33%
A newer design, along the lines of the new USMC uniform, would be best
47%
A European Rave design - something in blue like the USAF - would be best
20%

Total votes: 15

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Like the pattern of the Eurotrash design better, but not necessarily with those colors.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Well, taken as a whole, I like the boots the Gyrene has on, the slashpockets, but the imprint of the USAF Uniform, although using different colors - which would be substituted depending on the environment one would be operating in.
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

The new SOC uniforms which are supposed to filter down into the rest oth the Army are good with the new pockets on sleeves. This is what I wear most days:Image
Believe it or not it is very hard to see and works well.
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

BRanger91 wrote:Believe it or not it is very hard to see and works well.
Well, I don't know about being hard to see, but it's pretty goddamned hard to look at for any length of time. Maybe that's why it's effective - it makes you want to look away.
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Spartan wrote:
BRanger91 wrote:Believe it or not it is very hard to see and works well.
Well, I don't know about being hard to see, but it's pretty goddamned hard to look at for any length of time. Maybe that's why it's effective - it makes you want to look away.
I thought the same thing when I first saw them with all that red but it actually blends in very well. The uniform is actually Swiss. If you are on Ft Lewis annd see someone wearing it, that is one of my boys.
OIF 04-05
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I think that the Army uniforms are fine. We just sewed pockets on the sleeves. I don't like the USMC or the Air Force patterns. No offense to any Marines but what kind of service buys new fatigues and still uses the m-16 and lacks night vision capabilities. Need to get their priorities straight. :?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I didn't vote yet, I am still deciding. Back in 1969 I had Korean Tigers, American Cammo, Vietnamese Cammo. I even designed my own shirts by removing pockets on Amer Cammies and making them into a shirt jacket that couldn't be tucked into pants. I liked that one. No one could tell me to tuck my shirt in. There wasn't any material at below belt line. I used to tell this Vietnamese tailor what I wanted and with what material and he made them custom fit for me. I wore my custom BDU's in the rear and wore regular cammies for the bush. I even had one pair of leopard cammies. I really don't remember what army they came from. I like the Marine fatigues. They can be made to adapt to any locale you may be headed in that best suits you. So one type of color isn't necessarily the best for you. The Marine BDU isn't very good for urban centers. So each type have there drawbacks. And the A.F. color would make you stand out against a red or sand colored brick or wall. So....where ever you are deployed should decide what color or pattern you wear. I remember hearing on the news that in say 200 miles of Washington State, you pass through clay areas into lush greens. So one uniform here just won't cut it. JMO
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The pattern on the Air Force uniform is almost the same as our old Tiger Stripes (different color). The ones BRanger showed make me dizzy but I can see where they would be effective. I'm with Steadfast, the BDUs need to fit your invironement. We wore jungles any time we weren't on a mission, when we got into our Tigers and put on the War Paint it was time to go to work. Mybe the Army needs to come up with several designs for different areas for the SOF troops. They could use jeans and black T-shirts for urban areas.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

It is meant for a woodland/highland environment. It's Swiss so you know they do spend alot of times way up there. The red is there to confuse the eye which it actually does a real good job of.
certiorari wrote:What kind of environment is that meant to be used in Ranger BRanger91?
OIF 04-05

Return to “Personal Gear”