Another FNG intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RedDevil1504
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Operation Just Cause

Post by RedDevil1504 »

RangerJurena wrote:I wonder if any of the 75% of your company with "mustard stains" ever let you know about us having to cut them out of the trees, or having to show them on a map exactly where they were supposed to be.

I wonder if one of them was the 203 gunner I slapped because his vest was still in his rucksack.

Perhaps they were some of the ones who performed a DAYLIGHT comabat parachute jump while I was eating Chicken A La King.

That being said..welcome.
RangerJurena,

Thank you for your welcome. As for our 203 gunner, I would say you were performing good leadership :D

Christmas day I just got home from work at a movie theater - the news was screaming about the 82nd taking off to jump into Panama (around midnight now) and you had just jumped in an hour later. I also thank you for kicking ass and taking names and returning on one piece!

All criticism of ineptitude on the part of a few, The men I served with in Cco were honorable Paratroopers and excellent mentors. The men and women who have and will work for me are better because of the Red Devils.

As for your comment about watching them jumping in the daylight, that wasn't my guys. Cco 1/504 dropped around 0200 at a distance of between 4-7k from the DZ. They assembled in a few hours and did an air assault on Tinajitas later that morning (TF BRAVO).
“If your gonna be stupid, you better be hardâ€
RedDevil1504
US Army Vet (Airborne)

About self

Post by RedDevil1504 »

msg_dman wrote:Welcome, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
Ranger msg_dman,

Missed your message earlier. I am currently in the Guard and a member of a computer incident response team, and all around computer geek :wink: . I transferred this semester to Oklahoma State University, for a BS in Computer Science, switching from a BS in Athletic Training. So my ass will be here for a long time...

I have been throwing around Kettlebells for fun for several years since returning from Bosnia. There is a really unique/great organization here in Oklahoma, The WWII Airborne Demonstration Team. When I get some money together I am going to join this organization and start jumping static line again! I have my main, just need to get all the other related expensive stuff… (www.wwiiadt.org) For some reason, lost the urge to keep skydiving.

(Incidentally, if any of you need any computer/IT advice I can help out.)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site Airborne!!!
RedDevil1504
US Army Vet (Airborne)

That is impressive!

Post by RedDevil1504 »

RTO wrote:Welcome to the site Airborne!!!
That looks like some fucking awesome body armor you have! Do you guys manufacture replacement plates for the current system? If I understand your site correctly, that material can take repeated hits better than the current Kevlar plate, and weighs less. How does it compare to the Russian bodyarmor with the titanium insert?

Good luck with your business.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: SGT Spellman

Post by centermass »

RedDevil1504 wrote:
RedDevil1504-Remember Spellman during MFO?[/quote]

Ranger centermass

I believe he was the guy the rock that hadn't moved in 2,000 years, moved over, giving us a range with his name on it. I can't remember the guy who survived though.[/quote]

Yeah.

A one ton rock and the wrong place at the wrong time. Who would have guessed? That one had fate written all over it. Wasn't anything anyone could do. I was running one of the EIB lanes (Call for fire) and saw it when it happened. Man, what a bitch.

I can't remember the other one's name, but he was lucky man that day.

Enjoy the site and thank you for your service.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome young Sky Soldier.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
RedDevil1504
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by RedDevil1504 »

centermass wrote:
RedDevil1504 wrote:
RedDevil1504-Remember Spellman during MFO?
Yeah.

A one ton rock and the wrong place at the wrong time. Who would have guessed? That one had fate written all over it. Wasn't anything anyone could do. I was running one of the EIB lanes (Call for fire) and saw it when it happened. Man, what a bitch.

I can't remember the other one's name, but he was lucky man that day.

Enjoy the site and thank you for your service.[/quote]

Ranger centermass,

The guy who survived told us about how they flew him to Eliat. The Israli doctors wanted to amputate his legs, he wouldn't let em. I believe he was jumping again, after we returend about 6-12 months later!

I seem to remember someone from 1st platoon becoming a Fayetteville cop. Would this be you?
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

RedDevil1504 wrote:Ranger centermass,

The guy who survived told us about how they flew him to Eliat. The Israli doctors wanted to amputate his legs, he wouldn't let em. I believe he was jumping again, after we returend about 6-12 months later!

I seem to remember someone from 1st platoon becoming a Fayetteville cop. Would this be you?
Fayetteville? :shock:

Nope.

Got away from there as fast as I could. 8)

I like hanging with my homies, but it's safer here doing it this way than there, up close and personal :D

I got real bad breath as it is
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome Youngster.....Would tell you to "make a note"...but see you have used all of your paper. :lol:
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Hmmmm....we were in Italy at the same time. You ended up with SLB? You may perhaps know a good friend of mine and fellow Ranger then. Welcome.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
H75thRangers
Ranger

Post by H75thRangers »

W E L C O M E ....started reading your intro on the 15th, just finished, kept forgetting where I dozed off.... "Brevity" AA, brevity! :shock:
H Co(Rgr) 75th Inf(Abn) 1st Cav RVN 9/69-5/72
3d Bde (Abn) 101st Abn Div Ft Campbell '72-'74
CENTAG, Seckenheim, Germany '74-'77

If you kill for pleasure, you're a sadist...
If you kill for money, you're a mercenary...
If you kill for both, you're a RANGER!!!
av8trgirl
Tadpole

Post by av8trgirl »

Hello and Welcome

Av8tr

4/1990 -12/1996 USAF Comm/Nav and Radar
436 AGS, DAFB, DE - 37th ALS RMAB and RAB, GE
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Welcome to the site.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?

Return to “Introduction Archive”