Back to Bn.

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Donitz-
Welcome! I was in 2/75 the same time you were. I was in A Co from '88-'89...3rd Platoon. What Co were you in?
I was also a law enforcement officer, before and after my enlistment. I wish that I could get back in. I'm 45 now, so they won't even talk to me about it.
Good luck to you. Oh, and if you get the chance, you might shoot Doc a PM...he'd be a good one to talk to about your medic questions.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Post by Guest »

Hey, thought of 1 more thing. I remember getting back from RIP (I think) and there was this "older" guy who used to be a cop in Texas I think it was. Can't remember his name but 1 of the guys I work with said he met him a while back and they were talking about Bn., police work, etc. as he was a cop here in Wa.........Hmmmmm, could that be you?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Anonymous wrote:Hey, thought of 1 more thing. I remember getting back from RIP (I think) and there was this "older" guy who used to be a cop in Texas I think it was. Can't remember his name but 1 of the guys I work with said he met him a while back and they were talking about Bn., police work, etc. as he was a cop here in Wa.........Hmmmmm, could that be you?
Could it be that the friend you're referring to is Shawn Gustafson (sp?), Tacoma PD, part of some kind of special task force that takes down crack houses??? If so, it is indeed a very small world!

I worked for the Harris County Sheriff's Dept. in Houston for 8 years. Then I enlisted and ended up in Ft. Lewis (2nd Bat) for 1 1/2 years. After I got out of the Army (medical), I could barely walk....no one would hire me. I went back to school for a couple years, and worked on getting my back healed.

After that, I worked for Weyerhaueser Timber as a special security officer, specializing in covert spying on contract loggers (making sure they weren't ripping off timber), and working timber theft cases. When my back was fully healed, I got a law enforcement job with the Quinault Indian Nation, working under their Dept. of Natural Resources as a Resource Protection Officer. This was a fully commissioned slot, where I was expected to enforce local, State, Tribal, and Federal laws.

If Shawn is the guy you work with, I met him through a mutual LE buddy in Montesano (where we lived). Tell Shawn hello...he's probably still pissed at me for squirting whipped cream all over his house and girlfriend at his going away party...but that's another story...

RLTW
EP
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

donitz wrote:Thought of one more thing. If you want I can get in touch with Shawn and let him know what your up to.
That would be great! I'll PM you with my email address. Watch your six out there.
RLTW
EP

Return to “Introduction Archive”