Not falling out for roll call

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Not falling out for roll call

Post by Steadfast »

Cat just reminded me of an item that happened to me when I was in AIT. I went home for the weekend and came back Sunday nite. I was feeling like I was running a fever. I crawled into my upper bunk and covered up. In the morning my bunk mate (Sammie) woke me and said we got to fall out. I told him I was sick as a dog and couldn't get up. I was staying in my bunk. I asked Sammie if they call my name just say here for me. Sammie was the person they called before me. We were arranged in the barracks the same way. Alphabetic Order. Well I was too sick to even go on sick call and nobody came to the barracks looking for me. I stayed in bed nearly 32 hours straight except for an occassional trip to the john. The next morning I felt like my old self and got up and did everything normal. I asked Sammie, "Did they miss me?" Sammie said, "No, you went every place I did!"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Cat

Post by Cat »

I bet Sammie is somewhere telling that story too :D
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

good friend. Ranger Steadfast could he and/or you have gotten in shit for that if caught?

Hopps
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I was just looking at Hopps avatar. :lol:...................... Funny stuff, Ranger Steadfast. :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Cat

Post by Cat »

When I was in we called it Falling In for formation/roll call not falling out
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Cat wrote:When I was in we called it Falling In for formation/roll call not falling out
Back in the "Olden Days" you would "fall out" of the barracks for formation. Once out side, you would "fall in" to formation.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

We always fell out too - out of the building.
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

or the car,or the bed,or the 5 ton :lol:
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”