A different kind of 1000's Club

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Pandellis
Embryo

A different kind of 1000's Club

Post by Pandellis »

While the Rangers' around here may find this a breeze, for the rest of us mere mortals it proves to be a little challenging. Each time we do it, it's done in the gymnasium on the basketball court with the stands set up around it, during a 40 minute PT session.

In all, you need to complete:

100 pushups

100 situps

100 chinups (palms away)

100 tuck jumps (to be done on one of those big poofy blue mats that highjumpers use)

100 squats (hold a 20+kg plate to your chest)

100 shoulder presses (again, using a plate)

100 bicep curls (plate again...)

100 setpups (onto a bleacher step or something similar)

100 dips (we used the bleacher step again)

100 sprints (up and back of the basketball court is counted as 1)

These can be done in any order, ie 10 pushups, 5 sprints, 20 shoulder presses etc. as long as you do 100 of each.

Only one guy from our last session completed the whole thing in the 40 minutes, but he's SF so he should! For the Rangers that find this easy, fight the clock.

Enjoy :twisted:
Explogan

Post by Explogan »

how much is the plate in pounds. Sounds like fun I will try it.
Pandellis
Embryo

Post by Pandellis »

There's a myriad of conversion sites out there - you can even type what you want converted in to google - so go google it...

Having said that, the weight I mentioned above is what I used, and not necessarily the weight you will use. There's no point in grabbing a weight which by 50 squats you can't do another rep. Perhaps have a few lighter weights there also so that if you really REALLY need to, you can drop the weight - just make sure that the next time you do the circuit you better the reps with the initial weight before dropping down.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Explogan wrote:how much is the plate in pounds. Sounds like fun I will try it.
20 kgs is 44 pounds.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton

Return to “About Army Physical Training”