This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: FNG

Post by Steadfast »

SFC H8R wrote:
Fonz wrote:Gentlemen

I'm 22, a college student, and in the Nasty Guard (.... we all make mistakes). Graduated from basic this past November after 3 years college ROTC. Pretty much your regular leg, trying to keep up my PT score on the off time between drills. I'm an E-3 currently, though E-4 is right around the corner and couldnt come soon enough. I was able to weasel a slot for Air Assault in June, so I'm pretty stoked to finally start the "hoah" schools. My unit is scheduled for my first deployment later this year, and by the time I return to the states I should have just enough time to finish my degree before I re-up and go active, hopefully I'll be able to join some of my buddies over in 2nd I.D.

PFC Fonz
Have you no pride? I say fuck you private. Pull you head out of your ass because you are a fucking NO-GO. Where the fuck do you live? I will show you nasty......Do it again.....Fucking privates :roll: I;ll be watching you......
I like SFC H8R will be watching you.

What other schools did you attend besides BCT? If no other school then select a NEWT Avatar. Don't fucken PM me askin. Print any questions ya have here.

What you fail to realize is that many of the men on this board have pride in being a soldier.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Attention to detail. So far you've spelled 'hooah' and 'airborne' incorrectly.
How badly do you want it if you can't even spell it.

Listen to the advice you have been given, never shit on your own unit, have pride and motivation and help your unit exceed the standards.

Instead of sitting back and thinking this sucks, do something about it.

Good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RGR Pete
Ranger

Post by RGR Pete »

Pvt NoGo, Lifes to short, if you don't have pride in your current unit leave. It's the reserves(unless shits changed-WAR) find a unit that you like(rates with your high standards???and knowledge- Pvt??) and will take you.
Stop... Your a Pvt. suck it up, keep your yap shut and drive on.
USMC-87 to 91
Bco 1/75 94-97
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Once again, some shitstain comes in and sticks his foot in his mouth.

Let me be direct. The service you berate is your own. And to do so on your opening statement lacks any semblance of maturity. The "Nasty Guard" has sent thousands to this war and will send thousands more. IN fact, we have some of our Ranger pods here who are there now with "The Nasty Guard". Some have died from units like the 48th, 256th, 155th, and the list goes on. They died doing a soldiers job....a warriors job. And your beating your chest over bullwinkle wings?

Here is a mature statement for you. Any soldier who steps up and sacrifices is to be honored and the Rangers here dont give a damn about what unit, what service. They understand sacrifice as well as they understand that all the scare badges in the service (and all are represented here) don't mean shit if the man wearing it lacks integrity.

You didnt make a mistake on the Guard. They made a mistake taking you.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

...and with all that said I'll just give you a "welcome". At this point you'll either learn from what the other Rangers have posted or prove yourself untrainable.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Not feelng to cool now are ya ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
RGR Mac
Ranger

Post by RGR Mac »

I thought the 1-116th/29th ID landed in the first waves at Omaha Beach on D-Day...and you don't take pride in this unit.
I wonder how many of your peers, NCO's and officers would feel if you said this to their face?
I wore the 29th ID patch for 4 years, and was damned proud every time I put it on.
Co B/1-75 RGR(81-85)
Army Guard 96-to the present day
E-8/MSG.
Ranger Class 12-82
"You can have one for free if it will shut the hole under your nose"
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Abell9 wrote:Once again, some shitstain comes in and sticks his foot in his mouth.

Let me be direct. The service you berate is your own. And to do so on your opening statement lacks any semblance of maturity. The "Nasty Guard" has sent thousands to this war and will send thousands more. IN fact, we have some of our Ranger pods here who are there now with "The Nasty Guard". Some have died from units like the 48th, 256th, 155th, and the list goes on. They died doing a soldiers job....a warriors job. And your beating your chest over bullwinkle wings?

Here is a mature statement for you. Any soldier who steps up and sacrifices is to be honored and the Rangers here dont give a damn about what unit, what service. They understand sacrifice as well as they understand that all the scare badges in the service (and all are represented here) don't mean shit if the man wearing it lacks integrity.

You didnt make a mistake on the Guard. They made a mistake taking you.
I wish I had written this! Read this a few more times kid because you need good guidance.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Hydra
Embryo

Post by Hydra »

Fonz wrote:Gentlemen

I'm 22, a college student, and in the Nasty Guard (.... we all make mistakes).
PFC Fonz

Hmmm i know you said its a mistake but why did you join the Guard then? And what does it matter what someone else says about it? Look on the news and tell me no Guard troops are there.

Its what you signed up for and its what you wanted to do, if you hate it so much then get out, go active etc.
I do see where you are coming from in a sense, you are straight out of Basic and everyone in there will talk about the Guard like it is the biggest joke in the world.
I went to Ft. Knox and alot of people there said the same thing, but times are a changing and a year later i was overseas hearing the whistle from RPG's just like everyone else.
I dont know how you can dump on your own branch like that but the Guard is what you make it, you have to keep your self in shape and on point in the month that you are not with them, the Soldiers that dont do that are some of the reason why the Guard got a bad rep in the first place.
The Guard is a responsibility.

With that attitude dont expect to get promoted very quickly.

SGT J.R
FL ARNG C/2-265 ADA (Stinger)

Out
-ARNG C-2/265th ADA (Stinger) 2002-2008
-OEF V Afghanistan, attached to Civil Affairs/PsyOps Team, (Combat M.P) 2004-2005

"When you see peace, plan for war."
Fonz
Embryo

Post by Fonz »

Hydra wrote: I do see where you are coming from in a sense, you are straight out of Basic and everyone in there will talk about the Guard like it is the biggest joke in the world.
As I said before, I came in expecting to get the same amount of shit from active soldiers that the D.I.s gave us in basic (which I never understood why, for the reasons the other Rangers have said above). Sarcasm is hard to convey through text and I'm already off on a bad foot here, so once again I'll apolagize and STFU. Air Assault will be my first school.
Det 1 C Co 1-116 29th INF
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

AbnRgr289 wrote: While your lurking, get an avatar.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Hydra
Embryo

Post by Hydra »

Fonz wrote:
Fonz wrote: As I said before, I came in expecting to get the same amount of shit from active soldiers that the D.I.s gave us in basic (which I never understood why, for the reasons the other Rangers have said above). Sarcasm is hard to convey through text and I'm already off on a bad foot here, so once again I'll apolagize and STFU. Air Assault will be my first school.

Well it is what it is PFC, i dont think anyone on this site is trying to jump on ya we just have alot of honor in what we do whether its Ranger, Active Army or ARNG, like one of the Rangers said before, anyone who is willing to go out there and put themselves in harms way is respected.
I know you ment what you said as a joke, but just keep your head up and make the ARNG the best experience you can have.
Good luck in Air Assault school, and on your promotion.

SGT Out
-ARNG C-2/265th ADA (Stinger) 2002-2008
-OEF V Afghanistan, attached to Civil Affairs/PsyOps Team, (Combat M.P) 2004-2005

"When you see peace, plan for war."

Return to “Introduction Archive”