I suckle mommys teat Dental plan

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

66G_RN wrote:
JMK SF G-2 wrote:Try to care? There's nothing wrong with them, as long as you don't get sick. :evil:
It breaks my heart for the millions of people who depend on Tricare. This woman in particular had a c-section, giving birth to and nursing premature twins, no family support, E-3 husband is deployed to OEF and Tricare doesn't want to pay for necessary medical equipment that is covered under her plan.

I have to send a mountain of paperwork to document her need for the equipment. A prescription from her doctor and a superbill with the appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes is not enough. It's so stupid and such a waste of her time. Like she has nothing better to do. :evil:
You know, while demonizing Tri-Care is easy enough or any other insurance giant...the fact is the reason it's such a hassle is because of...
1. Abuse
2. Creative coding
3. Over charges
4. Un-necessary treatment

So while we can make them out as the bad guy, the truth still remains...Doctors, Lawyers, Hospitals, and Clinics not to mention the Stock market each had a hand in this control you see. And for every sad story you see there are 50 people who are damned glad and damned lucky to have benefits. Lets not parade THAT particular pig out for slaughter. Its not defendable. Tri-Care, UHC, Blue Cross, Aetna, Humana, and the list is long....each has it's own way of trying to make a buck.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

And because I'm retired, Tricare is all I have in the way of healthcare. For those of us who are and those on active duty who are, it's all we have. And for other vets, they have the VA.

I agree. It's getting harder and harder to find providers that will accept it. Part of the problem is the rising cost of healthcare and benefits simply aren't keeping pace with it. Another is the documentation involved by providers required by the underwriters to justify their costs.

Those reasons the Pastor pointed out.

Yes, I sympathize with some as it becomes a juggling act to get compensated. I have heard countless stories from the healthcare profession when turned down or away. Sometimes, it been downright embarrassing.

Most that do still accept it do it as a courtesy to service members out of respect or because there was someone in the food chain who was in the military. I had another dental plan for 6 years, but decided to switch after I dropped them.

I avoided D.E.L.T.A. initially because when I was active duty, I had to deal with them. Back then, they absolutely sucked. There were no manuals, care guides etc. You either schooled yourself or learned through trial and error.

So far, I like what I see. TRDP has a website for resource and information. I have been sent a care guide (something not previously provided) and they appear to have done a 180 in the way of taking care of enrollees.

Sometimes what seems to be one thing is not all what it appears, hence my initial question.

One fact remains however which still boils my blood and that is before Bill Clinton, this was not an issue. Or maybe it was, but I am not aware of all the particulars.

Part of the package of service to country for 20 years was lifetime health care for you and your family. It still is.

Only now, it has a price tag which I have to fund. Sometimes, the cost can't be measured in dollars and cents when it comes to peace of mind.

But in this day and age of healthcare, unfortunately it is.

edit for typo
Last edited by centermass on September 27th, 2005, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

Ranger Centermass, both you and Ranger Abell made some very valid points.

Back to your initial questions, Ranger Center Mass, DD as well as United Concordia, the AD dental plan, are excellent products. It's my opinion that Tricare could learn a lot from them.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Champus was the shit
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Goog wrote:Champus was the shit
"Was" being the key word.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Aetna dental is OK -- two cleanings, 50% up to $1000 / year. God Forbid anything catastrophic happens.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Exsquzme
Ranger

?

Post by Exsquzme »

How long after service does this plan last, I need dental insurance, and I have to have a root canal, done, if I dont get insurance, it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to pay off.
"Live life to the fullest" & "Never give up"
1st PLT WPNS SQD C Co. 3/75 01'-05'
RS 03-05

Return to “Post Service Issues”