Moderator: Site Admin

SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

:D
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

We can use all the adult input we can get. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ranger Luna wrote: If I ever come to your house, Ill share the room with the mutts. I like dogs better than people. 8) All three of my dogs are family.
Fact is, Luna has been in and out of relationships with dogs his whole life. He moved to Donkies but found they don't house train well. And when he says he has "breeders"...run....run very fast.

Welcome Sunshine. Good intro....glad to have you. Your value to the Ranger equation is no less than any of our accomplishments. (Or lack therof in some cases) Makes me proud the boy married well as some of us did and it stuck like super glue. Had the same one for 28 years now and she has been through it. I would suspect you have as well.

Thanks for coming here...your my new hero.

OH, so bow down while I say a bit to GRITS for ya.

O;GRITS, god of war and all that makes any damned sense. Bless this woman who gave up sanity to be with a warrior. Give her the patience to understand his cranky ass, the ability to make sammiches to cool the beast within, and the backbone to stand with him forever. AmenNow, go forth and make thy Ranger smile. :wink:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome Ma'am!!

My Sister lives in Bradenton. Her husband was a Ranger in Vietnam the same time I was. He had a massive stroke at about 48 and died of cancer about 4 or 5 years ago.

Don't get out there very often, but next time we do, I will sure take you up on your offer.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome aboard ma'am! Sounds like a good woman Oto!

If you haven't been around a group of Rangers yet, block your ears and prepare for the......best. :lol: I know I myself should probably seek professional help, but that's what yard sales are for. 8)

Years ago, I was a Sword Bearer at Sgt. Alphabet's wedding, the lovely bride and the ugly groom had to walk thru "The Gauntlet", several Rangers in Class A's on each side, holding raised and crossed swords, the last guy in the formation (nickname) "Zipper", after they passed him, lowered his sword and smacked the bride (gently) across her hindside, and proclaimed, "Welcome to the Regiment ma'am!" at which point her eyes bugged open in shock :shock: and everybody started cheering and clapping!! (Of course this was all set up by Sgt. A prior to and he got a good laugh out of it so, welcome again, and take care of that Ranger.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Welcome here Ranger wife! :D
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
otosqueeze
Ranger Wife

Post by otosqueeze »

:D Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome welcome Rangers and new friends. I was a bit nervous and you've all made me feel quite at home.

I'm looking forward to visiting with you often on the site. And as you've asked, I promise to take very good care of Ranger Otoman.

Thank you all again.
Life is good 'cause my Ranger is Bad...in a good sort of way.;)
otosqueeze
Ranger Wife

Post by otosqueeze »

Old Grunt wrote:Not a Ranger, just an old grunt, but welcome nonetheless.
Compared to you, my accomplishments are dull and unimportant.

Never think that, dear lady. In the dark places we at least had the company of our brothers, but the wives and the mothers could only sit and wait, never knowing if the next knock on the door would be from an officer and a chaplain.

The samurai had a saying:
"Death is but a feather, duty weighs more than a mountain."

Everyone eventually faces death, it takes no special courage. That cannot be said about life; the simple fact that you carried on in the face of such quiet adversity is a special kind of courage in itself. In the final reckoning that may very well be a higher form of bravery than mere fortitude on the field of battle.

You did your duty, who can ask for more?

It is for people like you that we go to those dark places.
Thank you and your husband for your service.
Thank you Grunt. I am touched and humbled by your kind words. I am strong now as my Ranger is beside me and I can sleep well at night. My heart goes out to our brave military wives and mothers who are sitting and waiting at this moment. It is my heartfelt wish to stand by their sides, be their companion and offer words of encouragement while praying they never receive that knock on the door. That is my duty and honor.

Thank you for your service and for protecting my Country.
otosqueeze
Ranger Wife

Post by otosqueeze »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Oto-Man wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:Welcome Ma'am!!!! Are you guys looking to adopt? Im in the adopt a Ranger program. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im 38, but a child at heart.
Sorry stud...we only have 3 bedrooms... The HH6 and I have the Master, the dogs share the guest room, and the 3rd serves as the Command/Operations Center.

But Ya'll can visit anytime...(we can put the dogs on the porch for a night or two :wink: ).
If I ever come to your house, Ill share the room with the mutts. I like dogs better than people. 8) All three of my dogs are family.
Ranger Luna-

:lol: Adopt a Ranger program? That might just be a bit much. Have you ever known anyone to get a word in around two Rangers? Trust me, I've tried and it "ain't happenen". You both be partying and carrying on in "off duty" Ranger style, you'd probably both end up single. :lol: :lol: :wink: But truly, you are always welcome. The beers on me. But just a warning, our 100 lb. Yellow Lab "Liberty" snores. :lol: :lol:
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: HH6 Reporting as per SOP

Post by AbnRgr289 »

otosqueeze wrote:The kids are grown and we have just built our first home together.
Holly shit I feel old! :shock:

My Kids aren't even out of grad school yet.

Oto-Man was in 2nd Bn when I was in 3rd! Where in the hell has time gone?

Welcome Ma'am.

My other half is running around here somewhere and should be by shortly.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
otosqueeze
Ranger Wife

Post by otosqueeze »

Abell9 wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote: If I ever come to your house, Ill share the room with the mutts. I like dogs better than people. 8) All three of my dogs are family.
Fact is, Luna has been in and out of relationships with dogs his whole life. He moved to Donkies but found they don't house train well. And when he says he has "breeders"...run....run very fast.

Welcome Sunshine. Good intro....glad to have you. Your value to the Ranger equation is no less than any of our accomplishments. (Or lack therof in some cases) Makes me proud the boy married well as some of us did and it stuck like super glue. Had the same one for 28 years now and she has been through it. I would suspect you have as well.

Thanks for coming here...your my new hero.

OH, so bow down while I say a bit to GRITS for ya.

O;GRITS, god of war and all that makes any damned sense. Bless this woman who gave up sanity to be with a warrior. Give her the patience to understand his cranky ass, the ability to make sammiches to cool the beast within, and the backbone to stand with him forever. AmenNow, go forth and make thy Ranger smile. :wink:
"Amen" Ranger Abell9, My regards to the "Mrs." I thank you for the the prayer, kind words and good advice. I am sure most Ranger Wives have "been through it" to some extent. I may have a few "battle scars" :wink: but I am stronger and better for it. My Ranger has opened my eyes, removed all my fears, and makes me laugh. I don't have to dream anymore, I am living my dreams. Sappy, huh?

That being said... I did give up my sanity, I do require the patience of a Saint, I have learned to make outstanding sammiches and can crack and serve a beer in a single bound and...

you may just be my new "hero". :)
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome here Ma'am...
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

otosqueeze

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME Ma'am
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4