Good Pack?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Rabbity

Post by Rabbity »

I'm no Ranger, but a few years under the belt has always left me with..

Good boots shalt not fail you.

Oh yea..and during Basic you'll have a frame.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Good Pack?

Post by cams »

Desert Sloth wrote:
MV wrote:My friends and i go on FTX's and things off that matter and i was wondering what would be a good type of pack to wear. I currently own an ALICE pack except it doesnt have a frame to it (the one i train with sometimes at the recruiting station does have a frame and it feels much better than mine) and i was wondering if any of you Rangers could give me some good advice on what to wear and also does it matter if it has a back frame or not? Do you use frames in Basic, Airborne, or Ranger School? Thanks for the help.

Listen up high speed. Do you want to injure yourself prior to going in or what? Use a basic run of the mill friggen civilian backpack. PT your ass off, Basic Training and if you intend on going to RIP, you will learn how ruck there.

If you go off trying to ruck like us, you are only opening yourself up for problems that may not arise until you get to Basic, and then your fucked.

Stop trying so hard, stay in shape, worry about your runs, pushups and situps. Stop worrying about gay shit like packs to train with and what not. Getting some time on your feet with ANY PACK will suffice.

Now go knock out some pushups paddiwan.
Good words of advice.

Lay off the Airsoft too. It won't help. :twisted: 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Personal Gear”