From Someone who is there.

Basic & AIT
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

So how did you get access to a computer? I thought trainees werent able to get access to such things?
NORCAL18T
Embryo

Post by NORCAL18T »

Ya Im a lil confused too.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Another lesson to be learned too is rumor control. Don't get your panties in a wad until something actually happens. Save yourself some stress everytime a new rumor comes up.

The big rumor when I was in osut was that they were cancelling all airborne and rip contracts and shipping everyone straight to desert storm..... :roll:
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Ranger BM is exactly right.They could be using it as a ploy to get PT scores up,not that thats bad.Just dont put all of your eggs in one backet.

We had the same rumor as Ranger BM and another about us being 11m.Luckily 22 of us were picked to be 11B.Never had a desire to ride in that metal coffin :lol:
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Good thing now is 11m is joined with 11b now so we might all get our chance to ride in that coffin :twisted: no problem here I would love to be in a Mech. unit.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Desert Sloth wrote:
devilrat35 wrote:If your unit does really good, once you're off total control and in the later part of OSUT you can earn passes. If you have like a two hour pass, there's slow as shit computers in the recreation center you can use.
I would not be spouting off shit you don't know shit about. When I, and many of the Rangers on this site were in OSUT, none of us got a pass until after the initial BASIC portion is where Brad85 is at. You are allowed to go to the PX for a day and screw around. After that I remember getting I think one more. There were no passes given out for "Good Platoons" or any shit like that. Just whenever your DS decided that he had a heart.
Blacksrt4 wrote:Good thing now is 11m is joined with 11b now so we might all get our chance to ride in that coffin no problem here I would love to be in a Mech. unit.
Black Turd, you have once again spouted off something that just gets me in a bind. Shutup......if you want to be Mech, Go find a Mech Infantry website and spill your diarrhea there.
Amen, brother. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

I was in B 1-19. We got 4 or 5 passes through the cycle, and a couple other companies got more. Our first pass was at week 5. It sounds as though things have gotten a lot more lax when it comes to getting a few hours to hang out at the rec center/px. I can't speak for other battalions.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

i was at 2-19 about a year ago, never once got a pass until the mid cycle( week 9) pass came up. we were allowed to stay overnight in columbus, i just sat in my hotel room, orderd room service and ordered out for some entertainment.
brad, if/when you get to Ft. Campbell, let me know. i'm at 1st Brigade right now.
D co. 2/327
No Slack
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

At Ft.Knox we didnt get any kind of passes. They let us go to the littl shoppet by ourselves after week 7 or so. But there werent any computers there. The only pass we got was on graduation day for 36 hours w. our families. Kentucky sucks, dont go there..lol. Oh i was in A co. 2-46 Inf.
nmuts02
Embryo

Pass

Post by nmuts02 »

We got out first pass at the end of week five, a two hour pass if you shot sharpshooter or expert. Nothing was ever guaranteed, if you were a shithead then you didn't get a pass. I am back to Ft Sill tommorow, hopefully be out of there in 4 weeks and be off to Airborne. I will give an update as soon as I get a chance.
Class 13Fox07-04, Ft Sill

Charlie Rock Motherfucking Hard
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Let's see....

I was in C-1/19.......1990

I didn't EVER get to go to the PX by myself......a lot of the times, only the platoon (trainee) PSG got to go.....If we did get to go, we were ONLY allowed toiletries...no candy, no magazines, nothing...soap and kiwi. And we fucking marched the whole time, and didn't friggin talk.

We didn't get nights off...we didn't get weekends off....Sundays were an easier day, church and barracks maintenance......

I got to use the phone twice, MAYBE 3 times......The first time was after WEEK 9.........

There was a 3 hour pass that I somehow missed out on, and then we had Family day.......THAT'S IT!

By historical standards, my basic was prolly a lot easier the those who went before me.

The stories I hear now make me sick. My father-in-law's POS son went through basic and said it was "fun". (He's since been chaptered out.)

Fucking no part of basic was fucking fun for me! Airborne school should have been easy, but I was too worried about RIP, for good reason.

Listen up cupcakes......WE ARE AT WAR.......Al Queda Doesn't give a flying fuck....our enemies are trying desperately to kill us and our way of life..........If your basic training was easy, you should feel fucking cheated!
I was told that my Basic was harder because of the upcoming war in Iraq.....that the gloves were coming off......not sure if it's true, but I'm glad that our DS's were hard on us.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Return to “About OSUT”