introduction-chris

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Welcome to you and good luck in your endeavors.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome emt :lol:

Now get the proper avatar for male civilans - go to profile, scroll down to show gallery - pick either from NEWT or NEWT2 for your avatar. You are not being singled out. Your avatar type to pick is customary for your category on this site.

Your fellow NEWT thursday is in the medical profession too.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Top J
Tadpole

Post by Top J »

Welcome
Top J
Active Duty Marine
22 years Airborne Grad.
MOS 2149,2142/41,8153,9962
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Welcome and Good Luck!
caliman
Embryo

Post by caliman »

Sorry for not explaining,
Im from the bay area and had some shoulder surgery over 2 1/2 yrs ago to fix some tendons but not a rotator cuff or anything. last year towards my final signing day at the MEPS they informed me that with a waiver i could not get the Ranger contract, my recruiter and i both did not know that. They then wanted me to join a whole different mos. After talking to my brother, who was in the 82nd and a good friend who is Regimental Recon I have gone through a different recruiter at this time and he is saying that i can possibly get the Ranger contract.He has had me get letters from my doctor that performed the surgary and he wrote specificaly that my shoulder is 100% and is ready for the demands of Airborne School and the Ranger Contract. I would like to know if any of you could help me out possibly and if there is any way for me to recieve the contract?
Thanks Fellas
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

caliman wrote:Sorry for not explaining,
Im from the bay area and had some shoulder surgery over 2 1/2 yrs ago to fix some tendons but not a rotator cuff or anything. last year towards my final signing day at the MEPS they informed me that with a waiver i could not get the Ranger contract, my recruiter and i both did not know that. They then wanted me to join a whole different mos. After talking to my brother, who was in the 82nd and a good friend who is Regimental Recon I have gone through a different recruiter at this time and he is saying that i can possibly get the Ranger contract.He has had me get letters from my doctor that performed the surgary and he wrote specificaly that my shoulder is 100% and is ready for the demands of Airborne School and the Ranger Contract. I would like to know if any of you could help me out possibly and if there is any way for me to recieve the contract?
Thanks Fellas
It's all good.
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Welcome and the best of luck
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

Caliman, who are you speaking to?. Since you obviously can't follow what I wrote in your PM, here it is again.

[quote="SunDevilWrestler"]3.)Address site members properly from the position of “Parade Rest.â€
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Just remember to address Rangers on this site as Ranger, not fellas. It'll save you alot of anguish. If all you had was some tendon tightening, you should be good. Even with rotator cuff damage, providing you had a good surgeon and even better rehab, you would still be good. Make sure the muscles, tendon, rotator cuff, etc. in your shoulder are properly rehabed and strengthened. I can not emphasize that enough. Good luck.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
caliman
Embryo

Post by caliman »

Ranger The Holmchicken,
I had had surgary over 2 1/2 yrs. ago and am fully recovered but even with my doctrors letter that performed the surgary the MEPS still waivered me, but my recruiter thinks that i might still be able to get the option 40 but im not quite sure?

Caliman
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Who said you can't train a monkey? :wink:

You will be fine to sign up if you are pretty much fixed up by now. Listen to Ranger Holmchicken, as he is the SME on all that shit and how it pertains to your time in the Army.

Best of luck and remember to listen to the DEP's.
mikelogics
Tadpole

Post by mikelogics »

caliman wrote:Ranger The Holmchicken,
I had had surgary over 2 1/2 yrs. ago and am fully recovered but even with my doctrors letter that performed the surgary the MEPS still waivered me, but my recruiter thinks that i might still be able to get the option 40 but im not quite sure?

Caliman
Sorry for not explaining,
Thanks Fellas
surgary???
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

SFOC Class 77-94
Tm Ldr, SF Tm 1302 95-96
CO, 12th SF Co. SFR(A) SOCOM PA 97-99
CO, 66th Infantry Battalion 10th Infantry Divison, Philippine Army (current)
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Welcome
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

caliman wrote:Ranger The Holmchicken,

Caliman
So let me get this straight, you got waivered to come in the Army? Waivers are a good thing. Here's the test: Go to a pull-up bar, hang and completely lock your elbows out, along with your shoulder. Just a straight dead hang. If your shoulder doesn't pop right the fuck out, then your good. If it stays in, go for the Option 40. I got a Ranger contract with four pieces of titanium in my upper jaw, fake teeth and four inches of small intestine resectioned (i.e. removed). So if you can do a dead hang and go across a set of monkey bars without dislocating yo' shit, then there is no reason to not pursue the Option 40.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Introduction Archive”