Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Take off 'eh?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

I should update the status of my application: I recieved the job offer for Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, I asked for 3rd batt. but I won't find out if I got it until further into my training. My enrollment/swearing in is Mar. 2, and then I will officially be in the Army.

Thank-you Rangers for the welcomes, and I hope I can one day become good enough to be a part of the SOF community.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Just remember how you felt when you saw this and that should be motivation enough to help you reach your objective. Good luck kid.

1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome.......
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Stauds wrote:I should update the status of my application: I recieved the job offer for Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, I asked for 3rd batt. but I won't find out if I got it until further into my training. My enrollment/swearing in is Mar. 2, and then I will officially be in the Army.

Thank-you Rangers for the welcomes, and I hope I can one day become good enough to be a part of the SOF community.
If they are in Petawawa, they are pretty good. so why not try for the Para Coy? Or the Special Operations Regiment?

welcome.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

Ranger Bugsby, thanks for the good luck. Looking at those images just now sparked something in me. Everytime I feel like I can't do any more pushups, or can't hump any further, I will think about what I am fighting for and push on. I will remember that, especially when I am finally able to "meet" those camel-fuckers responsible.

Ranger KW Driver, I am looking at all my options to get into SOF. If I can get into the Para Coy, or the Special Operations Regiment I will definitely try. My final goal is the Joint Task Force 2, but that obviously may be out of reach. I just have to work my ass off and work some more.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Stauds wrote: My final goal is the Joint Task Force 2, but that obviously may be out of reach. I just have to work my ass off and work some more.
quitting already huh?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Welcome. Hit what you're aiming at.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

Ranger KW Driver, I would never quit. When I said it may be out of reach, I meant things out of my control might prevent me getting in. I would never think of quitting anything, much less a goal I've deep down harboured for as long as I can remember. I'm sorry if that was my implied message.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome and good luck in your goal.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

I have almost completed 4 weeks of basic training, and I am taking a quick break while getting ice for my knee. I have learned a few essential lessons so far while I've been here:

1. Learn to shut the fuck up. Don't ask stupid questions, everything you need to know will be explained to you.
2. RESPECT the people who have experience and listen to what they say. I have met a few people so far who literally scare me they are so intense, and I hope I can one day be like that. None of the pussy shit so many canadians associate with our military.
3. Do EXACTLY what you are told, nothing less, nothing more. This will accomplish the task in the best possible way.

The soldiers I have met so far who have a lot of experience serving overseas in missions that a normal infanteer drools over, has given me a much-needed kick in the ass. They are the ones who inspire pride in the uniform you are wearing, and in the country you serve. The Master Bombadier said it best:

"If you have the nerve to wear the same uniform that soldiers overseas are losing their lives for, you better fuckin' wear it proud."

Rangers, I have a new respect for all that you have done, and I hope I can one day become what you have worked so hard to achieve.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome eh?
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Canadian....aahhhh Welcome.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

My Dad served in the RCAF and my Uncle in the RCN during WWII. In Viet Nam, there were a lot of Canadians who served in the US Army. I had one in my Ranger Platoon. I welcome you and wish you well in memory of my Dad and Uncle. RIP.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”