Getting into RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Mika
US Army Reservist

Getting into RIP

Post by Mika »

My name is Pvt. Chris im a 13F as of last friday, currently airborne holdover in ft sill. i used to post here before i shipped for AIT.

What im worried about is my gt score (95). When i changed branches from the Reserves to RA to get my 11x op 40, I couldnt change shit because im a split op, i was apparently hooked up with airborne. But i hear that once your in the army, you can get a waiver. Another factor that worries me is my HRAP and leave that I got might mess things up. After reading a few posts i discovered that HRAP after RIP is not such a good idea after all. Theres my second question, do I take it before or after RIP? I really dont give a shit about going home, a little partying would be nice, but Id just like some time to go mountain climbing and do some exercising with all the sleep and food i want to get my ass ready.

Thanks a lot Rangers, there's nothing I want more than to earn the title and to be part of the 75th.

EDITED FOR PERSEC BY SB.
cdwdirect
Ranger

Post by cdwdirect »

At Airborne, once you've been there for a few days, go to the Patches building and ask to speak to the Ranger Liason about going to RIP. If they are closed, talk to your Sergeant Airborne the next day and ask for permission to go - in case they have to send you off early to make it. You have a couple weeks to get this done, but don't wait until Jump Week, you'll be too busy.

The Liason will give you a form to sign that changes your orders and sends you down the road to the 75th. I think the only eligibility requirements are successful completion of BAC, US Citizenship, and Active Duty. We take your MOS. If you fail Airborne, you're not going to RIP.

Once you get in, DO NOT FUCKING QUIT.
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Don't have any outstanding debt either...

Our new guy is about out the fucking door...so you're welcome to come down and give it a go.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Mika
US Army Reservist

Post by Mika »

After hearing a different story from about 5 different people including my first sergeant im relieved to finally hear it from you guys. From what I hear BAC is too easy. As far as everything else it looks like im good to go. I just gotta suck it up for one more week as a holdover, more time for PT. Thanks a lot for your help, in just a few weeks Im finally going to do something Ive been waiting a long time for, cant wait to be part of the 75th.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Mika wrote: Ive been waiting a long time for, cant wait to be part of the 75th.
Might want to slow down a little bit and do as you were told here. Once you have spoken to the liason, he approves your 4187, then you make it through BAC and then you have what it takes to make it through RIP....then you can worry about being part of the 75th.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The funny thing about the 75th, is that it is actually easier to get there, than it is to stay. Getting there is not cake either.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Mika
US Army Reservist

Post by Mika »

Well in this case, im sure all you Rangers have heard plenty of kids like me talk like Cpt America telling you how theyre going to be rambo, so I guess at this point Im going to say thank you for your help and that I appreciate a reality check (reminding me to get in and to stay in the 75th takes beyond what the average man can handle) rather than a "you'll be fine", thats not what I came to this forum for. I wouldnt be attracted to the 75th if the average man could handle it. Nobody would.

Another question- about HRAP. Ive asked around, but Id rather hear it from you guys. I got it through my AIT battery, and according to them its final. Showing off to my stoner buddies and partying sounds great and all but then I got kinda worried after reading the topic about showing up alone to the 75th as a cherry, but having it before RIP ill be sleeping in everyday getting a bit lazy. Will changing my orders to go to RIP push it afterwards or beforehand? It really matters. Thanks a lot.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Look, do you want to be a hard charging, door kicking, airfield seizure conducting Ranger or are you worried about your hometown recruiting non-sense?

Get your head out of your ass, tell your recruiter to pack sand and take a minute to figure out how bad you really want to be a Ranger or whether you would rather go impress 15 year olds and your recruiter :!:
Mika
US Army Reservist

Post by Mika »

Well, the question is when will I have it, because I already do have it in my orders, so its gonna happen either after RIP or after airborne. If it happens after RIP, that means its going to fuck with the schedule of training, and block leave before deployments, basically im going to look like an asshole. If it happens after airborne, which im hoping for, it should cut into time being a holdover. I wont even have a home to go to, ill be staying at a buddy's house, no bitch waiting on me, I really got nothing to be homesick about, and now that im so damn focused on becomming a Ranger, I can really care less if i go to my hometown or not, I only asked for it a couple months back so my girl at the time wouldnt think shes going to have to wait as long till she can move in with me, thats it. Now everyone simply fill in the blanks with "Jody" and "dumbass".
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Mika wrote:Well, the question is when will I have it, because I already do have it in my orders, so its gonna happen either after RIP or after airborne. If it happens after RIP, that means its going to fuck with the schedule of training, and block leave before deployments, basically im going to look like an asshole. If it happens after airborne, which im hoping for, it should cut into time being a holdover. I wont even have a home to go to, ill be staying at a buddy's house, no bitch waiting on me, I really got nothing to be homesick about, and now that im so damn focused on becomming a Ranger, I can really care less if i go to my hometown or not, I only asked for it a couple months back so my girl at the time wouldnt think shes going to have to wait as long till she can move in with me, thats it. Now everyone simply fill in the blanks with "Jody" and "dumbass".
When shit can't be changed and things are no longer in your control: FIDO!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I was supposed to have HRAP coming out of Basic as well. But those were my original orders. If you differ from your first set of cut orders that included orders for HRAP I would imagine you will end up like me without it. If you really want to do HRAP bad enough... get through it all, get to your unit.. and when your first bit of block leave comes up coordinate with your recruiting station to use that leave time as HRAP... that way it saves you being charged leave. I wouldn't think it would be worth it though.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Mika wrote:... I guess at this point Im going to say thank you for your help and that I appreciate a reality check (reminding me to get in and to stay in the 75th takes beyond what the average man can handle)...

Mika, I am happy to learn that at this point you'll guess at saying thank you for the great adivce the Rangers have given you. Please understand that the odds of getting to Regiment and staying for more than six months takes much more than a better than average man. If you make it that far, you will have seen many exceptional men not make it. Best of luck to you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “About RASP”