re-introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

By the way I was an 11B but as soon as I went to Batt I was placed in weapons platoon and became the senior mortar gunner in C co by the time I left.

It was great to have had the opportunity to cross train.

As an 11C you should try to gain all the experience you can from the 11B especially if you get in Batt.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
The Old Guy
Ranger

Post by The Old Guy »

Congratulations to you.

Life as a Mortar Maggot is great, humping those rounds and the base plate, but not as fine as the pride of lugging the PIG around!

FDC is a blast also. Do you guys still do FDC or is it now done with a computer? Pity if it is not, we used to have races to see who could come up with the final firing solution and then whose solution was the closest to the target. WP was my favorite round!!
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Welcome maggot. Good luck, don't quit.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome back.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Shooting little bombs at targets....I like that!

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
eskimo
Embryo

thank you

Post by eskimo »

Thank you all for your welcome and I will be more careful about what I type, that was stupid of me. I make my first jump tommorrow, can't wait. I don't know when I will start RIP but I hear hold is really long and with exodus coming up I know I won't start for at least a month still, if not longer. I know the next class starts on Jan.6th but if the rumors of RIP hold being packed are true then I won't be in it. Any insight as to the rumors would be appreciated. Driving on!!

Mortar Maggot :twisted:
11c "High Angle Hell, Death and Destruction from above."
eskimo
Embryo

Post by eskimo »

The Old Guy wrote:Congratulations to you.

Life as a Mortar Maggot is great, humping those rounds and the base plate, but not as fine as the pride of lugging the PIG around!

FDC is a blast also. Do you guys still do FDC or is it now done with a computer? Pity if it is not, we used to have races to see who could come up with the final firing solution and then whose solution was the closest to the target. WP was my favorite round!!
Honestly I would not know. In basic they taught us how to set the cannon up and point it in the right direction that is about it and my Drill Sergeants didn't really get into much after that. I would assume that final firing solutions are done by computer these days just because almost everything is, why not them.

cpaulsen20
Ranger

Re: thank you

Post by cpaulsen20 »

eskimo wrote:Thank you all for your welcome and I will be more careful about what I type, that was stupid of me. I make my first jump tommorrow, can't wait. I don't know when I will start RIP but I hear hold is really long and with exodus coming up I know I won't start for at least a month still, if not longer. I know the next class starts on Jan.6th but if the rumors of RIP hold being packed are true then I won't be in it. Any insight as to the rumors would be appreciated. Driving on!!

Mortar Maggot
Awesome, tomorrow will definitely be an experience you will remember. When your time in the door comes, don't think about it; just go.

Good luck, and continue driving. One reminder as far as exodus: Don't become complacent. Stay strong and motivated. Remember, forever is a couple of months away.
eskimo
Embryo

gradution

Post by eskimo »

I graduated from Airborne school yesterday. I have never been more proud of myself then after Sergeant Airborne stuck my jump wings into my chest. It was a good day. The only thing that could top it is my graduation from RIP. Moving to the RIP hold barracks on Monday, I think. We were told there is a chance we will be held at the Airborne barracks till after the holidays but it is unlikely.

While I am looking forward to exodus and seeing my family after 5 months, I would much rather stay in the training "zone". Staying focused on my goal will take discipline. Still I think the break will be good from me.

Mortar Maggot
eskimo
Embryo

one more thing

Post by eskimo »

One more thing. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is the best idea man has ever come up with.

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: gradution

Post by AbnRgr289 »

eskimo wrote:I graduated from Airborne school yesterday. I have never been more proud of myself then after Sergeant Airborne stuck my jump wings into my chest. It was a good day. The only thing that could top it is my graduation from RIP. Moving to the RIP hold barracks on Monday, I think. We were told there is a chance we will be held at the Airborne barracks till after the holidays but it is unlikely.

While I am looking forward to exodus and seeing my family after 5 months, I would much rather stay in the training "zone". Staying focused on my goal will take discipline. Still I think the break will be good from me.

Mortar Maggot
Congrats Airborne Maggot.

Make sure you stay focused on your final OBJ.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: one more thing

Post by cams »

eskimo wrote:One more thing. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is the best idea man has ever come up with.

Come back and tell us that after having a few malfunctions, I.E. Cig rolls, landing on top of someone else's chute at 0:dark thirty during a mass tac and having your canopy collapse around you like a fucking giant jellyfish because you have no air. :shock: :lol:

Congratulations Airborne!! Keep the spirit and go forth.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

cams wrote:
eskimo wrote:One more thing. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is the best idea man has ever come up with.

Come back and tell us that after having a few malfunctions, I.E. Cig rolls, landing on top of someone else's chute at 0:dark thirty during a mass tac and having your canopy collapse around you like a fucking giant jellyfish because you have no air. :shock: :lol:

Bingo........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, 5 jump chump!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
cpaulsen20
Ranger

Post by cpaulsen20 »

Ranger Luna wrote:
cams wrote:

Bingo........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, 5 jump chump!!!!
Congratulations on getting your wings. Good job.

Return to “Introduction Archive”