Darksaga

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Darksaga
Soldier

Darksaga

Post by Darksaga »

Hello,

I am an avid participant on the otherside of the street and thought I would come over a look around.

I am a former Marine Corporal. I served from 1992-1996. I spend way too much time with my head in books and am waiting for the AMEDD board scheduled for Oct. 2005.
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Welcome
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Darksaga

Post by Silverback »

Darksaga wrote:Hello,

I am an avid participant on the otherside of the street and thought I would come over a look around.

I am a former Marine Corporal. I served from 1992-1996. I spend way too much time with my head in books and am waiting for the AMEDD board scheduled for Oct. 2005.
Request you change your self description from avid participant to active jackass!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

..........Welcome ...........
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Silverback wrote:

Request you change your self description from avid participant to active jackass!
Is there a story behind this? I have not been over there in awhile and if this is another retard, I'd just as soon tell him to fuck off now and save time...
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

welcome ............
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

usaftacp wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Is there a story behind this? I have not been over there in awhile and if this is another retard, I'd just as soon tell him to fuck off now and save time...

I think you just did.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

usaftacp wrote:
Silverback wrote:

My sentiments exactly.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

usaftacp wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Part of the story is ... well, I fucked up. When Ranger Silverback came over to the otherside of the street I was unaware of who he was and did not address him in an appropriate manner. Fact is I refered to him a "Junior". I now know how completely inappropriate and out of line I was.

I also had a conversation with Ranger Puck about why we weren't completely flaming a guy and why. Though I do not know if Ranger Silverback is refering to that or not.

Thank you for the Welcomes. I have found alot of useful information on this site.
Top J
Tadpole

Post by Top J »

WTF is the other side?
WTF did you do in the Corps? ( MED Board)
WTF did you serve in the Corps?
WTF Your already being called a jackass!

Damn Marine! Square your self away
Top J
Active Duty Marine
22 years Airborne Grad.
MOS 2149,2142/41,8153,9962
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

So whatever happened to your buddy Brice any way ?
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

rgrpuck wrote:So whatever happened to your buddy Brice any way ?
Ranger Puck,

Brice is hanging around andd just reading threads. I believe he has asked Tankr111 for some professional reading on Leadership.
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Darkstar,
Welcome aboard. Tread lightly, participate intelligently, and learn. There is a wealth of information here, but you don't yet have the authorization to use a pitchfork in digging it out. Patience works wonders, too.

Play nicely.
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
Ranger classes 4-80 & 9-80
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
11th USAFAD (8" Special Wpns)
D/96 CA (A)
JIATF-East (Counter Drug)
478 CA (FID/UW) (IFOR/SFOR)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
Biometrics Mgmt Office (AFG) (SAIC)
PM DoD Biometrics - Operations (SAIC)
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Top J wrote:WTF is the other side?
WTF did you do in the Corps? ( MED Board)
WTF did you serve in the Corps?
WTF Your already being called a jackass!

Damn Marine! Square your self away
Sir,

To clarify, The otherside is the Army OCS website where I have met a few Rangers such as Ranger Silvertback, Ranger Puck and Ranger Kilted Heathen.

I was a machinist in the Corps with experience on both ground side and air wing. MOS 2161. I went through boot in San Diego, Combat training at Camp Pendelton. MOS school at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Camp Kinser, Okinawa with 3rd FSSG, El Toro with MALS-11 and Miramar with MALS-11.

AMEDD Board is a commissioning process for the medical side of the Army. It appears I will either work with the rehabilitation of wounded personell or hospital administration.

I was already being called a jackass because I did not show the proper respect to Ranger Silverback on the other site prior to knowing who he was.
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

B 2/75 wrote:Darkstar,
Welcome aboard. Tread lightly, participate intelligently, and learn. There is a wealth of information here, but you don't yet have the authorization to use a pitchfork in digging it out. Patience works wonders, too.

Play nicely.
Yes Sir and Thank you Sir.

Return to “Introduction Archive”