Jsragman Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jsragman
Ranger

Jsragman Intro

Post by jsragman »

Hello,

My name is Derek, I'm 18 and from the suburbs of Chicago. I'm currently a ROTC cadet at the University of Illinois and am studying General Engineering. I'll be a sophomore this coming fall. Also, I will be attending Robin Sage this August as a guerilla if any other members will be there as well.

My purpose here is to lurk and absorb the available information and experience and apply it to my future career in the Army. In the short term I plan on focusing on improving my physical fitness [APFT 78 pushups/76 sit ups/11:30 run at the beginning of May], continuing to read up on the Army, history, and combat [Currently reading On Killing by LTC Grossman], and doing well in my classes and ROTC. Long Term goals include being branched active duty Infantry and continuing to pursue my interest in special operations through the 75th Ranger Regiment or Special Forces.

Derek
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Jsragman Intro

Post by Bugsy »

jsragman wrote:Hello,

My name is Derek, I'm 18 and from the suburbs of Chicago. I'm currently a ROTC cadet at the University of Illinois and am studying General Engineering. I'll be a sophomore this coming fall. Also, I will be attending Robin Sage this August as a guerilla if any other members will be there as well.

My purpose here is to lurk and absorb the available information and experience and apply it to my future career in the Army. In the short term I plan on focusing on improving my physical fitness [APFT 78 pushups/76 sit ups/11:30 run at the beginning of May], continuing to read up on the Army, history, and combat [Currently reading On Killing by LTC Grossman], and doing well in my classes and ROTC. Long Term goals include being branched active duty Infantry and continuing to pursue my interest in special operations through the 75th Ranger Regiment or Special Forces.

Derek
http://www.armyrotc.rit.edu/bravo.php3 wrote:Robin Sage
Robin Sage is the final culminating event in the process through which the Army selects its Special Forces soldiers. Cadets do not participate in this process, but rather those going to Robin Sage act as part of the course cadre. They basically role play as guerillas who the SF trainees must teach and work with. The BN usually receives one slot for Robin Sage each year.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... n-sage.htm
Welcome to our site and good luck to you in the future.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Well, I would normally be an asshole here however I am feeling rather generous this evening. So, I am simply going to say welcome, read alot, use the search button alot and don't make a bother of yourself. As if you do, you'll find it's amazingly easy to become sharkbait. Now, go start learning and using that search button...
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

usaftacp wrote:Well, I would normally be an asshole here however I am feeling rather generous this evening. So, I am simply going to say welcome, read alot, use the search button alot and don't make a bother of yourself. As if you do, you'll find it's amazingly easy to become sharkbait. Now, go start learning and using that search button...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome and good luck! :D
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DEPs!

Square him away.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Welcome, I'll be leaving for Robin Sage July 28, so I might see you there.
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

ROTC_cadet wrote:Welcome, I'll be leaving for Robin Sage July 28, so I might see you there.
Woo-Hoo, a fucking reunion!!! Let me be Mr. Courteous and get you a cup of Shut the fuck up, TO GO!!!
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

usaftacp wrote:
ROTC_cadet wrote:Welcome, I'll be leaving for Robin Sage July 28, so I might see you there.
Woo-Hoo, a fucking reunion!!! Let me be Mr. Courteous and get you a cup of Shut the fuck up, TO GO!!!
The forecast calls for showers with a 50% chance of storms including severe thunder and lightning the next few days. Be prepared for bad weather and do not go outside unless necessary.
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Welcome.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
Bell
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Hello and good luck!
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Welcome to you and good luck in your endeavors.
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

Welcome
There are a lot of nice people in the world...I'm just here to help even it up.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Det 1 Co A 1/20 SFGA 81-83
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Welcome.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior

Return to “Introduction Archive”