3Fifty

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Abell9 wrote:You guys realize that this is the first time Bug EVER typed anything that didnt have LARGE BOLD TYPE???????

Man, he must be feelin really bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: (yeah I'm all tore up Pastor). Heck better he quit now than "Quit on Somebody in combat". Like my grandpa used to say "that boy is blind in one ear and can't see out of the other one"

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the MP's comin to get me.

But I bet right about now old 3Fifty is regretting his decision (and his new bride is probably too).
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Bugsy wrote:
Abell9 wrote:You guys realize that this is the first time Bug EVER typed anything that didnt have LARGE BOLD TYPE???????

Man, he must be feelin really bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: (yeah I'm all tore up Pastor). Heck better he quit now than "Quit on Somebody in combat". Like my grandpa used to say "that boy is blind in one ear and can't see out of the other one"

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the MP's comin to get me.

But I bet right about now old 3Fifty is regretting his decision (and his new bride is probably too).
He'll be regretting it when they cut his pay off. That's when they come in, snivelling like little bitches because they don't have any money for food. Fuck him. Dude, if anyone has first dibs on throat punching his sorry ass, it's you Bugsy.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

SkyShark wrote:Not to hijak or anythig however I do have a question regarding current laws on AWOL and desertion.

When I was in, I had brokenmy shoulder and was tasked out to work in the PACoffice for a while. One of my resposibilities was every month I took a list aoff all the joes in Battalion that were AWOL and what not to the Prvost Marshalls office in Corps. I was there one day and saw an old lady sitting in room looking scared as shit. I asked one othe MP's about it and I was told that she went AWOL in 1974. A couple days before I saw her she was pulled over for running a red light in South Carolina. When te cop ran her she came up as a deserter. So she was taken into custody and was sent to Bragg. They said they were just going to out process her wit a dishonorable discharge and not press charges because it had been so long. Don't know if what this guy was telling me was true though. I asked him what the difference was betweennAWOL and desertion and he said you are AWOL for 30 days. After you are "missing" for 30 days you are reclassed to desertion and at that time the Army stops looking for you, they just wait for you t do something like getpulled over or buy a house or something. Does anyone know if this is true and is it still the same?

What actions will the Army take towards 3-50?
Similar thing happened when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. The MPs (us) barracks were on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the barracks. The first floor was sep company. One time I was coming back from work and I saw this old dude in BDU's sitting outside of one of the rooms. I asked about him.. was a deserter from the early 70s who had been picked up somewhere. They issued him a set of BDUs to process him out with a BCD I think.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

SkyShark wrote:Not to hijak or anythig however I do have a question regarding current laws on AWOL and desertion.

When I was in, I had brokenmy shoulder and was tasked out to work in the PACoffice for a while. One of my resposibilities was every month I took a list aoff all the joes in Battalion that were AWOL and what not to the Prvost Marshalls office in Corps. I was there one day and saw an old lady sitting in room looking scared as shit. I asked one othe MP's about it and I was told that she went AWOL in 1974. A couple days before I saw her she was pulled over for running a red light in South Carolina. When te cop ran her she came up as a deserter. So she was taken into custody and was sent to Bragg. They said they were just going to out process her wit a dishonorable discharge and not press charges because it had been so long. Don't know if what this guy was telling me was true though. I asked him what the difference was betweennAWOL and desertion and he said you are AWOL for 30 days. After you are "missing" for 30 days you are reclassed to desertion and at that time the Army stops looking for you, they just wait for you t do something like getpulled over or buy a house or something. Does anyone know if this is true and is it still the same?

What actions will the Army take towards 3-50?

both AWOL and Desertion are jag lawyer dependent, you can be classed as a deserter 30seconds after you leave if the intent to not return can be proved. one case here a joe left notes saying that he would not return, he was classed as a deserter during war time within 24, and now for the first time in a long time levenworth will be carrrying out executions in the coming up months.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
JB
US Army Veteran

Post by JB »

After 30 days, an AWOL changes to Deserter/Dropped From Rolls. If the unit reports it correctly, a felony warrant is placed into NCIC. The next time they are stopped for a simple traffic stop, they are aprehended and released to the AWOL aprehension team for the area.

An AWOL doesn't have to wait 30 days to be Dropped From Rolls, if he is fleeing becuase of pending charges or a unit mobilization he can be considered a deserter. Or he has recently gone AWOL and turned him self back in and then goes AWOL again.
AD 1993-1998
Currently a FA Battery XO
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

I think 3Fifty had his mind made up awhile ago, it was just a question of when. After he returned from Exodus he was a totally different person. Something was fucked up and if you didn't spend a lot of time with him you would have never noticed.

I should have been smart enough to kick his ass when he tried to leave but the last thing that crossed my mind was him going AWOL. It wasn't until he blew me off on the phone that I knew something was fucked up. When I came back and realized he never locked his locker and only left his gear is when it really dawned on me.

I think the final nail in the coffin for him was at SDM. I was going to leave this out but its probably relevant. He fell out of one of the runs. I chalked it up as a "bad day" for him. After that I had to practically drag his ass to work out but again I wrote it off and thought he just needed a kick in the ass.

I don't know his wife at all. But the fact that she's 24 and has a 7 year-old son says a little about her past. I would try to argue she changed over 7 years but after she lets her husband go AWOL in what smells like a "pity me" ploy I would chalk her up in the sniveling bitch category.

3Fifty fucked himself, on his own. The fact that he left out important information to his mentor and to myself says a little bit about his character deep down.

I hope they nab his ass and he learns.

-SDW
Last edited by SunDevilWrestler on February 1st, 2006, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

I was almost AWOL once.

Only cuz that bitches Grand Prix wouldn't go any faster than 120.
RSD 96-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Vee wrote:I was almost AWOL once.

I doubt you would have been missed. :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Unknown wrote:

That wouldn't hurt so bad if it wasn't true. :cry:

dick
RSD 96-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Unknown wrote:

Hey, someone has to make the coffee.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

This thread completely blows me away. Now I understand El Pollo Loco's remark in a thread the other day.

The crazy thing is that Jim and I were talking about it the other day at lunch.

What in the fuck is wrong with this fuck? None of us will ever be able to comprehend that kind of behaviour.

I remember a guy named Gallagher, who went to RIP with me and then got assigned to I believe A2/75. I went to C Co with four dudes, two went to B co and three went to HHC. The next day Gallagher had gone AWOL.

By the time six months were over there was one less at HHC and one was fixing to get canned in my company. Two years later there were five of us left that were tabbed and one minus the tab. The rest had been RFS'd.

Motivate yourself about this everytime they smoke your bags SDW!
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:I think 3Fifty had his mind made up awhile ago, it was just a question of when. After he returned from Exodus he was a totally different person. Something was fucked up and if you didn't spend a lot of time with him you would have never noticed.

I should have been smart enough to kick his ass when he tried to leave but the last thing that crossed my mind was him going AWOL. It wasn't until he blew me off on the phone that I knew something was fucked up. When I came back and realized he never locked his locker and only left his gear is when it really dawned on me.

I think the final nail in the coffin for him was at SDM. I was going to leave this out but its probably relevant. He fell out of one of the runs. I chalked it up as a "bad day" for him. After that I had to practically drag his ass to work out but again I wrote it off and thought he just needed a kick in the ass.

I don't know his wife at all. But the fact that she's 24 and has a 7 year-old son says a little about her past. I would try to argue she changed over 7 years but after she lets her husband go AWOL in what smells like a "pity me" ploy I would chalk her up in the sniveling bitch category.

3Fifty fucked himself, on his own. The fact that he left out important information to his mentor and to myself says a little bit about his character deep down.

I hope they nab his ass and he learns.

-SDW
Dont feel too bad. There are some things that you just don't think could actually happen that do. Similar circumstances for me. These two guys weren't my friends but at boot camp they always told us to tell the Drill Instructors IMMEDIATELY if any recruit ever talked about running away.

Well, one day this kid told me he wasn't going to make it and that he was gonna get the hell out of there. Of course it was Parris Island, there is no way off that island except through the swamp/water and I didn't take it seriously. Hell, we all have moments when things really suck but you just keep on going.

Point being, bout three nights later he and one other guy took off out the back hatch never to be seen again.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Bugsy wrote:
KW Driver wrote:you got it wrong Black, Bugs coached the quitter, some other dude taught SDW...
Check this out, I kept in constant contact with that motherfucker, coached, taught whatever the fuck you wanna call it. He never told he he got married was thinkin of it or anything else. So back the fuck up off of that bullshit. I can only provide guidance, how to prepare and what to expect, after that its up to the "individual" to perform. Up until this past weekend it appreared that I had done what was expected of me. Everyone who met the young lad kept callin me telling me how squared away he was, seemingly prepared properly, natural leader (as Kilted Heathen told me) and how motivated he "appreared" to be.

If he got bitch slapped by some broad who probably cared more about herself and her 7 year old child than for him and his future then that's a lesson he will certainly one day realize and have to learn on his own.

Any bitch who would allow her "husband", boyfriend or fuck mate to ruin his fuckin life by getting a dishonorable discharge and have an AWOL on his jacket for life ain't about shit IMO. I sure as hell know more than one Ranger in my day who chose to fuck off their Army Career for some pussy. And I've never known any of them fuckin relationships to work the fuck out. I for one do not feel as though I failed him in any way.

So kiss my black ass if any of you think I did. That's it and that's all.

He fucked up not me and I'm not about to entertain any slug ass thoughts of could I have done something else to get his ass better prepared. He damn well knows it I know it and anybody who met him prior to his fuck up will tell you the same.

You can never tell a mans true measure until he stands up to the task at hand and engages the mission that he volunteered to complete. And when put into that context he obviously did not merit the honor of serving as a U.S. Army Ranger or his Country.
hey brother, if I had any idea you were this torqued up about it I'd have never said it. everybody knows it ain't your fault. fuck him. he'd have quit a lot sooner without us here. think about that one for a few.

now, go get a drink, a hummer, and untwist your panties a few notches. remember who your brothers truly are when we flip you some shit. it's all good.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Sorry KW, I took it personal, in addition I put a great deal of time in with this dude and got fuckin fooled. I was completely floored when SunDevil Called me and I actually thought he was fuckin with me at first but realized from the tone in his voice that he wasn't.

But I'm man enough to apologize, certain things will piss me off real quick and I took it personal when I "interpreted" that some of my fellow Regnars thought I may not have put in a great deal of time with 3-Fifty.

I took being a mentor seriously, felt honored that SB thought I would be a good mentor for him, and did my best to prepare him so that he would be ready when the time came to represent and perform. I actually thought of him as my surrogate son in a way. I still would like to speak to him and hear from his own mouth what the fuck happened and why did just went AWOL. He's no dummy but he did something that was foolish and unfortunately there is no turning back now.

What I'm getting at is I took this mentor responsibility seriously and I actually thought he would make it, many people who witnessed him in action felt the same way. He worked very hard, to my knowledge did everything that I told him to, and seemingly had what it took. But deep inside he either didn't believe it, no longer wanted it, or got talked out of it. Whatever the fuckin reason its over with until the authorities catch up with him.

So again I apologize but I wouldn't have said what I said had I not felt as though my effort in getting the young man squared away was not being questioned.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Letters from School”