Wife of a Solider Preparing for RIP

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dodge_This
Embryo

Wife of a Solider Preparing for RIP

Post by Dodge_This »

Hello to all! I ran across this site while looking up information about RIP for my husband. I have read anything and everything about Rangers and I am truly impressed by the level of committment you guys have! He is due to go to RIP in 5 weeks. I am trying to learn as much as I can due the fact that I married into a hardcore military family!

Being a new military wife, are there any words of wisdom that you can pass along? I mean, I have never seen my husband more determined to do anything in his whole life, and I want to support him every step of the way!

This may not be the best place to ask for advice until he gets through, but I don't know where eles to turn! Thank you for any advice or information that you may be able to pass along!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Welcome!

Good luck to your husband, maybe get with "Proud Ranger wife" and see what she has to say?

Jim
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome to site. We are glad to have you here. We would also be glad to give whatever advice and support to you and your husband, that is possible.

As a matter of fact, we have another wife, who's husband just graduated RIP.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Welcome to the site and tell your ole man never quit or he won't get his shit.
Then the work begins.

ask away but try to search first.
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Neutron
Tadpole

Post by Neutron »

Ma'am,

I'm just a DEP nobody, I've never been to any Army training at all, never experianced any of the struggles that people who've BTDT have, but I can still tell you one thing: behind all of your husbands determination and will to complete RIP (and Ranger School if he gets sent there), there is nothing more paramount to his success than you supporting his efforts 110%. Your support and confidence that he will succeed will be as important, or maybe even more important, than his own want to strive and succeed. Again, I've never been to Basic/ABN/RIP, and I might never EVER go to any of them (hopefully I will though), but I've been in very tight spots, and I can tell you, when you're down, it's a whole lot easier to get back up and fight if there is somebody who believes in you and loves you.

I'm proud of you for supporting your husband for his efforts, and I'm proud of your husband for his self-less dedication to our nations security. Every other person on this board (Rangers, Veterans, civilians, DEPers) is proud of both of you. Thank you, and good luck to both of you!

LEVI
"Just know who you ARE and drive the fuck on!" - Ranger Steadfast

Life is nothing more than a ladder, climb it better, higher, faster.

Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Never quit, and permanently destroy the little part of your mind that says...."I can't." - Ranger BadMuther
Dodge_This
Embryo

Post by Dodge_This »

Thank you all! Everyone on this site has been very nice and supportive! Reading some of the information on RIP has really opened my eyes to the world in which my husband hopes to become a part of. I understand that at times, I won't like what he does, but I know that I could never hold him back from doing what he loves! If his heart is set on being the best, then I am behind him!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I just wish my first wife showed half of the support as you and proud ranger wife have shown for your husbands. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Dodge-
Welcome to the site! Drag your hubby over here sometime, too. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

Welcome! I'll do whatever I can to help! I sent you a PM so check your box....
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

h8train1/75 wrote:I am a RIP Instructor. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.
Hate, you are going to scare the ladies....... :twisted: :wink:
Bell

Post by Bell »

Just support him lady. Ya don't have to like it, understand it, or need it. It's what he does and if you don't support him all the way his mind won't be on his training. He can't be concerned with you or the house or the dogs or the car. He needs to be able to concentrate everything he has on his mission. Not having to worry about you is the best thing you can do for him right now.

RLTW
Bell
iHEARTNORCAL
Egg

My Boyfriend just started Basic Training.

Post by iHEARTNORCAL »

Hello! Im the girlfriend of NORCAL18T. He told me i should check this out and see if there is anything on here that would help me through this. He just started basic training at Fort Benning and is training to become a Airbourne-Ranger some day. And I have read and watch the movies on the training and everything. But i still dont know a whole lot. And i support everything he is doing and i am planning to stick buy him the whole way. And if anyone can talk to me about any of their experiences with having a girlfriend or boyfriend in the military i would really like to talk to you because i would like to hear your stories and see how you dealed with it. Thank You for your time.
My boyfriend is NORCAL18T.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Girlfriend-

The number one thing you can do for your man is be faithful. If your man isn't worrying about you stepping out, he can focus 100% on his training.

There's nothing like calling home and your girl saying how she got so drunk the night before with her guy friends that she doesn't really remember anything......makes a boy wonder.....

How old are you?

Return to “Introduction Archive”