Russian man lives for 62 years with a bullet in his heart

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Thursday
Tadpole

Russian man lives for 62 years with a bullet in his heart

Post by Thursday »

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/361 ... ullet.html
The young man recovered in a field hospital only 12 days after the injury. A surgeon surprised Stepan only three months later: the doctor told him that he had been wounded directly in the heart. The bullet went into the man's throat, plunged into the body between the collar-bones, severed lungs and stuck in the pericardial pleura.

When the wounded soldier wondered if doctors were going to take the bullet out of his heart, the surgeon answered that he would have to continue his life with it. "If we take it out, you will die instantly. Now you will need to eat a lot, in order to accumulate fat around the bullet," the doctor said.

Thats pretty awesome. I don't imagine that there are too many people that have been shot in the heart and still have the bullet in there to prove it.
Juan45
Embryo

Post by Juan45 »

...how 'bout one with a bullet in his head. I was in OEF and the SF guys were doing a local "sick call" when this guy walks in complaining of a constant headache and blurry vision. When asked how long he had this problem he replied in the years. He then whipped out some exrays with a 7.62x39 right in the middle of his head...no shit. point down right between the lobes of his brain. He had no scar...on further questioning he revealed that he was victim of "celebratory fire", a common tradition in the region, and had lived with it because he did not have the money for brain surgury
Swimmin' Elvises
CDQC 1-94
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Desert Sloth wrote:The fucker had walked 40 miles through shitty ass Mountainous terrain in order to get the treatment he needed, I felt almost bad enough to open the cell and tell the fucker to go about his travels....what a hard son of a bitch.
You sent the fucker back didn't you....fuckin prick :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

:lol:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

:D and I thought a 30k movments with 40lbs sucked ass....how wrong I was...

Return to “Medical Issues”