Clothing does not make good cover (may be graphic to some)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

Silverback wrote:
gpatmac wrote:Until a combatant is physically clear of his weapon, though surrender or death....he's still a combatant.
Combatant? Doesn't apply in this situation. Not being "Physically clear of his weapon" is not a decision making criteria (according to the Law of Armed Conflict), now if he continued to pose a viable threat then game on.
Maybe I'm taking some license with the word usage and wasn't clear enough. At the 35 minute, 23 second mark you can see where the cashier is moving towards the shooter and the shooter squirms around so that he can pick up the pistol. Then when the cashier comes parallel to the shooter, the shooter is hidden behind the clothes rack, so I imagined that he was making some sort of threatening gesture towards the cashier. At this point, I made up my mind that the cashier was justified based on his panic level/anxiety/adrenalin. I mean, he's not a soldier, nor law enforcement officer and so only bound by law and not any sort of code in addition to the law.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Silverback wrote:Not being "Physically clear of his weapon" is not a decision making criteria (according to the Law of Armed Conflict), now if he continued to pose a viable threat then game on.
Does 'It appeared to me that he continued to exchange CO2 for O2' come into play as an acceptable criteria in determining if he 'posed a viable threat'?
Rebel3
Embryo

Post by Rebel3 »

Spartan wrote:
SkyShark wrote:However I do not know if the video is real or not. Just thought it was cool, so I posted it.
I expect to see you lowcrawling down to Blockbuster and back in about 15 minutes. I'll be down to personally supervise, after which I'd like to see some IMTing on the big open area just south of the Gas Station!
Spartan.... come on now we both know he can't do that anymore.

:twisted:
Find the Buggers and Pile ON!!!!
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Rebel3 wrote:
Spartan wrote:
SkyShark wrote:However I do not know if the video is real or not. Just thought it was cool, so I posted it.
I expect to see you lowcrawling down to Blockbuster and back in about 15 minutes. I'll be down to personally supervise, after which I'd like to see some IMTing on the big open area just south of the Gas Station!
Spartan.... come on now we both know he can't do that anymore.

:twisted:
:shock: :shock: Correction, I don't get PAID to do it anymore. However, someone shooting at me I will low crawl with the best of them. :lol: :lol:
It's all good.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I liked how they kept popping up to shoot, like an old cop movie. Charles Bronson would have just shot through the clothing rack. I think I would have made sure that fucker was dead too, and suffered the consequences in court, just as the clerk probably will; if the video is real, that is.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Silverback wrote:I call bullshit....The video looks staged to me.
So when can I do my victory dance?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
HarleyRider
Paratrooper

Post by HarleyRider »

Good call Ranger...
101st 96-98
25th 98-00
173rd 00-03
JRTC 2003-Mar 06
On orders back to 173rd
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Silverback wrote:
Silverback wrote:I call bullshit....The video looks staged to me.
So when can I do my victory dance?
Very nice. Good Call. 8)
It's all good.
Squigly
Soldier

Post by Squigly »

Its a fake big-boys wont post anything where someone dies.

EX http://www.big-boys.com/articles/riotfight.html
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Squigly wrote:Its a fake big-boys wont post anything where someone dies.

EX http://www.big-boys.com/articles/riotfight.html
BOYS? Son I have sperm older than you and most of it is in my happy sock!
Kilted Heathen wrote: Shut the Fuck Up!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”