GravityMan is still at it. (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

GravityMan is still at it. (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger EarthPig,

I have completed my third day of RIP (Class 07-05) with all critical tasks to date passed (5 mile run, CWST and 12 mile today). Just studying my Ranger history and getting myself mentally prepared for Cole Range next week. LMS is going to be graduating this friday with his class. Damn, that guy impresses me.

The RIP cadre seems pretty impressed with us overall, calling us very motivated and squared away, unlike the previous class. We lost 10 on CWST and 27 on the 12 miler. Retests are friday/tuesday respectively. So many people are VWing. Its crazy to watch the numbers drop.

I'll be honest, that march was the hardest thing I've done in my life to date. Crazy shit. We'll see how Cole Range compares next week. Our graduation is slated for April 15th. Hopefully my father will be making travel arrangements after Cole Range. I also sent an update to Ranger Creeping Death, whom I haven't spoken with in awhile.

I'm surprised how far I've gotten and how well I'm doing just by not quitting. It truly amazes me, and its only the third day. I'll update again soon, most likely after CR.

GravityMan
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Great SITREP. And the soldier is finally getting it. DON'T QUIT! It's that simple. Drive on to the objective.

Thanks for posting these Ranger EarthPig. I love em.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

what can I say G-man. Everybody has told you including Ranger Bell. Keep driving on!

Thanks for posting EP. I appreciate it.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Damned Good. Thanks EP. I know that takes a lot of time to post them. It is greatly appreciated.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Thanks for the Update EP.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Thanks for posting that EP.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

El Diablo wrote:I'm in the same class as Gravity Man, like he said this shit is crazy and it takes it toll on the body(knee is killing me) But I'm enjoying all the training that I recive and I hope to wear that tan beret very soon!
Drive on, El Diablo. I want to see Ranger under your name in the near future!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Great going both of you!!!
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Brat Attack
Ranger

Post by Brat Attack »

Drive on guys!!! As a recent graduate, there is nothing in RIP that can stop a highly motivated person. Suck it up at Cole Range and drive on. That is all that can be done. Study your Ranger history every free moment, and on your fireguard shifts, and the next thing you know you'll be spit shinning your boots and getting your BDU's pressed for graduation. Good luck and DRIVE ON.
C Co. Hardrock 1/75
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Good job, keep it up! Thanks for the post EP.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Way to go so far guys. Stay motivated. At cole Range if you don't find all your points and the cadre tell you to go find more even if there is like 20 min left, whatever you do DON'T....... well if i told you, that would take the fun out of cole range :twisted: El Diablo, you think your knee hurts now wait until cole range, the words "hit the woodline" will make you sick to your stomach.
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."

Return to “Letters from School”