Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Shadow
US Army

Post by Shadow »

Ranger Scuba Wino wrote:Cadet Shadow, you stated that your goal is to earn the coveted Ranger Tab. How many Ranger Challenges have you or your team competed in to date through the ROTC Ranger Challenge?

Looks like a long and grueling day. You better bring home the next streamer for the guidon.....
Ranger Scuba Wino, the upcoming competition will be my first. The event is held every October and last year I believe our team placed first in the FLRC event and in the top three for the rope bridge event.

We began training in April and start again next month. When we resume training we will train five mornings a week until the day of the competition.

I am excited about it and will give 110%, and then some, on the day of the competition. I am aware that it is basically insignificant to what lies ahead, but if it can help me prepare for Ranger School, and the other challenges I will face during my career, then it is worth doing.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Welcome fellow Cadet. PM sent.
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Shadow, looks like you have found yourself a home. A couple comments (purely personal):

-- Only one student was commissioned Infantry last year?

-- I worked for GEN Tilelli when he was the ODCSOPS (G-3). I know he was very proud of his graduating from Penn Military. Of course he was Armor (commanded the 11th ACR).
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Shadow
US Army

Post by Shadow »

Ranger Jim wrote:Well, Shadow, looks like you have found yourself a home. A couple comments (purely personal):

-- Only one student was commissioned Infantry last year?

-- I worked for GEN Tilelli when he was the ODCSOPS (G-3). I know he was very proud of his graduating from Penn Military. Of course he was Armor (commanded the 11th ACR).
Ranger Jim, yes, only one student was commissioned Infantry last year. He is prior-enlistment and was already 11Bravo before coming to the program. Our SMI wanted more students to branch Infantry, but the bulk of them decided on nursing... beats me.

I have not had the honor of meeting GEN Tilelli, but he his held in high regard here.

Returning to my corner now.

Return to “Introduction Archive”