This is a Future No Shit There I was Post

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
crhill
Egg

This is a Future No Shit There I was Post

Post by crhill »

Looking for help from everyone out there. My NG unit (I know, fuckin' no goes) is on alert for possible mobilization to you know where. I don't have any of my SOP's from my LRS days. Looking for any and all SOP's, equipment, operational etc. From BAT, 82d, 101st etc. I am one of 2 former 11B's in the entire company of tankers. Needless to say we've got our work cut out for us....hehe

Thanks in advance
SGT(P) Hill
E Co. (LRSD)109th MI BN 91
E Co. (LRSC) 14th MI BN 91-94
SPT Co. 19th SF UTANG 99-00
A Co. 2/116 CAV IDANG 97-98 and 01-present
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Chad, about time you came back!! I'll do my best to hook you up bro.

Jim
Chiron
Ranger

lr

Post by Chiron »

When I joined LRSD in Ft.Stewart December 1987 I was one of the first 6 to go to LRSLC. I was an ATL training for three years in the desert (off and on).

Can’t help you much but I do remember a few things on surviving in the desert.
When you’re out of water and thirsty as hell it helps if you put a pebble or two in your mouth to keep the saliva from drying up. Try and keep one canteen full till the last day. You never know.

They can see you a long ways out. Your hide is no longer a hide if you stand up in daylight.

Your commo will save your life so keep it clean and safe. If you fire a weapon you’re compromised and that’s a fact.

If you do go I do envy you. Take care. (our team was “phantom 5â€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
lrsrangerw8
Embryo

Post by lrsrangerw8 »

Good luck with your deployment but the main question is what kind of SOPs do you need? I mean if your with tankers, what do you need with LRS stuff? Honestly, i dont think your gonna get the same kind of systems that we have now. If you do, it will be crappy 104s lol.. Anywho, let me know cause i work in the school side of the LRS community now and i will get you what i can.
"That's why I like Bush. He doesn't over-think it. He wakes up every morning, jumps out of bed, lands on his two feet, scratches his balls, and says, "Let's kill some ****ing terrorists"
- Dennis Miller

Return to “Reconnaissance”