Moderator: Site Admin

Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Historic times

80% of New Orleans under water
Hundreds feared dead in Mississippi alone
Damage estimates are in the billions of dollars

This storm is shaping up to be the worst natural disaster in American history…
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I just want to make it very clear that all looters and law breakers need to be dealt with!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Let's hear it for Martial law!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I hear it will take 90 days maybe more for waters to recede. In this case martial law is a must. Tent cities need to be in placed and people fed and medical assistance sent ASAP.

Jesus h it looks like hell down there.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

NO Times Picayune Breaking News WeBLOG

Children's Hospital under siege

Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

Exactly Ranger Silverback.

I can distinctly remember "Shoot on sight" orders by the Governors and mayors after H. Betsy and Camille.

Now, looters are being advised that they will be "dealt with severely". I guess that means possibly even arrested.

NG and Reserve MP Batts are in urgent need as the local cops/deputies are simply reaching the end of their endurance/effectiveness after 4 nights/5 days of extended duty schedules.

Coupled with the fact that New Orleans isn't alone. There is damage up into MS and AL, even up into GA, TN, and KY.

What a mess. And the civil situation is probably going to get much worse.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Spoke with a client of mine who happens to be a guard at Brushy Mountain State Penn (the same prison where the guard was killed by the Hyatts a couple of weeks ago). Evidently the State of TN is sending prison guards down there starting tommorrow to assist in the looting control.

There have been reports today of fires in the French Quarter. Sound slike the looters have started committing arson now too, and if the French Quarter gets going good, the whole damn thing will burn down to the ground. Well, at least to the water level. FEMA better grab their nuts and get this fucking looting under control in a big fucking hurry.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

A contingent of approx 40 Firemen, emergency workers, packed emergency supplies on a semi rig and were headed down to LA yesterday.

Said one of the men leaving, "The country responded during our disaster back on 9/11/01 and we intend to help them during there time of need."

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Gas

Post by RGR_Dan »

Katrina knocked out two oil pumping stations so everyone here freaked out today about the gas. Yesterday the prices were 2.49 a gal. I paid 3.69 today and watched hadji change the price to 3.99. They are rationing here and there are Deputies at the major gas stations. Some stations were charging 2.99 a gal but you could only get $5.00. Several fights and cars ramming others to get gas. GOODTIMES!
FAST FORWARD-----> My wife calls and says " If we run out of gas how are they going to deliver pizza?"
Dan hangs up on wife......
wife calls back
Dan says " Honey you are soooo smart"
More was said but I won't go there.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

SSG H8R wrote:FUCK ME IN THE GOAT ASS BATMAN!!! :shock:

I filled up my wifes car. Gas went from 2.45 to 3.05 in 4 hours. These fuckers are a bunch of fucking theifs. They should all get the itchy butt syndrome with casts on their hands so they can not scratch.
You said it!

It's a simple case of supply and demand!.......................They have it................we want it..........................So they will get what they want for it! :evil:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

http://www.stfunoob.com/nola/scanner.pls

New Orleans police scanner. Can hear some interesting shit on it.
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I live in Hattiesburg MS which is 140 miles from NO and about 70 from the coast when katrina hit us the winds were still 105 mph. Our area is called the pine belt of mississippi, for those of you that do not know pine tree roots grow out instead of down this caused thousands of downed trees in our area.. I had four fall in my yard alone. We were very lucky in that none fell on our house or us for that matter. There will be no power or water in my town for an etimated 3 to 4 weeks. Last night we left a soon as the roads were cleared and arrived at my sisters house north of houston at 4 in the morning. I will post some pictures as soon as i can get them sent to mt e-mail address.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The Mosh Pit”