First Person Shooter games

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Leatherneck wrote: But I remember thinking then that it would be a neat idea to get a "clan" together of ex-military. There is some free-ware called team-speak that helps with the commo, and works well.
OK, I admit it. I'm an FPS junky. I'm currently working my way through Delta Force. I have never played on the internet, though. If you can get a few more guys together, and want to get a team up, I'm game.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

I played a demo for Delta Force, the level was the one where you start out in a helicopter and your shooting people from it and then you enter a building. It was pretty fun but it ran too slow on my computer.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I play Leisure Suit Larry and Duke Nukem.
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

I only have Delta Force 2 right now since my computer is only able to handle that game, no cureent ones. I dont have any video games either, wish icould get Medal Of Honor, especially the first pack with the d-day airborne assualt, I wonder who took the computer animaztion first for that, Band OF Brothers, or Medal Of Honor, whic h Iwatched the 1st and 2nd part of, and seeing those aircraft getting blown up reminded me of Medal Of Honor. But Delta Force 2 is pretty good I suppose, Splinter Cell and a few others seem better.
Son of Ranger Byrd (Sgt 1st Class) (B co. 3rd Ranger Batt. '84 -'87 or so)
R.L.T.W.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

If any of you that play Americas Army are down to meet up with me and smoke some terrorists :D , PM me.
Bell

Post by Bell »

This thread is funny as hell. And hell yeah I play. BHD, Raven Shield, UT-2003, Tron and a few others. Play online all the time. Ran into an old 1st Battalion guy while playing BHD. I asked him what qualified him to wear a name like "old ranger". He said he was with the 1st Battalion. One thing and another I find out we were on the same listserver. hahahha. Small world sometimes.

RLTW
Bell
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Thats funny to know that there are Rangers who play BHD but yet on the site BHD93.com, the people on there hated the idea of having a game that delt with the stuff, feeling it dishonored the men who were there or who fought...I duont know though.
R.L.T.W.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

There are those of us Rangers who look up to those who were there, respect them for what they went through and appreciate their contribution to Ranger history. We trained to go to combat and they did. Not to trivialize what they did, but every Ranger who goes through the training and serves in a Ranger line unit for years is prepared to go to war at anytime. It's a timing thing. Being that they lost good friends - it is personal and I totally understand their point of view as you've claimed they expressed it. All the same, a game is a game and should not be construed as the 'reality' experienced by others. There are probably veterans of other conflicts that feel the same way the B Co 3/75 Mogadishu veterans do about theirs. That's not enough to stop a company from making such a game and not enough to stop others from buying and playing it.

Hopefully the game and it's players are respectful of the events, remember the men who did not return and their family and friends, as opposed to the on-screen glorification of violence and action, which is a hallmark of any good FPS game.

All the same, it's a good thing that the company who made the BHD game contributes proceeds to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and I'd much rather see a company make a game and contributions like this, as opposed to a company who would produce such a game and not make any contributions back to the community.
Swamp_Fox
Embryo

Post by Swamp_Fox »

Exactly. It's good that Novalogic takes all their revenue for the game and donates it to the foundation. I read an article some where about the game and it was saying of how the names on the games were all ficticous(SP) and involves different missions then just BHD itself. To each his own.

And on a side note just for the hell of it, I went to see BHD with Al Lamb(for those who don't know him, he was up for the Medal Of Honor for actions during the battle, but instead recieved the Silver Star I believe), he said it was really good movie, but of course the battle was far worse then was depicted on the screen.
R.L.T.W.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Swamp_Fox wrote:Exactly. It's good that Novalogic takes all their revenue for the game and donates it to the foundation.
Well, I doubt they contribute ALL their revenue to the foundation, but some is better than none.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I actually know the Novalogic International spokesperson for BHD. Ironically he was in Mog. Won a purple heart, and a Bronze Star w/V-device. Good guy, lifelong friend. He said it made him feel sick to do the "lecture circuit" at colleges, etc., but it paid out the ass.
He was also the armorer/ technical advisor/ stuntman/ for the movie. The scene where 'Grimes' is being blown through the air by the RPG ( in all of the previews) is him. Also, my mentor and good friend (still in 3/75) got to take his PLT over to Morocco to shoot all of the fastrope sequences, etc. He brought back some really cool pics, about 300 of them. He had some very interesting tales and take on the whole movie project itself.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”