General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Southern_Brit
Tadpole

Post by Southern_Brit »

Rimmel wrote:
Southern_Brit wrote:
SkyShark wrote: The Scotish ARE the best of the British. :lol: :lol:

At least, someone knows the Scottish are British.

Anyway, I was refering to the movie and it's British actors and crew and not the book.
At least ShyShark got that my comment was a joke! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I chose to ignore it...I'm English! :wink:
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

Saw 'Walk The Line' last night, that's one hell of a movie. Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon did all their own singing, as well as the other actors, and that really made it better in my opinion.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Just came from AEON FLUX, it's an okay flick.

Some of the Action is a little much but it follows the HBO cartoon pretty well, for those who remember it.

I saw 3 out of 5 stars. Probably #1 at the box office this weekend because it's new.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I took my five year old to see "The Polar Express" at Omnimax.

Anything that can keep him sitting still and quiet for an hour and 45 minutes is very impressive. :D
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

IntelToad wrote:I took my five year old to see "The Polar Express" at Omnimax.

Anything that can keep him sitting still and quiet for an hour and 45 minutes is very impressive. :D
Great movie, I took my nephew to see it last year. I think it's going to become a Christmas classic...
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Rimmel wrote:

Great movie, I took my nephew to see it last year. I think it's going to become a Christmas classic...
I agree.

I'll be posting a review of The Chronicles of Narnia on Friday evening for all who want to wait to see it.

ALSO:

JAN 6- Underworld 2:Evolution, Bloodrayne

I'll be in line to check those out, too.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

hit_it wrote:
Rimmel wrote:

I agree.

I'll be posting a review of The Chronicles of Narnia on Friday evening for all who want to wait to see it.

ALSO:

JAN 6- Underworld 2:Evolution, Bloodrayne

I'll be in line to check those out, too.
Kate Beckinsale.... in tight leather... mmmm.

:shock:
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

hit_it wrote:
Rimmel wrote:

I agree.

Went to see it tonight, great movie!!! I read the book along time ago in grade school so I was excited to see the movie. I'm interested in hearing your comments...

I understand that a lot of parents will want to take their kids to see it, but I don't think young kids should see it. The War scenes, I feel, would not be good for the younger ones...
--
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I saw an excellent movie that just came out on DVD this Saturday and that was Cinderella Man. The true story of Heavyweight Champ James Braddock who fought during the depression era.

One of the best movies about character in a man, the importance of hard work & purpose that I've seen in quite some time.

5 out of 5 stars
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Rimmel wrote:
hit_it wrote:
Rimmel wrote:Great movie, I took my nephew to see it last year. I think it's going to become a Christmas classic...
I agree.

Went to see it tonight, great movie!!! I read the book along time ago in grade school so I was excited to see the movie. I'm interested in hearing your comments...

I understand that a lot of parents will want to take their kids to see it, but I don't think young kids should see it. The War scenes, I feel, would not be good for the younger ones...
Brought the kids to see Chronicles of Narnia Friday night... It was great!

Personally, I didn't think the war scenes were bad... not too graphic, (no blood). My kids have been pretty sheltered and they loved it... Courtney had read all the books a few years back, so she really enjoyed comparing the movie and the book. It was all new to Zach.

On the other hand, a few weeks back we went to see Zathura- great movie too! But, poor Zach was freaked out by the Aliens... :lol: He has since recovered and wants all the Zathura junk now... :lol: :lol: 8)

Kids are so cool. :D
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Julieanne wrote:
Rimmel wrote:
hit_it wrote: I agree.

Personally, I didn't think the war scenes were bad... not too graphic, (no blood). My kids have been pretty sheltered and they loved it... Courtney had read all the books a few years back, so she really enjoyed comparing the movie and the book. It was all new to Zach.

On the other hand, a few weeks back we went to see Zathura- great movie too! But, poor Zach was freaked out by the Aliens... :lol: He has since recovered and wants all the Zathura junk now... :lol: :lol: 8)

I was really thinking about the 'death' scene 8) . I know my 5 year old nephew wouldn't have been able to sit through that...He loves animals too much :cry:

But he's seen the Lord of the Rings and lots of others. I still cry when I watch the Lion King with him lol :D
--
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Rimmel wrote:
Julieanne wrote:
Rimmel wrote: Went to see it tonight, great movie!!! I read the book along time ago in grade school so I was excited to see the movie. I'm interested in hearing your comments...

I was really thinking about the 'death' scene 8) . I know my 5 year old nephew wouldn't have been able to sit through that...He loves animals too much :cry:

But he's seen the Lord of the Rings and lots of others. I still cry when I watch the Lion King :D
Definitely depends on the individual kiddo...

But, that was a heavy scene...
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

A little King Kong, the original, trivia. The backgrounds used in the original were burned for the Gone with the Wind scene where Atlanta was burning. My gandfather also worked on the contruction of the King Kong sets.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Tonight is Bloodrayne.

I'll give an update after the movie.

I think it's gonna be a corny movie, but it's my kind of flick, so I'll check it out anyway.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “The Mosh Pit”