did ya ever eat Sushi?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Black 6 wrote:now i like my food spicey, buy tabasco by the gallon, red pepper (cayenne) by the pound, i even have some stuff that you have to sign a waver saying you wont use it straight (only as an additive at 1tsp : 1gal mix) or that if you die after consuming it you and yours wont sue (its good for gumbo).

but one time i was eating at an asian resturant and i asked for the hot shit, tried it and it was lame so i grab a bottle of this green liquid hot sause, pour it on like it was ketchup, makeing a soup of my food with it. took a bite and my eyes started to sweat, then the rest of me. my eyes turned blood shot and my face looked like i had been spraied with red paint. my dad asks "are you ok" i choke out a "yep" and manage a "spicy" and that was it. i will say that i finished it and shit flames with in 20 min.

remind me to tell yall about the habanero pepper i ate as a dare some day.
Watched a Deadhead buddy of mine wipe out an enormous bar tab one night by snorting a line of Tabasco off the bar...
[/b]
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

K.Ingraham wrote:
Black 6 wrote:now i like my food spicey, buy tabasco by the gallon, red pepper (cayenne) by the pound, i even have some stuff that you have to sign a waver saying you wont use it straight (only as an additive at 1tsp : 1gal mix) or that if you die after consuming it you and yours wont sue (its good for gumbo).

but one time i was eating at an asian resturant and i asked for the hot shit, tried it and it was lame so i grab a bottle of this green liquid hot sause, pour it on like it was ketchup, makeing a soup of my food with it. took a bite and my eyes started to sweat, then the rest of me. my eyes turned blood shot and my face looked like i had been spraied with red paint. my dad asks "are you ok" i choke out a "yep" and manage a "spicy" and that was it. i will say that i finished it and shit flames with in 20 min.

remind me to tell yall about the habanero pepper i ate as a dare some day.
Watched a Deadhead buddy of mine wipe out an enormous bar tab one night by snorting a line of Tabasco off the bar...
Holy Shit.... I believe that's what you call that fire flaming ass toilet break you have to take after eating some of this stuff!!! Brother, I cannot even begin to express my sympathy for you. Nor can I imagine the balls it would take to snort tabasco off of a bar. Shit can you imagine that ramifications of that for how long? DAYUM!!!

I've gotten hooked on Thai food here and pretty much eat at this place a mile or so from my house two or three times a week. Between Tiger Beef and that Papaya/Shrimp dish (Magician, what's the name of that?) I live on fire and I think the good thing is that you have no desire to eat more than once a day. :wink: Stead, bring yourself on out here to KC, I have no idea why but there's a few pretty good Sushi places, I just cannot get into eating what should be dipped in some beer batter and fried. I can also hook you up with some of the best bbq in the world and get your mind off of that raw stuff... Of course, if you're going to make me laugh as hard in person with the Wasabi as you did in this thread, I'll take you for all the sushi you can eat.[/b]
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Stead,

I eat quite a bit of asian cuisine. Between the Korean I get on a regular basis, I eat Vietnamese and Japanese all the time. I actually eat more of that stuff than anything else.

Best price for the amount of food you will get in my area, tastes the best and is healthy for a multitude of reasons.

Try this right here with your rolls. You will have noticed it on the table.

A little droplet on a bite of food, or a couple squirts of it in a broth/soup like Pho or Sundeboo (sp) will make sure you give yourself a colonic, minus the tube :lol:

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Got watch my XO go a little to heavy on the wosabi today.....eyes bugged and sneezing
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Ranger Steadfast, FUNNY story! :lol: :lol: :lol:

First time I had sushi was at that sushi bar in downtown Savannah. My son and g/f took me there. I was spreading wasabi on like it was guacamole.... The waitress and the son were like stereo....NOOOOOO!!!! Right as I popped it into my mouth. :shock: I like it though, just learned to be a little more sparing with it. :wink: :lol:

Ranger Steadfast....you aren't the only one who didn't know what the green stuff was. :D
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Zonk 1/75 wrote: Ohhh Yeah! Love the Sriracha Matador! I put it on just about everything... 8)
:shock: Holy Crap Ranger Zonk 1/75! With that stuff you can fry an egg without a flame. Anyways, it would probably kill of anything that would make you sick if it didn't kill you. Cheers.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Sushi is good. I always enjoy a bite or two. 8)
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Haterade
Ranger

Sushi

Post by Haterade »

That was fuckin' histerical!

Ranger Matador275: I think that stuff is called Sambo sauce. I keep a bottle of it at home for all sorts of things.

Ranger rgrpuck: Yes I've been known to test my ability to handle my maximum limits of wasabi intake, but mostly by accident. BTW I didn't go today, we'll head out next week.

Haterade
CL 7-95
1-9 IN 95-96
2-58 IN 96-99
2-7 SFG(A) 00-02
JFKSWCS 02-03
03-Present 1-13 IN (formerly 2-28 IN)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”