Towedjmpr's new ride.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Towedjmpr's new ride.

Post by Towedjmpr »

2005 Honda VTX 1800N

After adding the bags, backrest and windshield.
Last edited by Towedjmpr on September 20th, 2005, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Why didn't you get a Harley if you wanted a V-twin?
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Sweet Ride brother! I like the color, it's about the same as my Fat Boy, a little darker though.

BTW, I have some extra long grain rice in the cabinent if you need some extra fuel. :shock: :lol:

Keep the rubber side down Ranger Buddy!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

My last bike was a Yamaha FJ1100 that I bought in 1984, owned it until late summer 1986 and my next bike will probably be a BMW. But was just wondering why the Honda, not trying to give you crap for your choice of ride.

Nice bike.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Spartan wrote:Why didn't you get a Harley if you wanted a V-twin?
The VTX1800, with all factory accesories was $14,800. That includes a 4 year warranty and taxes. The Heritage Softail is close to $20K.

And, I like to ride, not fix. Not to mention the liquid cooled system helps in the summer.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Fix what? :D The days of AMF Harley are Loooooooong gone.

Besides, you have a pretty bike (For a chick) :D

Although, I will say having a liquid cooled system would be nice in the middle of the summer, I have to "white line" it sometimes 'cause of the heat.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Bravo57 wrote:Fix what? :D The days of AMF Harley are Loooooooong gone.

Besides, you have a pretty bike (For a chick) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although, I will say having a liquid cooled system would be nice in the middle of the summer, I have to "white line" it sometimes 'cause of the heat.
I tried to convince the wife that the Heritage was worth the money, but not quite yet.

-- Dave Barry
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

So, I have a quick story to tell you. I had 2 savings accounts growing up in BN. 1 for me and 1 for my Harley. When the time came, I took the old lady to the dealer and they were rolling a brand new Fat Boy from the back with some chrome additions that the guy before me had odered for the bike. Come to find out, he had no way to get the money for it and his credit was crap. The dealer had just found out and was pissed.

I asked the sales dude, "Hey, whose bike is that?" he said "yours if you want it". So I told him, "great, start the paperwork and take all that chrome off, I don't want it." Long story short, it was Saturday near closing, and nobody wanted to stay and feel the pain but me. :D I ended up getting all the extra stuff for free because the parts guy and sales dude didn't want to stay. I also didn't have to go on a wait list for a Fat Boy! :D

Moral of the story: Shop for vehicles late Saturday evening right before closing, All they want to do is leave!

Lets Ride Brother!

P.S. Sorry, it has to be done..... Here is TJ getting ready for a long ride with friends.

B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

All I see are red Xs. Are the pics still up?
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

ROFLMAO

I can ride for months!

Yes Cal, the pics are still up.

-- Dave Barry
CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

Fucking cool bike, bro! I love the color. Seriously though, you need a toolbox instead of hanging all your shit on the walls. I mean, really, who hangs electrical tape up in their garage? :lol:
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

The toolboxes are full and the 6 is to lazy to put anything back.

-- Dave Barry
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Bravo57 wrote: Although, I will say having a liquid cooled system would be nice in the middle of the summer, I have to "white line" it sometimes 'cause of the heat.
Ranger Bravo57, get a billet oil cooler for the bike. I have one on my Fat Boy and it never over heats. Even on the hottest days and only going around town it won't get too hot. They're about $300 but worth every penny. They thread right on and you can get them in black or chrome. You won't regret it.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Nice saddlebags! Looks like a great place to stuff the kids in when you go for a ride.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Rugger
Ranger

Post by Rugger »

I got my Heritage Softail Classic for just under 17,000 brand new last year. I am not knocking the Honda but the Harley will hold its value a lot better.
A 3/75 86-88 Ranger Class 12-87

Return to “The Mosh Pit”