Any Riders here?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

A few pics from Little Sturgis.....

Sorry the pic quality ain't that good, you gotta remember a bunch of drunken bike riders took em... :lol:
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Went out for a group ride on Sunday with some of my riding buds from Central Cal. Anyway... did HWY 25, South to 198... over to Ft. HL, then over to Nacemiento / Ferguson road... coming down the back side of the mountain was amazing!

All in all, we did almost 375 miles, at an insane pace... very awesome ride.

Here's a view of me on my GSXR, coming down the hill... not a bad scene, huh? :wink:

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Phulano
Tadpole

I have an 02 deuce and a shovelhead that i built

Post by Phulano »

The 02 is my daily rider at the moment. Working out a few details on the shovelhead right now, but I built her from the ground up from a pile of junk engine parts. Took about 6 months and a few dollars, but I built a pretty sick rigid frame bobber. 2 in the backbone, 34deg rake, 3+ springer, 18 inch apes with internal throttle and reverse twist grip brake setup with remote master cyln so all the cables run through the bars and there is no unsightly junk! Its kick only so no starter button, no turn signals, no any of that shit. .. also running a morris M5 magneto so no battery.

lotta other stuff. I'll post some pics when I take some new ones.

remember - it aint a chopper if you didnt chop it!
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Here's mine. '02 H-D XL 1200C. Nice leave pic, huh?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ok, shameless plug...

A very good friend of mine owns a shop here in California. His name is James Campbell... He is former Army, then joined the Air Force as a Pilot. He flew MH-53 Pave Low's...

Now, he owns Blackhawk Customs.

www.blackhawkcustoms.com

He is a custom "chopper" builder, and has done some pretty good stuff. He gives 15% discount to any military member... check out his site. If you ever need to order anyting... give him a shout. He even uses the STAR card for shit...

Ok, end of shameless plug.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

42L5V wrote:Here's mine. '02 H-D XL 1200C. Nice leave pic, huh?
That's a nice Sporty (isn't the XL the Sportster?)... I like the straight bars... I bet that thing is alot of fun.

I always liked them...
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Re: I have an 02 deuce and a shovelhead that i built

Post by GSXRanger »

Phulano wrote:The 02 is my daily rider at the moment. Working out a few details on the shovelhead right now, but I built her from the ground up from a pile of junk engine parts. Took about 6 months and a few dollars, but I built a pretty sick rigid frame bobber. 2 in the backbone, 34deg rake, 3+ springer, 18 inch apes with internal throttle and reverse twist grip brake setup with remote master cyln so all the cables run through the bars and there is no unsightly junk! Its kick only so no starter button, no turn signals, no any of that shit. .. also running a morris M5 magneto so no battery.

lotta other stuff. I'll post some pics when I take some new ones.

remember - it aint a chopper if you didnt chop it!
How does the bike handle with the Ape Hangers? I have never ridden one... so, I can't speak for it. Looks to me, that it wouldn't be that stable... and your arms would go numb after a while... but, they ARE cool though...
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

GSXRanger wrote:
That's a nice Sporty (isn't the XL the Sportster?)... I like the straight bars... I bet that thing is alot of fun.

I always liked them...
Yep, that's a Sportster. I like it being light and quick, although it isn't comfortable after a couple hundred miles. I've done a couple of 500 mile rides and I'm pretty worn out by the end. I almost bought a cruiser with the deployment money, but decided to do other things with this one. (And paid off stuff, yada, yada...) I just like to ride, and will ride with anyone, although you won't find me on anything but a HD.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

jakeshoe wrote:Image

My junk.
I saw this ride at the H.D. Shop near me....I LOVE IT,, how does she ride? Looks like a motorcycle version of a little bird. lol all blacked out and shit...
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

It rides good,
I put some shorter aftemarket shocks on it, made it a bit firmer but I like it as it feels more controlled. Still rides great.

I've also swapped the bars, rear fender, etc.

May put a spring seat on it later, also I still need to build the exhaust for it, too busy to mess with it right now.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Any Riders here?

Post by Bugsy »

GSXRanger wrote: Image
Fuck I never thought I'd see the day on ArmyRanger.com that got our very own POWER RANGER, on a crooked lane no less!!! :lol:

POWER ON!!!:lol:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
rum_snuggles

Re: Any Riders here?

Post by rum_snuggles »

Bugsy wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:Fuck I never thought I'd see the day on ArmyRanger.com that got our very own POWER RANGER, on a crooked lane no less!!! :lol:

POWER ON!!!:lol:
I just laughed so hard I pissed myself. NOT LYING.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

That made me spit beer through my nose...

Anyway, the kids that see me in my "Power Ranger" suit... all say the same thing... "Look mommy... a Power Ranger!"

Too bad, the Mommy's all look at me and say... "Tool". :lol:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I went by Santa Cruz H.D. and fell in love with the 06 Soft tail. I really like the fact that they are putting a wider rear tire back there. To me, that was always the "unfinished" look to the Harley's.

Big HUGE bike, with a skinny back tire.. I just never got that.

Now, the Choppers with the 250 / 300 series tires... they look mean, but don't turn very well. Then again, if I want to turn.. I just get on my Gixxer.

But, the one that I really like... is the "Night Train" with Drag Bars. That is a sexy bike!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

That's a cute bike! You buy it for your ole' lady? :wink: :lol: :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The Mosh Pit”