Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote:I went to see Starwars and I couldn't stay awake!
I paid to see "Hunt for Red October" twice and fell asleep in the middle BOTH times. :shock:
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SnafuRacer wrote:You have to see Crash.
OK fucker here's your chance to earn my trust back. I added it to my queue (blockbuster online). If it sucks!!!!!! :twisted:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

I just wanted to see who would win between Anakin and Yoda.... why didn't they ever go into the treeline?

fuckers.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

RangerStew wrote:Saw it last night, and you have it reversed. It was Tutsi's that he was hiding from the Hutu's.
Roger that RangerStew, I stand corrected.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Watching that new King Arthur movie that came out not too long ago in english class. It really is pretty good, the battle/fight scenes at least.
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Malarkey, you watch movies in class? What ever happened to reading?

King Arthur was a good movie though. :wink:
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Malarkey wrote:Watching that new King Arthur movie that came out not too long ago in english class. It really is pretty good, the battle/fight scenes at least.

So did they ever figure out where they decided that the legends tell of Guinevere being a Pictish princess, other than that chick is hot with blue tattoos?
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

elle39 wrote:Malarkey, you watch movies in class? What ever happened to reading?

King Arthur was a good movie though. :wink:
Reading? What's that? My teacher's retiring, so she decided the last two weeks of school should be devoted to movies. I didn't argue with her about it.

Ranger Horned Toad, I don't know how that happened, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Malarkey
mikelogics
Tadpole

Post by mikelogics »

The HULK was so bad it made me angry.....

.... and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :evil:
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

SFOC Class 77-94
Tm Ldr, SF Tm 1302 95-96
CO, 12th SF Co. SFR(A) SOCOM PA 97-99
CO, 66th Infantry Battalion 10th Infantry Divison, Philippine Army (current)
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Rented a documentary, "Secret Lives". It's interviews with families, and the grown jewish children that were hidden by these families during WWII.

Excellent, especially for middle school aged children.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

I went and saw Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe in it. It was a really good movie, kinda caught me off guard with all the other crap that's been in the theaters lately. Highly recommended.
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Thanks for the review on Cinderella Man Kelly...I want to go see that!

Any suggestions from anyone for an 8 year old girl that will be cooped up in the house for several days due to surgery? I think she is Disney'd out!! Some good family movies would be great.
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

TEXASDAISY_27 wrote:Thanks for the review on Cinderella Man Kelly...I want to go see that!

Any suggestions from anyone for an 8 year old girl that will be cooped up in the house for several days due to surgery? I think she is Disney'd out!! Some good family movies would be great.
Fly Away Home is great one. It's a bit sad in the begining but a terrific movie... Also, Paulie is good (about a parrot who talks), and Curly Sue is a fun one as well. Oh! Harriet the Spy is good too. They are all rated pg, and I think that is only due to the fact that the movies would be boring for children under five. I don't recall much language, the content is definitely geared to the older kids... but not inappropriate, especially if you are watching with her.

Hope that helps. :)
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Julieanne wrote:
TEXASDAISY_27 wrote:Thanks for the review on Cinderella Man Kelly...I want to go see that!

Fly Away Home is great one. It's a bit sad in the begining but a terrific movie... Also, Paulie is good (about a parrot who talks), and Curly Sue is a fun one as well. Oh! Harriet the Spy is good too. They are all rated pg, and I think that is only due to the fact that the movies would be boring for children under five. I don't recall much language, the content is definitely geared to the older kids... but not inappropriate, especially if you are watching with her.

Hope that helps. :)
Thanks Julieanne! I appreciate the info!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”