BAND OF BROTHERS

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

MARINEvet
USMC Veteran

BAND OF BROTHERS

Post by MARINEvet »

I just finished watching the Band of Brothers series that ran on the History channel this week. If you haven't seen this,rent the series. It has a lot of great lessons that we can all appreciate from the WWII generation.
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

I missed episodes two and three, so I decided to just go out and buy the box set. The History Ch. is offering 20% off there price of $114.98. :roll:

I got it for $67 at Sam's Club.

Me and my roommate sat and watched 8 hours of it last night. I am reading the book now as well. Awesome story and very well written and directed.

The DVD Set also has a "Special" CD with interviews with the men of Easy. No narration or interruptions, just the men talking. I've watched that twice already.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

MarineVet,

Agreed. The wife bought me the DVDs and book(which I also will recommend) for Christmas.

Hint-Hint =>They make great gifts for Vets.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
MARINEvet
USMC Veteran

Post by MARINEvet »

In some ways it seems like some of the personal weapons used by the soldiers in WWII are more powerfull than our current personal weapons. For instance the M1 garand shot a high power 30-06 cartridge, the .45 pistol, and how about the often shown use of the .45 caliber thompson sub-machine gun at close quarters!
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

MARINEvet wrote:In some ways it seems like some of the personal weapons used by the soldiers in WWII are more powerfull than our current personal weapons. For instance the M1 garand shot a high power 30-06 cartridge, the .45 pistol, and how about the often shown use of the .45 caliber thompson sub-machine gun at close quarters!
The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) was the shit also.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Im glad you all enjoyed the movie.If you enjoyed it do a search on "506th"or Currahee and you will find some great websites.There are some very good sites about the 506th in Vietnam and another that encompasses all of the members of the 506th no matter what era.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
CAKEEATER

Post by CAKEEATER »

I havent seen the series yet but the book was very good.
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

Yep, a great book and series.

I'm planning a trip with my son's next year. http://www.visitnortheastgeorgia.com/ca ... g_tour.htm
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Before Katrina hit my ole lady and I went to the D-Day museum in New Orleans and it had a few referances to the guys from Band of Brothers. Now that museum was the shit
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
red_arrow_infantry

good film

Post by red_arrow_infantry »

Band of Brothers could be one of the best storys ever told I've watched about 10 times and it never gets old HOOAH
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: good film

Post by Earthpig »

red_arrow_infantry wrote:Band of Brothers could be one of the best storys ever told I've watched about 10 times and it never gets old HOOAH
Tic...toc..tic...toc
I've upgraded your title and sig line to reflect your lack of knowledge. We need to see an intro post haste.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
CAKEEATER

Post by CAKEEATER »

Is Maj.Dick Winters still arround?
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

He is still alive and kicking.

They recently published some other books about the 506th and MAJ Winters, I think one of them was called "Biggest Brother".
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

CatFish Driver wrote:He is still alive and kicking.

They recently published some other books about the 506th and MAJ Winters, I think one of them was called "Biggest Brother".
I thought he died recently.

Heard a story that his former Joe's were trying to get his DSC upgraded to the Medal of Honor.

Not sure if that's true, or how far it got, though.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “The Mosh Pit”