APFT scores

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ray
Tadpole

APFT scores

Post by Ray »

for all the current rangers,
were you guys maxing the APFT before you even shipped out for basic?

DEP guys - what are your scores like right now?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I had it made, since I was an old fart...didn't have to do as many. I always maxed it, even in Bat. But the problem was, when you maxed it, they made you sew this little President's Fitness Award patch on your PT shirt and it was like a bullseye for the SPC4 Mafia. I even caught shit for that patch by SPC4's from other companies! So the moral of the story is....there is no max. Even if you max it, they'll find more!
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on May 16th, 2003, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

yukk, seriously, ya gotta stop braggin about your apft scores and the fitness you are in, really, we get the message man.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I NEVER maxed a PT test until AFTER I was in Bn. I didn't max one at RIP, although I think I scored around 270 or so at the time. I sucked at running distances as short as two miles quickly, but excelled at running long distances. Best run at Bn was a 12:03. I always maxed pushups prior to RIP and maxed situps while at RIP. While in BN, I NEVER failed to max a PT test.

The thing I did before I became a Ranger that gave me the idea that I had no limits, or nothing that could hold me back from what I wanted to accomplish is that I completed a double century bike ride. And, I had never heard of a double century before deciding to ride it. It was on a Wednesday that I read an article that the Davis Double Century would be held on the coming weekend. I had about 3-4 training rides under my belt thus far that spring. I decided right then that I would ride it and I completed it.

I can't tell you how many people I passed that had invested a lot in training but were not mentally committed to the idea of completing the ride. These were the people who whined as they pedaled up the hills and who I openly laughed at as I passed.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”