Moving to Australia!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

wellfed
Ranger

Moving to Australia!

Post by wellfed »

After watching this video, I just realized where my Alternate PB is! Beccy Cole is really easy on the eyes and a great voice. BTW a Digger is an Australian Soldier and it's nice to see her support them with this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ6aqgvdFI
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Good song! And if anyone says I'm a FOG you're right! 8)
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

8) 8) 8) 8)
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

No offense but I doubt you qualify to immigrate, I was looking up immigration requirements for other countries and all of the one that would be close in standard of living of the US have very strict immigration requirements and enforce them.

also Australia is a very anti gun country
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Lost_Jock
Tadpole

Post by Lost_Jock »

Horned Toad wrote:No offense but I doubt you qualify to immigrate, I was looking up immigration requirements for other countries and all of the one that would be close in standard of living of the US have very strict immigration requirements and enforce them.

You never know......

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/default.asp?p=1051
And when I had opened the fourth beer, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her that sat on him was the wife, and Hell followed with her......
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

And When President and Dictator for Life Hillary takes office we will all die as free men to retain our right under the Constituion.
Remember your oath" I swear that I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic!!! We fight not for the country or the President but for the Constitution. Read it! Your "elected officials" have not!

Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)
Mr_Handsome
Ranger

Post by Mr_Handsome »

The US has the Dixie Chicks and Austrailia has Beccy Cole :roll:
B Co 3/75
1996-1998
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Poster Girl is a song with good lyrics. :D
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Horned Toad wrote:No offense but I doubt you qualify to immigrate, I was looking up immigration requirements for other countries and all of the one that would be close in standard of living of the US have very strict immigration requirements and enforce them.

Or just marry into it like I did. Easy ride!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I sent "poster girl" to my first cousin down under in Melborne, he sent me this.
Phew! Hi Chris. Well it doesn’t happen very often but this item brought me to tears. The public information that we get here in Oz about our diggers in Iraq is very guarded. Our perception is that a small number of troops often work in covert operations sometimes under heavy fire. Typically the Australian soldier seems to always be in the background doing his job often without the accolades and media hype that goes with most of the world’s press reports. We Australians have a track record of this type of self effacement. It was Australian troops who stopped the Japanese advance in the Pacific in New Guinea on the famous Kokoda Trail.

Anyhow, I don’t know how you find these things but I am very grateful for this reminder of pride in being Australian…..small nation, big heart and lots of guts. Thanks again.

Best wishes

Jim
I told him that I found it here.
C
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Roach66
Inprocessing

Post by Roach66 »

New Zealand. You will be cheating yourself if you don't visit NZ at least once.

South Island is like Colorado with a beach all the way around it.

North Island is temperate to tropical, a south pacific paradise full of outdoorsy, fit, educated white women...who outnumber the men.

You can own guns...there is a sporting goods shop with a few Bushmaster AR & M4 clones on the wall in Dargaville. Pistols are tricky...and after 9/11 pulling a "Johnny Cash" ain't the fun it used be.

After getting to NZ, someone with a bit of finesse who really wants to stay can make a way.
RLTW
9-87, No Slack Sierra
Lost_Jock
Tadpole

Post by Lost_Jock »

Roach66 wrote:
New Zealand. You will be cheating yourself if you don't visit NZ at least once.

South Island is like Colorado with a beach all the way around it.

North Island is temperate to tropical, a south pacific paradise full of outdoorsy, fit, educated white women...who outnumber the men.

You can own guns...there is a sporting goods shop with a few Bushmaster AR & M4 clones on the wall in Dargaville. Pistols are tricky...and after 9/11 pulling a "Johnny Cash" ain't the fun it used be.

After getting to NZ, someone with a bit of finesse who really wants to stay can make a way.
...and their army is hiring people too:

http://www.army.mil.nz/careers/overseas ... efault.htm
And when I had opened the fourth beer, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her that sat on him was the wife, and Hell followed with her......

Return to “The Mosh Pit”