Deployment before Ranger School?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Deployment before Ranger School?

Post by KrazyFlip »

I have another question. I have searched around and have not found the anwser. If it has already been posted before I am sorry. Here is my question, Once you graduate R.I.P. and get sent to Batt. is it possible that you may get deployed on missions before you go to Ranger School? Thank you for your time Rangers.
MOS:11x/Airborne OSUT
Ship Date: March 24, 2004
Bell

Re: Deployment before Ranger School?

Post by Bell »

KrazyFlip wrote:I have another question. I have searched around and have not found the anwser. If it has already been posted before I am sorry. Here is my question, Once you graduate R.I.P. and get sent to Batt. is it possible that you may get deployed on missions before you go to Ranger School? Thank you for your time Rangers.
Ya didn't look hard enough. But let me make this easy for ya. Don't worry about Ranger School again. From this moment on just worry about tomorrow. One day at a time.

You won't get to Ranger School until yer TL, SL, PS, PL, CO think yer ready. So don't worry about it. Ranger School doesn't have anything to do with yer duty station duties. Being in the Battalion is all about being the best soldier there is. You'll go to war, go on training missions, do all kinds of shit. When they think yer ready you'll go to Ranger School. Then you'll come back and go to war, go on training missions, do all kinds of shit. Only this time you'll do it with a tab on yer shoulder.

RLTW
Bell
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Well said Ranger Bell. Crazy, do pushups......
rangerrich
Ranger

Post by rangerrich »

Where do these kids come up with these questions? It wasn't that long ago when pv2- pfc were running around with CIBs foreign jump wings, and mustard stains long before HOOAH school, there's an OML and you go when they feel your ready,
c 1/75 1st platoon Nov.89-Jun 93
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

Combat operations are a million times more important than any military school. Focus on principles that apply to staying alive in combat. You'll go once you've earned the privledge, but don't worry about it cause it'll drive you crazy. I had to learn that one the hard way.
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”