Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Welcome.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
kellisully

Post by kellisully »

~Welcome and good luck~
kellisully

Post by kellisully »

kellisully wrote:~Welcome and good luck~
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

usaftacp wrote:I've got one well on his way and from last report doing very well...

What do you have that would make me take any interest in your going into my wondrous world of TAC-P'dom?

Take the time to read the DEP pm you have received, study it and know the rules and reg's of this site before you make one single post ANYWHERE!!! Then, let me know what your PT scores are, the DEP's will help you with this by PM, let me know why you want to be a TAC-P and let me know what makes you think you would make it in our world and I will do my best to answer your questions. Then we'll see how you're doing from there...
Respect this man and do whatsoever he says that it may go well with you and your days may be long on the earth.

And welcome! You've come to the right place. Dig in and work it out.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Welcome to you and good luck in your endeavors.
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Welcome and Good Luck!
UneasyRider
USAF Veteran

Post by UneasyRider »

Welcome to the site InfoLocust. Not too long ago I was in a similar situation as yourself. I was joining the Air Force to do TACP and was thinking of doing SERE. When I got to BMT basically TACP recruiters never showed up. I stuck in the general bucket, meaning I had a list of 10 jobs and 5min to pick 3 or 4. I kept asking whoever I could find about TACP and always heard the 3rd week they will brief my BMT squadron. 3rd week came and nothing 4th week I was assigned to do Security Forces. Which is a big time job right now, they need numbers and pull just about everyone in the general area. I'm not sure what happened with me I was pretty confident I was going at least have a shot at TACP. People tell me I should blame the recruiters but I don't know. Like they say though you cannot cry over spilled milk so I'm moving on and will be looking to crosstrain when the time comes. My advice to you is to contact the recruiters at Lackland yourself and try to make sure they are looking to pick you up. From my understanding, pure and simple TACP did not recruit from my BMT at all cause no one I spoke to wanted to do TACP and no one got TACP. However, I have heard that about 4 weeks before I was here TACP recruited quite a few people.

Best of luck to you bro and listen to VAK he's an outstanding mentor.
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Welcome

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome Young Man Please pay attention to VAK :D
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Welcome to the Site...

VAK is the SME on all things TACP.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

InfoLocust wrote:Thanks for the welcomes and I'm sorry to hear that Uneasyrider, hopefully you'll get a chance later if that's still what you want to do.
STFU

UneasyRider was letting you know the pitfalls that lay ahead of you. He don't need your consolation or well wishes. The point you are missing is how are you going to avoid having this shit happen to you smart ass.

Read, read, and read some more. Use the search button.

Welcome. Don't let the words spoken here by many fall on deaf ears.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Top J
Tadpole

Post by Top J »

Good Luck Kid
Top J