Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Sixxr wrote:Exactly what I was thinking Ranger Luna
Back up Sixxr.

It just my be that Ranger Luna and I have served in the same AO during the same time frame, and have endured some of the same shit. He has earned the right and has my permission to pick with me in a descent manner........."You on the other hand, haven't and don't!"
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Back up Sixxr.

It just my be that Ranger Luna and I have served in the same AO during the same time frame, and have endured some of the same shit. He has earned the right and has my permission to pick with me in a descent manner........."You on the other hand, haven't and don't!"
Ranger Abnrnger289, I did not mean to make that statement in jest, it was more of a statement to show my confusion, as I said I am still tryin to figure out how to reply properly to everyone here on this board.
If your not confused then your not paying attention.

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
-George Orwell
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Sixxr wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
Back up Sixxr.

Ranger Abnrnger289, I did not mean to make that statement in jest, it was more of a statement to show my confusion, as I said I am still tryin to figure out how to reply properly to everyone here on this board.
A good way to do that is to post less and read more.

It will help you make a more somewhat educated decision on what you want to do with your future.

There is no need to respond any further.

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Sixxr,

First, if you post a photo of that beret on here and it is sitting on the head of a Dilbert doll, you will find you time here incredibly short lived... I am sincerely rather stunned that you have so underestimated you Pop's hard work, service and sacrifice-certainly stunned that were would presume to put the beret he earned on a doll. My very first piece of advice to you would be to really think for just a moment before you post some of the things you are posting.

Now moving on, after reading your thread I must say that normally I wouldn't have given you the time of day as I am incredibly busy and you seem to be more interested in posting than you are learning. But a Brother of mine certainly see's something in you and has asked me to take a few minutes to speak with you-I do very much respect him and his service, certainly your Pop's being a Brother ROMAD, I respect his service and here I am.

Here's what I would ask of you and in return I will even show you that you'll get something right back. (I sincerely never do this... I am quite frankly normally very short tempered and ill spirited in this section.):

1. Go talk to your Pop's about his time in service. Ask him exactly what he did. When and where. Have him tell you why it was important and at the same time, have him explain to you why each and every job is important. If he was in prior to 92 and then post 99 ask him to explain to you why it's important to have service members doing the support jobs and what's happened to everything from military benefits all the way to costs for the military since the cutbacks.

2. Spend at least a day reading the FAQ's, Instructions, rules and procedures on the site. Learn how to address people properly, learn how to show respect and decorum on the site. This can be done by both observation, reading others posts, the rules and by listening to the other DEP's who I am sure have been burning your computer up with PM's by now. Once this is done take some time and read a history about the TACP's, the history of the Ranger Regiment and certainly begin learning about the sacrifice and dedication that your predicessors have laid down for you to come into such a wondrous Brotherhood.

In return, once all of this is completed, you will be allowed to read and be exposed to those who have served in the jungles of Vietnam, setting the example we have all tried so hard to live up, those who have served on Island's, in Central America, Africa, Europe and in SW Asia, never wincing and always setting a higher and higher standard of excellence. Exposure that has led to an amazing graduation rate, exposure that has assisted in preparing DEP's for not only success but excellence and finally exposure that will assist you from sticking you head so far up your ass.

Being the son of one of the finest in the world, I am very confident that you have the ability to go forth and do great things. Never underestimate those around you. Never forget that many have served and sacrificed before you were even thought about and never forget that you have a long, long way to go before you have even earned the right to consider associating yourself with them.

Good Luck.
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

Sir, thank you for your reply. Actually when I was posting about the research I admit I did most hastely, my father walked in from work. We had a long disscussion about what he actually did in the military, since alot of it I did not know and my father never really got around to telling myself and my brother about it. He said that his team used TRONS, being that I am not military I tried to have him explain to me the concept of TRONS but it was somewhat confusing. All in all I gained alot out of our conversation and learned that my father had alot more to him than I thought. Also, I did not put the beret on a dilbert doll, my father keeps it on a candy jar shaped like a dilbert head. He keeps it there to remind him of his past and of what he does now(CIO at a company here in Denver). He loves dilbert comics because there funny as shit to him because he has to deal with stuff like that everyday. I would never underestimate my father he is the very reason I want to join and the person that keeps me motivated whenever I needed it.

As to when and where(some of this may be out of order I'm posting this before I hit the sack), he joined the AF in 1977, became a munitions expert, hauled bombs around in Alaska for awhile, was a gunner on a B-52, he served in Operation Desert Storm as a gunner. Was an instructor for a school(cant remember the name) the rest he still say he cant tell me. I believe him because the last time we went to base with him before he retired we went through a few VERY large doors to get to his office and really couldn't look at anything. I know he did alot in electronics warfare. Worked for space com, was part of STO, SAC, and a few other groups. I do remember that he did have a green beret way back in the early 90's but we lost it in a move. he retired in 98 at the rank of SMSGT.

From now on I will stay back and read, so you shouldn't see too many posts from me for awhile, there is alot of information on this site and I'm still tryin to get through all the FAQ's. I thank all of you for your guidance and help.

-Sixxr

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
-George Orwell
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! You will get some great advise here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by AbnRgr289 »

AbnRgr289 wrote: Maybe our resident TACP will get a chance to stop by and slap you, that will help you realize that TACP's may be very few but their job is of great significance. (meaning that everyone has a job in the military, and every job counts!)
And I see he gave you some very good advice in his post.

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

A green beret? He hauled bombs? He was a gunner?

Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

The green beret he bought for me and my bro, just found that out... but yes he hauled bombs in alaska and was a gunner in a B-52, like I said I don't know much about his history and all I can do is guess, he won't tell me much about anything....

-George Orwell
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

:D

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Sixxr wrote:The green beret he bought for me and my bro, just found that out... but yes he hauled bombs in alaska and was a gunner in a B-52, like I said I don't know much about his history and all I can do is guess, he won't tell me much about anything....

Very nice post VAK. If this kid had payed attention he would've sat back, read, and read some more, then tried to pick your brain a little, as well as talking to his OWN father.

It's time for someone to just tell this kid to shut up and read, wait, I'm sorry, several people already have.

It's clear that he can't heed the fatherly advice, so maybe the big brother advice will work. Shut the fuck up and do not post anymore!! DEPS!!
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

cams wrote:
Sixxr wrote:The green beret he bought for me and my bro, just found that out... but yes he hauled bombs in alaska and was a gunner in a B-52, like I said I don't know much about his history and all I can do is guess, he won't tell me much about anything....

Very nice post VAK. If this kid had payed attention he would've sat back, read, and read some more, then tried to pick your brain a little, as well as talking to his OWN father.

It's time for someone to just tell this kid to shut up and read, wait, I'm sorry, several people already have.

It's clear that he can't heed the fatherly advice, so maybe the big brother advice will work. Shut the fuck up and do not post anymore!! DEPS!!
He can't heed any fucking advice.

He tried hitting Rabbity and myself up for info that's available in a fucking sticky, after lying to both of us that he searched for it.

Fucking kids today.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Different bunch. I have nothing for them at all.....

EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Ranger Evil Couch, I didn't hit up rabbity about it, him and I were talkin for awhile and I brought it up, he couldn't answer my question, so he sent me to you. The reason that I asked you after I searched for all I could on asthma was because I never got the answer to the question I was asking. If you think I was lying I apologize, but I did not. I do not make a habbit of lying to people Ranger Evil Couch.

Sixxr
Really?
Conversation with silverformie at 2006-08-23 09:11:41 on The Evil Couch (aim)
(09:11:41) SilverFormie: Hello, are you there?
(09:13:16) The Evil Couch: Who is this?
(09:13:34) SilverFormie: Sir, this is Sixxr, from ArmyRanger.com
(09:14:41) SilverFormie: Rabbity sent me to you because I had a medical question about recruitment.
(09:15:06) The Evil Couch: I'm not a medic
(09:15:24) The Evil Couch: You've looked around in the recruitment forum?
(09:15:30) SilverFormie: Yes sir
(09:16:33) SilverFormie: Sir,I wouldn't waste your time if I had already found an answer.

(09:16:35) The Evil Couch: Stop sir'ing me.
(09:16:44) SilverFormie: sorry
(09:16:47) The Evil Couch: What's your question?
(09:18:47) The Evil Couch: What's your question?
(09:20:07) SilverFormie: I've had asthma, since I was 10, and about a year ago I grew out of it, for the past year I haven't had any issues with it and haven't had to take any of my meds. I was wondering when I enlist, will my past with asthma make me an imidiate no go, or will they test me to see if I still have it, I have never been hospitalized. But also if it doesn't affect me should I just lie about it?
(09:22:46) The Evil Couch: I thought you said you searched for an answer
(09:22:53) The Evil Couch: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2356

(09:23:47) The Evil Couch: Section 2-23. Lungs, chest wall, pleura, and mediastinum
The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction are:

d. Asthma (ICD-9 code 493), including reactive airway disease, exercise induced bronchospasm or asthmatic bronchitis, reliably diagnosed at any age. Reliable diagnostic criteria should consist of any of the following elements:
(1) Substantiated history of cough, wheeze, and/or dyspnea thatpersists or recurs over a prolonged period of time, generally more than6 months.
(2) If the diagnosis of asthma is in doubt, a test for reversibleairflow obstruction (greater than a 15 percent increase in forcedexpiratory volume in 1 second (FEVI) following administration of aninhaled bronchodilator) or airway hyperactivity (exaggerated decreasein airflow induced by standard bronchoprovocation challenge such asmethacholine inhalation or a demonstration of exercise-inducedbronchospasm) must be performed.

There are waiver criteria available, MEPS should be able to answerthose questions. AR 40-501 is available if you wish to have the fulldocument
(09:23:47) SilverFormie: Unable to send message: Not logged in
(09:23:57) SilverFormie: User information not available: Not logged in
So, you asked Veteran Rabbity, but you didn't hit him up, and you searched for information on asthma, but didn't find a stickied post?

You're either full of shit or a complete fucking meat-head. I get the feeling that you're a fucking meat-head.

You ever make it into an infantry unit, you're going to be one strong soldier.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “Introduction Archive”