Sitrep (Long overdue) - Updated -

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
MagNeato
Inprocessing

Sitrep (Long overdue) - Updated -

Post by MagNeato »

It has been a very long time since I posted anything here, but due to the fact that WAY back the info here greatly helped me, which was much appreciated, I found it appropriate to post a letter from school.

Here is a link to my intro post due to the length of time since I posted it and the emphasis on posting one here, for your refernce: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I have been fortunate enough to have been accepted into the Army as of May 2005. I choose 91W (Medic) as my MOS and after completing WTC ( Warrior Transition Course) in Ky i went to Ft Sam Houston. I was fortunate enough to obtain an Airborne slot at AIT after prolonged ass kissing, sucking up, begging and pleading, off to Airborne school I went. I started on Jan 6th ofF this year and graduated on Jan 26th.

Upon receiving the Airborne slot at Ft Sam, I began to email the Ranger Liason at Airborne school, and began laying the groundwork for possibly obtaining a slot in RIP. Upon arriving at Airborne school, I met the Ranger Liason and secured a slot in RIP. I cannot express how fortunate I am to have received this.

I went to RIP holdunder on Jan 27th and began inprocessing for RIP.

PT Test - 112 attempted 66 passed. As far as the graders, while strict, definately felt they were fair, most who failed bitched about them, all who passed felt as i did.

RIP:

Day 1 -
-5 mile run - Only 1 or 2 failures both have VW'd run was on flat terrain and my old ass did well suprisingly.
-Swim test - This one has recently changed. The NEW test, we are the first class to do it, consisted of a push into the pool from the side (not the 3 meter board) a memoval of equipment and a 15 meter swim. Only one failed who later VW'd. This test is substantially less difficult than the old one, why it was changed i have no idea.

Day 3 -
- 12 mile ruck 3 hours - 15 failures 10 VW'd from that. The 5 that had the heart to stick with it all passed their re-test. This kicked my butt hard. I defiantely needded more rucking as pat of my training pre-rip, but being 33 and all shot up i hung pretty good with the youngsters.

Cole Range - Got back yesterday
This is by far the biggest smoker that I have ever gone through and I don't say that lightly. I have been more tired, and worn out from training in the Marine Corps n a few occasions, however, I have never been smoked like this in the Marine Corps. We left around 1000 on Wednesday and came back around 1200 Friday. We had approximately 3 hours of sleep the whole time and had our butt's kicked throughly. While I never thought about quitting (I know what i want and where i want to be) I definately got broke off. 2 VW'd.

Today is Saturday and it is our first day off. I have 2 weeks left then on hold until SOCM course at Ft Bragg, hopeflly I won't have to wait to long for that and then off to whatever BN i get assigned to.

I really cannot express how thrilled I am that i received this shot. Most of the younger kids don't get it yet but hopefully they will soon. I will post more if i am fortunate enough to gaduate.
Last edited by MagNeato on February 24th, 2006, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 2/75 2007-till as long as they will keep my old ass around!

USMC
1990-1994
Bco, 3AABN, 1st MarDiv
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Excellent. 8)
RSD 96-99
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Outstanding.....keep going!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Do your fucking thing and kick ass.......All of us old fuckers are especially happy you are takin care of business.

It is in the heart and mind of a man that makes the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I had my 30th B-day at RIP. Good to see another old fucker kicking ass!!!! Excellent sitrep. Keep up the good work. It's FUN watching the 18-21 year olds fall out, isn't it? :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

That's fucking awesome! Glad to hear that you're kicking ass. You'll earn that Tan Beret soon....keep it up. BTW, how many pushups have you had to do for saying, "Oo-rah," instead of, "Hooah?" :lol: Keep the SITREPs coming.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP. Please keep us updated and never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

That should be motivating everyone of the 17-25 crowd right about now!
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Awesome job, fucking killer!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Thats is, hands down, the best sit rep I have read on this site....Good Job.

Good to see you makin it.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Good job! Drive on and never quit.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
MagNeato
Inprocessing

Post by MagNeato »

Week 3 is down. This week has been a lot slower than the other two. All physical standard tests are over so it is on to the academics.

Day 1 - This PT session was kick ass! 35 lb ruck march / run on streets and trails. Cadre did a great job mixing up the marching and running on this day. Also, we did the Downing Mile (no rucks) and skedco / buddy carry drills (with rucks). The session lasted 2-3 hours and was a real smoker, i am still sore as hell from this one. Two written tests, one on RFR and one on Standards and history.

Day 2 - fairly moderate PT, upper body strength workout. re-test for the RFR / history and standards. Fast rope classes, cadre quoted as saying I drop like "greased shit on a stick", this is something i need to work on.

Day 3 - PT consisted of a decent run with buddy carries, and lunges. Airborne Operations classes and PE on ruck rigging for Airborne Ops.

Day 4 - Upper body PT that was much more difficult than most thought it would be, I will do this workout a lot at the advanced Cm school i goto if i graduate RIP. Assignments were given out today as well.

5 individuals double tapped the written tests so back to day 1 with the next class they go. Shame on them for not studying I suppose.

1 Week left and mainly shooting so real excited about that!
Bco 2/75 2007-till as long as they will keep my old ass around!

USMC
1990-1994
Bco, 3AABN, 1st MarDiv
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Good Job ....keep going. You are modivating the shit out of me.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I hope our DEP's are reading these sitreps. Keep up the good work stud!!! (I mean old timer) :wink:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Letters from School”