Hurdle stretch

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Hurdle stretch

Post by SupplyRanger »

Is the Hurdle stretch still authorized. I checked FM 21-20 and I couldn't find it. If I remember correctly, it's an unauthorized stretch now.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

By hurdler's stretch, do you mean the one where you sit down with one leg straight and the other leg bent behind you and touch the toe of your straight leg?

I'm almost positive that's unauthorized now. It's pretty bad for your hips and spine and is a weak-ass hamstring stretch, anyways.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Thursday
Tadpole

Post by Thursday »

Ranger Supply Ranger, you can do a stretch that is very simmilar to that with the same results.

Put one leg straight as Ranger Evilcouch said, and take your second leg, bend the opposite leg at the knee and place the sole of that foot flat onto the striaghtened leg at the knee, forming what looks like a '4'.

Then proceed to touch the tip of your toe on the leg that is straightened.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

EvilCouch wrote:By hurdler's stretch, do you mean the one where you sit down with one leg straight and the other leg bent behind you and touch the toe of your straight leg?

I'm almost positive that's unauthorized now. It's pretty bad for your hips and spine and is a weak-ass hamstring stretch, anyways.
I know it is and thanks for the info.

Rgr Thursday, thanks as well for your input. Now can anyone tell me where to find it listed as an unauthorized stretch? FM 21-20 doesn't have it listed.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

SupplyRanger wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:By hurdler's stretch, do you mean the one where you sit down with one leg straight and the other leg bent behind you and touch the toe of your straight leg?

I know it is and thanks for the info.

Rgr Thursday, thanks as well for your input. Now can anyone tell me where to find it listed as an unauthorized stretch? FM 21-20 doesn't have it listed.
Not sure, however FM 21-20 explicitly says that "The soldier should feel slight discomfort, but no pain." The hurdler's stretch causes pain with me. It sounds like you're trying to cover your ass or hem someone up, so that may not be enough to do the damage, though. I'll dig around some more and see if I can find you more ammo.
World's worst webcomic
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

EvilCouch wrote: It sounds like you're trying to cover your ass or hem someone up, so that may not be enough to do the damage, though. I'll dig around some more and see if I can find you more ammo.
I'm trying to correct someone that is all fucked up. Thanks for the input.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Did a little more digging around and still have nothing you could use to jack someone up with. Sorry, brother. Looks like you're going to have to fix it the old-fashioned way; yelling "Shut the fuck up! You're fucking wrong!". :D
World's worst webcomic
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

EvilCouch wrote:Did a little more digging around and still have nothing you could use to jack someone up with. Sorry, brother. Looks like you're going to have to fix it the old-fashioned way; yelling "Shut the fuck up! You're fucking wrong!". :D
RANGER THAT!
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “About Army Physical Training”