BOLC II

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
GoardHeart
Ranger

BOLC II

Post by GoardHeart »

OK so here is the skinny on BOLC. Basic Officer Leader Course now encompases everything from the time a cadet signs his enlistment contracts to the time he or she graduates from their respective OBC. BOLC phase I takes place at their commissioning source; ROTC, USMA, OCS. BOLC phase two is what I am in right now, which brings new LT's together from all branches to train on weapons systems and tactics specifically "9 battle drills and 39 warrior tasks". There is also extensive training on FOB and convoy operations. It is 7 weeks long and is conducted at either Ft. Benning or Ft. Sill. BOLC III is the OBC for each branch. All of the branch OBC's have been slightly reduced in time because of BOLC II and restructed to build on the things learned in Phase II and incorporate MOS specific training into the foundation of leader tasks and doctrine learned in phase I and the operations learned in phase II.
So far so good. We are still in the process of in processing mostly. All we have really done is PT and we have a conditioning road march on Friday morning. Nex week is combatives, BRM, advanced marksmanship, and convoy live fire. I'm ready to get into the fun training, and more focused on achieving my goals than I ever have been before.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
TxBowhunter
Tadpole

Post by TxBowhunter »

Thanks for the post sir.

I will commission in Aug. and all the information you can provide on BOLC II is much appreciated.
BCT, OCS, IBOLC '04-'06
1/112th CAV (RSTA) '06-

"Many may serve, few will lead"
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Sounds like the Army has really fallen in love with the whole BOLC concept. Have fun, sir.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Well so far so good Ranger EvilCouch, but we shall see.

TX-if you want any further information about the course shoot me a PM.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley

Return to “Letters from School”