Any Riders here?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

GSXRanger wrote: The SV650 is a VERY capable bike on the track. I am amazed at how much entry speed they can have... and how well the engine braking comes in to play in the tight stuff. The suspension is a bit on the weak side... but, once you get that sorted... they are amazing fun to ride. My SV1000S was a HOOT on the track... but, it was my main street ride for a while. Loved that bike...
Suspension was done the first time by Traxxion Dynamics, with a Penske 3 way adjustable rear shock. Pipe, jet get, and re geared. Was an insurance by back, striped down with just a race tail section. Lots of fun and very cheep to race, fuel and slicks about every other race day. Lots of fun but I wasn’t a very fast rider.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Horned Toad wrote:
GSXRanger wrote: The SV650 is a VERY capable bike on the track. I am amazed at how much entry speed they can have... and how well the engine braking comes in to play in the tight stuff. The suspension is a bit on the weak side... but, once you get that sorted... they are amazing fun to ride. My SV1000S was a HOOT on the track... but, it was my main street ride for a while. Loved that bike...
Suspension was done the first time by Traxxion Dynamics, with a Penske 3 way adjustable rear shock. Pipe, jet get, and re geared. Was an insurance by back, striped down with just a race tail section. Lots of fun and very cheep to race, fuel and slicks about every other race day. Lots of fun but I wasn’t a very fast rider.
I have never raced... but, after my surgery, and recovery... I may do a club race, just to get my feet wet. I am going to attend the STAR Racing school, to get my AFM license...

I am a fast "A" group rider on track days... but, I can only imagine starting on the grid... the sprint for the first corner... that would be so much fun.

I have always loved the SV... such a fun bike to ride. You can wring the snot out of the 650, without having it bite you like my GSXR will do. I believe starting on the 650 made me a better rider on the track. I had a 2000 SV650 that I bought as a salvage bike... did the same mods you did suspension wise.. only I had my forks done by RaceTech. That bike was SOO much fun!

Anyway... glad to know there is at least ONE track guy on here... now I don't feel so alone. :wink:

BTW... what is your "home" track? I am lucky right now, to have Button Willow, Thunder Hill, and Sears Point (Infineon) at my fingertips... not to mention Laguna Seca!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I met want2race at the track, hopefully he will pipe up, and he was pretty damn fast
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

I used to have a GSXR 1000. Then I bought my Fat Boy. I sold my Gixxer when I moved up here to Illinois. I do miss it at times, but I'll just get into too much trouble. That bike was fast and fun to ride.

Here is my baby now.

B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Bravo57 wrote:I used to have a GSXR 1000. Then I bought my Fat Boy. I sold my Gixxer when I moved up here to Illinois. I do miss it at times, but I'll just get into too much trouble. That bike was fast and fun to ride.

Here is my baby now.

That is one BEAUTIFUL bike!

My wife loves Harleys... and I admit, I do too. If I ever win the lotto, I would have a garage FULL of bikes. I tend to ride a bit aggressively in the corners... and the few times I rode my buddies Dyna Glide, I ran out of ground clearance very quickly.

Your bike looks like it would be SUPER comfy riding 2 up. My wife is about to get her first bike.. she has already taken the MSF course, and we practice on the dirt... she is gonna start out with an EX250... great training bike.

I can't wait to get her out on the track with me... :lol:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fallshirmjager2/75th
Ranger

Post by fallshirmjager2/75th »

I am a Kawi man myself. I have an 01 zx6r but am saving up for an 05/06 636, they are just sick bikes.

GXSRanger good to see that you wear gear, I can't beleive how many people go unprotected. Here in HI so many people don't even wear helmets. I don't understand it

By the way, all you guys have nice bikes...heres mine.

Never mind. I cant get the picture small enough to allow me to attach it. But promise it looks really cool :D
2/75th A CO, BadMuthers/Fallshirmjagers

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes... That way when you do criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
MrsDocMac

Post by MrsDocMac »

This is my dad's bike and one of the custom bikes built by Philip Bolton, owner of Oasis Choppers. They took these two on their ride to Sturgis this weekend....

*edited to add the pictures.....
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Wow... cool rigs! I can't even imagine what it is like to ride on of those choppers. How they handle, how the brakes work... how they turn in... wow.

I would probably wad one, the first time out. Then again, they are built to cruise... :wink:

As for gear... hell yeah. I have been down before... turn four Road Atlanta... bike wadded in front of me, and I went down in the crap on the track. Even commuting to school (DLI) in the morning... I wear full gear. I have a one piece aerostitch suit that I wear over my ACU's.

Some of my "hillbilly" buddies... ride the Harley's... and they refuse to wear gear. I really don't understand it either...

Thanks for the conversation guys... (and ladies)... keep em coming!

Any track riders, would love to know your favorite tracks, and why you like them. Out here in California... I really dig ThunderHill... but, Sears is AMAZING!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

MrsDocMac wrote:This is my dad's bike and one of the custom bikes built by Philip Bolton, owner of Oasis Choppers. They took these two on their ride to Sturgis this weekend....

*edited to add the pictures.....

Now you're talking!! Those are men's bikes.

Now I know all you young studs are into 200mph fucking Jap magnet shit-storm super-hero rocketships an all, with ya fancy suits and jackets and shit, but whence ye get older, these babies will keep the ladies comin' (pun intended!)....pair a jeans, a cut-up Ranger PT shirt and some Joe-Cool shades Brothers, nice easy ride down the coast, little chicklet hanging onto ya, good food and a cold beer, that's the life for me right there.....what say ye? I'll leave the track to you young Hooahs, I need open road in my sites.

P.S. I do appreciate your love of riding, but c'mon, I gotta fuck with ya a little bit! :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Here is my scoot.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

My VTX1800N1.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Goog wrote:Here is my scoot.

That's one PURTY bike Ranger Goog... but, how the HELL do you control it with your hands way up in the air like that? Doesn't that get tiring after a while?

I have never ridden a bike with "hangers" ... So, I can't speak of them.

Sure is pretty though...
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

We just need to start our own MC... Scroll on top with the chapter rocker on bottom....

Just a thought
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

My junk.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
BadMuther
BANNED