OSUT SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Geek
Ranger

OSUT SITREP

Post by Geek »

Sand Hill has shut down for exodus and I’m at home with some spare time. I thought I would let the ArmyRanger.com community know how OSUT has been going.

My company wrapped up our FTX on the 10th and have started recovery. So I’m about done with OSUT with graduation being on January 13th. I only speak for myself when I say the training was disappointing. The Drill Sergeants work very long, hard hours don’t get me wrong; but it seemed that they were tired and gave less than 100% in training our company. Discipline wasn’t a high priority and us trainees were allowed to just go through the motions. During our FTX one of my platoon’s Drill Sergeants actually apologized for how lackluster our training was. It appears as if they’re merely passing us through so we are someone else’s problem (“you’ll get more training at your unitâ€
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: OSUT SITREP

Post by Jim »

SnafuRacer wrote:
lawschoolgeek wrote:This news is unrelated to the Army, but I found out in November that I passed the New York and New Jersey bar exams!!
BTW, congrats on passing the bar. Now you can be the official "Barracks Lawyer" 8)

Well, you are on your way to bigger and better things. Please continue to keep us aware of what's going on as you progress. Looking forward to hearing your assessment of RIP.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Basic Training has been an issue for a long time. It was pretty weak when I went thru also.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

As a leader all I need for basic training to do is (In no particular Order):

1. Teach you your left foot from your right
2. Teach you the proper order to put your uniform on ( I hate when soldiers show up to formation wearing the T-Shirt over the BDU top)
3. The proper form for executing the Push-up and Sit-up
4. Make sure you can run 50 Meters without dying
5. How and when to render a proper hand salute
7. How to switch your weapon from Safe to Semi and then back to safe

Myself and my subordinate leaders will teach you:

1. How to Shoot
2. How to Ruck
3. How to Pass an APFT
4. How to survive
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Silverback wrote:As a leader all I need for basic training to do is (In no particular Order):

1. Teach you your left foot from your right
2. Teach you the proper order to put your uniform on ( I hate when soldiers show up to formation wearing the T-Shirt over the BDU top)
3. The proper form for executing the Push-up and Sit-up
4. Make sure you can run 50 Meters without dying
5. How and when to render a proper hand salute
7. How to switch your weapon from Safe to Semi and then back to safe

Myself and my subordinate leaders will teach you:

1. How to Shoot
2. How to Ruck
3. How to Pass an APFT
4. How to survive
Air Fucking Borne, Fo shizzle!

I give less than a fuck what snuffy learns when he comes in. He's going to be trained all over again...MY WAY. :twisted:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
steelhead
Embryo

Post by steelhead »

Atty Geek,

Congrats on passing the bar exams and welcome to the club. Pretty lame club, but welcome nonetheless.

Sounds like things are going well for you. I'm on week nine, looking forward to FTX after exodus. We're in ACU's and although I didn't like them at first, I've gotten used to them and can't imagine wearing anything else. My company is wearing Mich's, carrying M16's, CCO's, and each platoon has a handful of PAQ4's. No NODS.

I haven't been able to stay healthy and have battled constant respiratory problems. As has our entire platoon. My PT scores have dropped, which is frustrating.

Fortunatly my platoon got good Drill Sergeants and the only tabbed DS in the company. The downside is that they split up the Ranger and SF contracts, so there's only five Ranger contracts in my platoon. We're infested with lazy shitbags, and it really hampers our progress and training. I never would have imagined that an all volunteer Army would attract people who seem to have no desire to succeed or interest in being decent soldiers. The Drill Sergeants do what they can, but some of these people are really hopeless. They get punished over and over again and nothing seems to help. Total fucking shitbags.

Anyway, good to hear you're doing well. Hope you're enjoying exodus as much as I am.

Return to “Letters from School”