OLD????

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

But we all grew up without wearing helmets when riding bikes, we organized our own baseball games, parents didn't drive us to soccer (Who played soccer back then?) or any other parental organized activities. We wore either leather tie shoes or PF Flyers or Keds. Everyone dressed up for church and Sunday School, we respected or were afraid of our teachers, and if I was in trouble at school I was automatically in trouble at home. Corporal punishment was legal and expected at home and in school. Because the school was heated with coal fired boilers we had cinder tracks to run on and cinders to put on icy streets and sidewalks.
Milk was delivered to the house in glass bottles.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Horned Toad wrote:So Andy how fast was that horse?
:lol: Fast enough to get over to Paul's house (Paul Revere) and bed his wife while he was out screaming some shit like, The British are coming. Course at the same time his wife was screaming..."Im Coming"....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Yeah and a man could go to war for 2-4 yrs and when he came all his shit was still there including his loyal and faithful wife.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Mine was the generation that was going to "fix" everything wrong with Society....the Age of Aquarius....seems we fucked things up beyond belief!

Sorry about that.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

DoorGunner wrote:
Unknown wrote:A/C was actually invented in the 20's. It was called "Ice Air".

Penicillin was discovered in 1928 (God your old) but not produced on a large scale until the mid 40's.

The reason why shit was a nickle back then was because you only made 10 cents an hour. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I could go to the movies and get a foot long candy bar for a nickle!"

I like these days....more targets of opportunity. :twisted:
Ya and I never made you wear a helmet riding your bike and look how you turned out. :shock: :wink:
I had him figured as being one of those kids who had to wear a helmet all the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Ouch!
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

EarthPig wrote:
DoorGunner wrote:
Unknown wrote:A/C was actually invented in the 20's. It was called "Ice Air".

Penicillin was discovered in 1928 (God your old) but not produced on a large scale until the mid 40's.

The reason why shit was a nickle back then was because you only made 10 cents an hour. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I could go to the movies and get a foot long candy bar for a nickle!"

I like these days....more targets of opportunity. :twisted:
Ya and I never made you wear a helmet riding your bike and look how you turned out. :shock: :wink:
I had him figured as being one of those kids who had to wear a helmet all the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
EP
In that case I probably should have gone to 2/75. Asshole.:lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Unknown wrote:
EarthPig wrote:
DoorGunner wrote: Ya and I never made you wear a helmet riding your bike and look how you turned out. :shock: :wink:
RLTW
EP
You wouldn't have lasted. Not allowed to shave your legs. :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

The Holmchicken wrote:
Unknown wrote:
EarthPig wrote: I had him figured as being one of those kids who had to wear a helmet all the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
EP
You wouldn't have lasted. Not allowed to shave your legs. :lol:
Kinda like not getting a tab huh? :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
H75thRangers
Ranger

Post by H75thRangers »

Ranger Slowpoke...good memories. Watching the Saturday nite fights at the neighbors house, walking to catholic school, "donating" some of your lunch money for the "less fortunate", listening to WLS (AM) on a clear summer's eve, seeing the insurance man collect his monthly premium, going to the grocery store and saying "put it on my mom's account, please", studying about a foreign country called "Viet-Nam" in freshman social studies, having Mother Theresa stop the basketball game because our President had been shot, watching the senior class depart for D.C. to pay their respects, seeing my Mom cry for the first time as the local CBS station showed little JFK Jr salute the coffin, listening to LBJ talk of the "civil rights" movement in the south, reading Life magazine cover to cover, getting the latest Columbia 33 rpm LP for the "free" turntable after buying just 10 albums, while listening to "West Side Story", watching the local Army recruiter talk my mother into signing for my 17 year old brother so that he may join the Army, only to be followed by the same ritual some three years later by myself. Those were the days!
H Co(Rgr) 75th Inf(Abn) 1st Cav RVN 9/69-5/72
3d Bde (Abn) 101st Abn Div Ft Campbell '72-'74
CENTAG, Seckenheim, Germany '74-'77

If you kill for pleasure, you're a sadist...
If you kill for money, you're a mercenary...
If you kill for both, you're a RANGER!!!
H75thRangers
Ranger

Post by H75thRangers »

Use to walk to school six miles in a foot of snow, up hill both ways

And parents never worried about your safety. If you were late getting home it was probably because you got detention or something similar. Different world, people cared about the youth and everyone protected them.....as Slowpoke said....our generation fucked it up!
H Co(Rgr) 75th Inf(Abn) 1st Cav RVN 9/69-5/72
3d Bde (Abn) 101st Abn Div Ft Campbell '72-'74
CENTAG, Seckenheim, Germany '74-'77

If you kill for pleasure, you're a sadist...
If you kill for money, you're a mercenary...
If you kill for both, you're a RANGER!!!
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob (What time is it?)....Beanie and Cecil(Gosh darn you D.J.).....Helms bakery had a goofy looking little truck that sold the best donuts (still warm) on wooden slide out trays in the back.....I was in Kindrgarten when we got the first TV set on the block (all the neighbors came over to watch it)....I got a transistor radio for my twelfth birthday (fucked up and got my allowance taken away and couldn't buy batteries)....I bought my first car at 16 for $20.00 (a '47 chevy, 2 door sedan) I was making $1.10 an hour working in a service station....gas was $.19/gal for "regular" and "ethyl" was $.23/gal, and we had to wash ALL the windows, check the water, oil, and tire pressure on a fill up.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “The Mosh Pit”