Darksaga

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Silverback wrote:I reccomend the "Prison barter" system, "You gimme' a pack of smokes and you can have him for the night".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Darksaga wrote:
Top J wrote:WTF is the other side?
WTF did you do in the Corps? ( MED Board)
WTF did you serve in the Corps?
WTF Your already being called a jackass!

Damn Marine! Square your self away
Sir,

To clarify, The otherside is the Army OCS website where I have met a few Rangers such as Ranger Silvertback, Ranger Puck and Ranger Kilted Heathen.

I was a machinist in the Corps with experience on both ground side and air wing. MOS 2161. I went through boot in San Diego, Combat training at Camp Pendelton. MOS school at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Camp Kinser, Okinawa with 3rd FSSG, El Toro with MALS-11 and Miramar with MALS-11.

AMEDD Board is a commissioning process for the medical side of the Army. It appears I will either work with the rehabilitation of wounded personell or hospital administration.

I was already being called a jackass because I did not show the proper respect to Ranger Silverback on the other site prior to knowing who he was.
Why the hell didn't you post this crap in the beginning of your introduction? Some of us didn't know wtf you were talking about, with that 'other side' shit. What's up with that avatar?

Oh, welcome.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Apparently the avatar is courtesy of site admin.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Darksaga wrote:Apparently the avatar is courtesy of site admin.
Oooorrr it could be that someone is thinking you seem like a fat, whiney, obnoxious bitch that I hate more than anything on this planet, even more than my ex-wife and mother-in-law put together. You must have made quite the impression on someone... If I were you, I would read, shut the fuck up and pray God that I didn't become any further source of irritation to anyone, as one truly could not be anymore smacked than you have been with that hog assed bitches face being associated with you... Fuuu-uuu-uuuu-uuuck
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

usaftacp wrote:
Oooorrr it could be that someone is thinking you seem like a fat, whiney, obnoxious bitch that I hate more than anything on this planet, even more than my ex-wife and mother-in-law put together. You must have made quite the impression on someone... If I were you, I would read, shut the fuck up and pray God that I didn't become any further source of irritation to anyone, as one truly could not be anymore smacked than you have been with that hog assed bitches face being associated with you... Fuuu-uuu-uuuu-uuuck
That was so funny, I had to quote it so it could be read twice. :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Thank you for the welcomes, advice and tolerance. As I have recently been promoted from probationary member I thought it would be appropriate to submit a more complete introduction.

I am a former Marine Corporal having served from 1992 to 1996. I was stationed at San Diego, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Camp Kinser Okinawa, El Toro and Miramar. I was a 2161 Ordinance Machinist and worked on everything from Humvee's to F-18 Hornets. As a Corporal I held two officer billets, Safety Officer and Embark Officer. I am married (5 years in October) and we have been blessed with a one year old red headed little girl. Since being out of the service I have earned an undergraduate degree in History from Pt. Loma (in San Diego) and a Master of Science from San Diego State University in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling. My internship was with the Department of Veteran Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment office assisting veterans who had been wounded while in service (residual gun shot, missing limbs, PTSD etc etc) with applying for services, case management and a few other things. At that time I also served in AmeriCorps providing similar services. I am currently taking courses in a Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration from Kennedy-Western University with three more classes (after my current coursework) and a thesis away from finishing. I reside in Greeley, Colorado. We moved to northern Colorado from San Diego so I a could pursue doctoral studies in Human Rehabilitation from the University of Northern Colorado but that hasn't happened as of yet. Until recently I worked for a non-profit regional treatment center and appeared in court as an expert witness on substance abuse. I have started a new position with the state of Colorado as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor assisting people who have acquired disabilities to get retrained and employed. I also volunteer every friday night to work with at-risk teens in a dual role of providing security services and on the spot counseling. I am a member of the veterans group, Marine Corps League, where I assist in providing community services such as burial detail for veterans and Toys for Tots. We also assisted with Americas Huey while it was on its way to the Smithsonian. I am the youngest in the veterans group by about 10-15 years. Our group is comprised of WWII veterans to recent retirees ranking from Private First Class to Lt. Colonel. As things have panned out I will be going to the officer selection boards in October/November for AMEDD and, if I pass selection, will be with the 5502nd serving in the role of Hospital Administration or as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor of out Denver/Fort Fitzsimmons (?).
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Darksaga wrote:Thank you for the welcomes, advice and tolerance. As I have recently been promoted from probationary member I thought it would be appropriate to submit a more complete introduction.

I am a former Marine Corporal having served from 1992 to 1996. I was stationed at San Diego, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Camp Kinser Okinawa, El Toro and Miramar. I was a 2161 Ordinance Machinist and worked on everything from Humvee's to F-18 Hornets. As a Corporal I held two officer billets, Safety Officer and Embark Officer. I am married (5 years in October) and we have been blessed with a one year old red headed little girl. Since being out of the service I have earned an undergraduate degree in History from Pt. Loma (in San Diego) and a Master of Science from San Diego State University in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling. My internship was with the Department of Veteran Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment office assisting veterans who had been wounded while in service (residual gun shot, missing limbs, PTSD etc etc) with applying for services, case management and a few other things. At that time I also served in AmeriCorps providing similar services. I am currently taking courses in a Master of Arts in Healthcare Administration from Kennedy-Western University with three more classes (after my current coursework) and a thesis away from finishing. I reside in Greeley, Colorado. We moved to northern Colorado from San Diego so I a could pursue doctoral studies in Human Rehabilitation from the University of Northern Colorado but that hasn't happened as of yet. Until recently I worked for a non-profit regional treatment center and appeared in court as an expert witness on substance abuse. I have started a new position with the state of Colorado as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor assisting people who have acquired disabilities to get retrained and employed. I also volunteer every friday night to work with at-risk teens in a dual role of providing security services and on the spot counseling. I am a member of the veterans group, Marine Corps League, where I assist in providing community services such as burial detail for veterans and Toys for Tots. We also assisted with Americas Huey while it was on its way to the Smithsonian. I am the youngest in the veterans group by about 10-15 years. Our group is comprised of WWII veterans to recent retirees ranking from Private First Class to Lt. Colonel. As things have panned out I will be going to the officer selection boards in October/November for AMEDD and, if I pass selection, will be with the 5502nd serving in the role of Hospital Administration or as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor of out Denver/Fort Fitzsimmons (?).
OK...Junior,
Now pick an avatar (I have a really sick sense of humor when I assign them)
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Wow, thanks for all the history MoniII. It seems you have been busy and I wish you all the best in your promotion as the director of your hospital... Quite the leap.

Remember the first rule of the road, read more, post less as I think you'll find it will suit you much better. In all seriousness good on you for getting your school work done. Please don't continue to be a dumbass, as if you're not then perhaps, someday, maybe, you can even help someone here... I don't know why I am thinking it's going to happen, jst hoping beyod hope for the best. Now, what's the rule of the road there MoniII?
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
usaftacp wrote:
That was so funny, I had to quote it so it could be read twice. :D
You know what they say, third times the charm! Perhaps after reading it a few times DS will shape up or ship out.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Darksaga wrote:Thank you for the welcomes, advice and tolerance. As I have recently been promoted from probationary member I thought it would be appropriate to submit a more complete introduction.

See, that's more like it. Good intro. Welcome to the site. You should have good input in the Post Service forum. There are new guys joining all the time, and some of them will need Ch31 advice.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Lancer33

Post by Lancer33 »

Welcome, you stutter stepped a few times but it looks like you might have found the cadence. READ, LISTEN, SPEAK when appropriate.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You're work with veterans is commendable.

Don't get a swelled head though...you're still an asshole.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Lancer33 wrote:Welcome, you stutter stepped a few times but it looks like you might have found the cadence. READ, LISTEN, SPEAK when appropriate.
Ranger Lancer33,

I did stutter step pretty badly. I came over to this site because I felt I incurred a debt to Ranger Silverback and others from issues stemming at the ArmyOCS.com site. It became clear that I couldn't repay that debt while on the OCS site. I expected the kick in the nuts and to get banned. I was pleasantly suprised when I was allowed to remain. I will endeavor not to step on my dick while here even though that may be difficult when I am as well hung as I am. :D
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Darksaga wrote:
Lancer33 wrote:Welcome, you stutter stepped a few times but it looks like you might have found the cadence. READ, LISTEN, SPEAK when appropriate.
Ranger Lancer33,

I did stutter step pretty badly. I came over to this site because I felt I incurred a debt to Ranger Silverback and others from issues stemming at the ArmyOCS.com site. It became clear that I couldn't repay that debt while on the OCS site. I expected the kick in the nuts and to get banned. I was pleasantly suprised when I was allowed to remain. I will endeavor not to step on my dick while here even though that may be difficult when I am as well hung as I am. :D
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm willing to bet that you just have very, "VERY" Short Leg's!

And right now your wearing Golf Shoe's so Watch Your Step!!:shock: :evil:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Introduction Archive”