I've caught myself and I'm heading in the right direction now.

I have less than a month left before I graduate from Stern NYU with a business degree. I can't wait.

Everything appears to have cleared up except being granted a confidential clearance. I expect myself to receive one shortly.

I will be attending LDAC this summer in the 6th Regiment. I was not allowed to attend LDAC in 2009, when I should have, due to pending charges and a motorcycle accident.

I am still slotted for active duty and will be putting Infantry as my first choice. I will be branched in OCT10. I have the vast majority of categories for the ROTC OML maxed, except GPA. I expect to graduate with a 3.0.

Thank you Rangers.

Return to “Introduction Archive”